I am not a mega site but have increased my traffic (with the help of Haiko) from about 100 uniques per day to over 400 with over 800 page views. I have increased the hits to CJ merchants to over 300 per day. The result has been a dramatic decrase in revinue. I have two conversions this month and will likly not make a check. There seems to be the oder of decay commong from CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    How did Haiko help you increase your traffic from 100 - 400. Haiko - help me too, please. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You would not want the decrease in revenue associated with the increase in traffic if you are with CJ.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko,

Help us all! And for Free Too. As a matter of fact why not pay us for the privilege LOL. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Freesurf,

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Over 1400 clicks to CJ merchants and only two sales since Dec. 1.

I have started changing pages, adding additional search terms and still nothing. The one thing that I have noticed from CJ is that when I build a new page I will often get a sale almost immediately then nothing and I end up pulling them down after a couple hundred more clicks hoping for a sale. That has been the positive side. The negative side has been that I put up a page and then nada. Of the 4 networks I use CJ is the lowest performer. Even Linkshare converts better.

Mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I've got a little site that is just getting started. So far it has 3,000 impressions, 100 hits and 3 sales. Does anyone have any criteria they are willing to share about what kind of response I'm getting? What do these numbers say about the site?

Ray

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    CJ merchants sure have been converting poorly for me since christmas. 3492 click throughs resulting in only 6 sales. I use a variety of their merchants in themed shops and normally have about 6 good performers. I'll try out a few more new merchants there and see if the conversions start taking place.

OverStock sales sure have been down since they've become the darling for WhenU and Gator scumware Ads. Must be these programs stealing my shoppers at the point of sale since they still get a lot of traffic from me. TigerDirect meanwhile converts real well since they refuse all scumware/parasiteware and have 45 day cookies. That folks summs up my view that no successful affiliate program can be operated by a manager reporting to the advertising department.

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's just the post-holiday slump. It's not something to like, but not something to worry about either.

My CJ EPC is less than half what it was this time last month, even though traffic is roughly the same. Sales and conversion rates are also down significantly with my Performics merchants and some independents that I promote.

The same thing happens to brick and mortar stores at this time of year. Except for seasonal items, sales are "slumpy", and I'll bet the bigger stores in your town have laid off staff since the end of December. That's life in the world of retail!

Dr Evil

Haiko did help me and it was free. I asked to have my page reviewed and he did so with several suggestions. I implemented them to the best of my limited ability and presto- after a round of spidering and my traffic increased the way I said it did. It sure wasn't me it was Haiko. Haiko defend yourself.

freesurf,

It's a result of all your hard work!

Haiko

Sales are WAY down and leads are way up for me. My tracking switch on one of my sites seems to get flipped on for about an hour each day and then Lex must turn it off again.

This is starting to look like a good time to do some "secret shopping" and see what happens.

Today my CJ commissions passed the whole month of December, which was a GOOD month! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Since almost everything we sell is craft related, I think people are "cocooning" and looking for homey stuff to do. Thank goodness we're there to help them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread