How to handle dueling programs from same merchant?
    I just noticed a "new" program for ComputerScrapbook.com, and since I am working to develop some scrapbook-related web content, I signed up and explored the site.

Alas, I quickly discovered that ComputerScrapbook.com is a "sister" web site to Scrapbook.com, which also offers an affiliate program through SaS. The difference is that Scrapbook.com sells tangible AND downloadable products, while ComputerScrapbook.com sells only downloadable products. I have no problem with the general idea of segmentation and "sister" web sites, but I do have a concern about the impact on affiliates.

My concern: If someone clicks on ComputerScrapbook.com, and then signs up for their free coupons & newsletter (a likely first step for scrapbookers who arrive at the site), they are immediately redirected to the Scrapbook.com web site -- and since they have not clicked on my Scrapbook.com link, I assume that any subsequent purchases at Scrapbook.com are NOT tracked or compensated.

Since I cannot find any links from Scrapbook.com to ComputerScrapbook.com, I suppose the obvious solution is to simply remove the new link I just added to ComputerScrapbook.com, and not participate in that program. But it seems that the company should anticipate this and offer some mechanism to avoid this conflict.

Does SaS have a policy on this?

Some merchants track across multiple sites. (Others, like Dell, don't track across separate divisions in one site!!!) You might want to check to see if they track cross-site sales.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello tim-store.com,

subsequent purchases at Scrapbook.com are NOT tracked or compensated.
    If it's something simmilar to what we have at everythingfurniture.com and everythingofficefurniture.com

SAS does have a solution for this. Call or email them they will hep you or the merchant out.

We are implementing this on our sites too so that affiliates get paid no matter where the customer came from. It's great!

SAS knows their stuff and how to do it.

Issue resolved - affiliate accounts will be linked
    After I forwarded Jorge's comment to the affiliate manager at Scrapbook.com, he replied:

I just called SAS. Sometime late next week, the two accounts will be linked together. If you send someone to Scrapbook.com and they purchase at ComputerScrapbook.com you’ll still get compensated and vis versa. I hope that helps to resolve your concerns.

Thanks for the help!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Those programs are now "linked"... an IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to be part of both programs in order to earn commissions.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar

Mine too! Thanks Brian.

Now everythingfurniture.com and everythingofficefurniture.com and scrapbook.com and computerscrapbook.com will be ready to make some serious...

tim-store.com, leave it to the SAS team for quick fixes, quick solutions, and quick cash in your pocket this weekend, why wait til next week.

Hey, perhaps we should link all four programs. (kidding Brian)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hint to smaller merchants is to use a common shopping cart for both sites so customers can have items in either with just one affiliate tracking code. Those seeking to develop a seperate product feed for each verticle site will most likely go with 2 carts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread