l@rger_th@n_life
    What to do next?
    Hello,

I have been here for a while and love all the feedback. As the advice from great people online on this forum, I made a site that I am interested in(about my pet trurtles). With in the past 2 months I have managed to get it in the top 5 for my main keywords in msn and yahoo. As we all know google takes some time.

Last month I had 1000 unique hits and average about 37-40 a day. Now I want to take on a bigger challenge and actually start making some dollars to pay off for my hosting.

Does anybody have a story on how they slowly transitioned or what they did.

Currently I have an option that i am working on is making an online store for my fathers brick and mortar store(He owns a kids clothing store). But other than that I want to start another site with a greater challenge and actually lean towards finishing some sales.

I might be asking for alot but any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

What are people looking for when they come to your site? That should give you some insight into what they might be interested in buying.

Are they turtle owners? If so, they might be interested in supplies.

Are they nature lovers? If so, they might be interested in nature books, magazines, and videos.

Figure out who your visitors are and you've taken the first step towards monetizing your site.

Keep in mind that 1000 uniques per month is still pretty low. You might earn anywhere from $1 to $20 with that, for a site like yours.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

post a questionaire/poll on your site and ask your visit what they liked and what they want to see... shortly youll know who your visitors are...

the easiest way to monetise your pages is with adsense... you should be able to earn enough to for hosting with just adsense...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

l@rger_th@n_life
    Hello,

That is correct, I have thought of adsense but I feel that my visitors will not come back to my site.

I like the idea of a poll to figure out exactly who my visitors are. I will try that.

But other than that, how do you go on to another project. I just wanna try something else and new.

Thanks again guys.

"adsense but I feel that my visitors will not come back to my site. "

If they click on the Adsense ad, it is because they have already decided that what is offered on your page is not for them. You may as well get paid for the exit traffic.

l@rger_th@n_life
    Ahhh,

Any ideas for a second project or should i work on this some more.

I would just like to know the url of your turtle site since I am a turtle-lover...have a turtle tattoo on my back. Perhaps then I could lead you to a prosperous idea for a second project.

l@rger_th@n_life
    Hello,

I dont know if i can post it here. If haiko see's it he will kill me. I will PM it to you. its nothing shabby.

Unfortunately I'm at a meager 21 posts (trying to only write relevant posts) and can't receive pm's. Look under my profile and email me. Thanks!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar

Funny you should post this as I just became a recent turtle owner. Never had one, just dogs, cats, hampsters.

I bought a small turtle back in March for my daughter (well was kind of forced to or else. LOL) so my kids, wife even me have visited 10 or 20 different sites in the past few months about turtles. One of the turtles got sick so we went online in search of symptoms, cures, etc. Some sites were very good very detailed, infact one directs you to local vets for further analisys, can you believe it. At this age I now have to worry about taking a turtle to the vet. Wife called the vet $80.00 just to look at it, we passed the offer.

Since then we have spent probably around $200.00 between new tank, supplies, food. They do eat lettuce too, soon have no food for myself. Also my son's girlfriend has about 3 turtles for past 3 years so guess there is a turtle thing going around so if I were you I would keep at it with your site. Found out they can live up to 100 years too. So, if the trend continues, I and others will need your site for a while. See how much I've learned already. Ridiculus.

PM me your site if you like, I can tell you if we were one of those 1000 visitors.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Research the affiliate merchant giftware -jewelry -Tshirt -Poster and Pet store sites for individual turtle themed products. Place links on site to feed those turtles.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

l@rger_th@n_life
    Hello,

I have to start searhing for pet store affiliates.

What type of turtle you got jram

Turtle Power
    Thank you for sending me that! I looked at your site...nice for turtle lovers, which there are plenty of. The above poster had some great ideas. Where are you located?

l@rger_th@n_life
    I am in Toronto, Canada.

I gotta see what i can do with this, I recently put on a forum and it has worked ok so far. Takes time to build so no rush there.

Here in Florida there seems to be an abundance of "turtle products"...Guess it's because of the tropical atmosphere and all. Things I see (and own some) are ceramic turtles to hang on the wall, turtle figurines, coffee mugs, candles, even turtle wind-chimes. I suppose most of these would fall under the "gift" category, but I would also look into home decor. Like I said, check out Florida based companies because there's turtle stuff everywhere.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    BigDaddy - try Animal Den (a CJ merchant) for turtle specific merchandise, such as T-shirts, note cards, etc. That could spice up your pages some and appeal to your turtle-loving visitors. I'm sure there are more animal-related merchants you could advertise. And definitely get AdSense on your pages. They can be as unobtrusive as you want, plus they will target your audience and serve relevant ads.

If you give your visitors good, original content (write about your experiences with the turtles, your advice, insights, funny stories, etc.) they cannot find elsewhere, you'll get a book mark and repeat traffic.

Good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread