I am a Perfume Emporium and CandleBay affiliate.
    Just got this in an email from Perfume Emporuim:

"Greetings from Perfume Emporium,

We want to let all our valued affiliates know that Perfume Emporium is running a new coupon promotion with our affiliate site CandleBay.com. Any customer who makes a purchase at PerfumeEmporium.com will automatically get a $10 gift certificate to CandleBay.com (the gift certificate will automatically be emailed to them). The coupon code for this offer is CANDLE. There is no minimum purchase required to get the $10 gift certificate to CandleBay.com, they just need to enter coupon code CANDLE on the Perfume Emporium.com order form during checkout. There is no set expiration date for this new offer and we will let affiliates know if it is set to expire."

Ok, so do I post this coupon and get more Perfume Emporium sales but then lose sales to CandleBay due to the Gift Certificate they will send out? I am sure it will not be our affilate links to Candle Bay in the Gift Certificate Email...

Sometimes I hate these cross promotions..

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't post it. They both have $10 off $40 coupons, i would just stick with those.

Didn't see you have these for P.E.

$15 off any 2 items Code FB1990.
    $10 off a $40+ Code CD1972.
    $5 off any order Code KL1966.
    Free shipping on any order Code FS2000.

Yeah, I won't post the deal. I don't know what merchants are thinking sometimes...
    I don't really appreciate the link to CandleBay on Perfume Emporium either. I hate leaks.

Thanks for the codes, we had them expire at the end of the month til we could re-verify them. I did that quick and bumped them up, staggered a couple. I appreciate it.

I hate not having expiration dates. Thank goodness my husband has been trained to be my code verifier!

By the way, CandleBay has a 25% off coupon, comes as a pop up when you leave the site. Didn't know if you had it:

25% off your order.
    Code:LD2025

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Same here about no expiration dates and since today is the 1st, gotta lot of work to do today. Thanks for the 25% off coupon.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

I agree, Connie. I wouldn't post it. If they really want affiliates to promote this, they should include the affiliate ID on the GC so the affiliate gets a commission when the GC is cashed.

Probably a good thought on the merchant's part to increase business, just not very well thought out as they exclude the very people they're depending on to promote it!

Andy

You might want to post it. Who knows, they might come back to you to use their GC in addition to any coupons you might have.

Most gift certificates have a direct link in the email, and if people already have the G.C. they really have no reason to come thru me.

Now if they would send out the G.C. with my affiliate link in it that would be different.

Connie Berg

Hi,

It appears that Perfume Emporium inappropriately used the term "affiliate" in their e-mail. A more appropriate term would have been "sister site" since the same two brothers founded and own both.

You might want to contact them to see if they will offer commission on the purchases made on the CandleBay site.

Maria

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread