Financial issues.. need some help
    Hey everybody!

I'm new here at ABW but have been in affiliate business for awhile now.

Thing is, I'm a publisher with CJ, and they only send payment trough cheques since I don't live in the UK, US or in Canada..

Now, here's the deal:

I can't receive anything in my name to my country since I am in a personal bankruptcy..

I have offshore bank accounts, but they can't cash cheques..

What do I do?

1) Is there any way to cash cheques "online".. some service perhaps..
    2) Is there any way for me to open an UK & Canadian bank account that's not in my name
    3) some other solution???

I am willing to pay good money for a good solution.

Thanks a lot!

/Dough

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Give the money you earn from cj to your creditors. It's not your creditors fault that you went bankrupt, they deserved to be paid. Once the bankrupcy is over than you can collect money in your own name.

You don't need a solution, you need some morals and maybe a conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by ojmoo

Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

thanks for the advice, but it's not like that.. not like that at all..

First of all, the creditor is the IRA, and bankrupcy is due to me withholding a bit of taxes.

Now.. say I earned $2000/month with CJ and gave it all the the creditor.. guess what, my debt would be payed off in no less than 5 years.. yeahooo!

I won't wait that long for a little morals and maybe a conscience

Any other advice?

Thanks

Dough

Quote Originally Posted by dough
    thanks for the advice, but it's not like that.. not like that at all..

First of all, the creditor is the IRA, and bankrupcy is due to me withholding a bit of taxes.

Now.. say I earned $2000/month with CJ and gave it all the the creditor.. guess what, my debt would be payed off in no less than 5 years.. yeahooo!

I won't wait that long for a little morals and maybe a conscience

Any other advice?

Thanks

Dough

Noun : IRA

1- A militant organization of Irish nationalists who used terrorism and guerilla warfare in an effort to drive British forces from Northern Ireland and achieve a united independent Ireland.

2- A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement; taxes on the interest earned in the account are deferred.
    But, if you meant the IRS

Noun : IRS

1 - The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.

Then, say Hi, to Alphonse Capone, once you get there, eventually.

yeah.. it's IRS

=)

yeah.. it's IRS

=)
    In that case dough,

Good Luck to you but, remember what they say about Death and Taxes.

You will have to pay some dough to Uncle Sam, sooner or later.

Also:

You can indeed, Leave Home With Out It and nothing is real Priceless, but eventually, For every Thing Else, there is the IRS.

Question
    I am willing to pay good money for a good solution.
    I have a good solution, but how will I know you will pay the "good money" you promise. After all, if you can screw the IRS (?), I'd be much easier to do so.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!

geez if it would take you 5 years to pay off your IRS bill I wonder how much money do you consider a little

ABW Ambassador
    So you are looking for hints on how to screw those of us who pay our taxes??

No thanks.

I don't live in the US, but I'm sure your IRS is similar to our Inland Revenue.

The first thing that strikes me that they surely won't expect you to give all you earn to them and live on fresh air until the debt is paid off. So step one would be talk to them and agree a repayment schedule which will allow you to start being a real official person again. If you have very little and earn very little, this will be realistic, it's fairly unlikely you'll be thrown in a debtors prison.

From what I've read here though, it sounds like you don't want to pay your $120,000 in which case you'll be a fugitive of sorts. Working in AM is an "official proper person" activity requiring bank accounts and so on as you've discovered.
    So the choice seems to be clean up your act, pay your debts and take a full part in society again, or remain on the edges, and only deal in cash.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You're only going to get legit advice here for dealing with the IRS. After all, you might be some nark looking to make some quick bux for turning in tax cheats, or maybe even be some fed yourself, hoping to get someone to admit to tax cheating of their own.

Plus, with AM, legit advice is about the only kind there is anyway. There's a paper (or digital) money trail that's easy to follow.

Even though there sure are places that'll *cash* a check without telling anyone, the people who WRITE the checks will put it on their taxes as a business expense. You know those 1099s CJ sends? They also give the IRS that information. Same with every other network (or merchant, for indies and BF merchants). So, the IRS'll sure know you got the money, even if they don't know how you made it usable.

Of the legit advice, Paul Ward's is the best. The IRS will indeed make payment plans, and let you drag the payments out over an extraordinarily long time. Each year around tax time, you just redo the payment plan. You end up paying some, true, but it's not like trying to come up with $120K in any quick time.

Then, when you've finally chewed down the debt a decent amount, start saving up your $$$, and negotiate a "settlement" where you pay a few K and they forgive the rest.

Of course, the ease of negotiation would probably be hindered if they've seen evidence that you'd rather just jump the border...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Work with the IRS dude. There's nothing worse than having a monkey on your back and the IRS is probably the worst type. Look at all the work you're doing to try to get out of it.

I pay insane taxes (as do we all) and I hate to think of how it's being spent on fat politicians travel expenses and 2-hour lunches. However, I do drive on nicely paved roads, and even if .001% of my tax money goes to a family in need or a child who needs medical help, then it was worth it.

Taxes are your responsibility. If you have issues with paying them that are political then get into politics. Otherwise, pay 'em.

peace
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Is it the USA IRS you're talking about, or the "IRS" or whatever in your own country?

My guess it's not the USA.

You need sounds advice from a competent tax practioner in the country you owe the money in, not guesses from a bunch of people on a chat board.

Remember it is legal to avoid taxes, but illegal to evade them. There IS a difference.

Hi!

Thanks a lot to everyone for all of your responses and advices..

I already have the whole debt payment thing sorted out and since I make money the debt will be paid in awhile..

Now what I need is a way for me to cash checks or receive money to an UK or Canadian bank account.. is there any way to do this?

And no.. I do not live in the US, so I am not talking about the IRS but the equivalence in my country.

Thanks,

dough

One more thing..

I said that I am willing to pay good money for a good solution.. With that I didn't mean that I will beam whoever a few thousands for giving me a few tips..

I meant that I am willing to pay for the opening of a bank account or something like that..

Dough

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I am willing to pay for the opening of a bank account or something like that..
    Probably will turn out to be THIS bank account, LOL...
    Last edited by Leader; July 3rd, 2005 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added quote to clarify
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Is this a for real post?

look "dough" the internet is an amazing place, I know of a guy that bought a whole new identity on the internet to escape traffic tickets, etc. but this kind of stuff is not meant for this forum. I'm sure out there there is a perfect forum for that kind of info.

It's not here though.

Okey then..

I will take my business elsewhere

If anyone got some suggestion for me, feel free to PM me tough..

Thanks,

Dough

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!

You could have your money sent to me, that will raise my income and taxes. So I will have to hold back 33% for taxes. I will take my cut and then send the rest on to you. Then again I might just decide to keep it all.

no.. send it to me..... I'll cash the checks and send you a 10% "thank you gift"
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by ojmoo
    Give the money you earn from cj to your creditors. It's not your creditors fault that you went bankrupt, they deserved to be paid. Once the bankrupcy is over than you can collect money in your own name.

ojmoo, everyone has financial problems sometimes and they only way to buy sometime is to file banruptcy, he may have full intentions to pay these creditors off but just not in the position to do so yet. He must first have money to live on otherwise, the situation will become worse yet.

Think about a time you have been in a financial crisis...

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread