Interested in Starting an Investment club
    Have any of you been in one or started one?

I am currently in one but I just told them I want out because well the guy that started it is dating 1 of the members and its basically drama drama everywhere and drama and money doesn't mix.

So was wondering if anyone had experience in starting one.

Hi,
    We have been using this for our club they can hook you up with what you need.Good luck.
    http://www.iclub.com/

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I was in an investment club a few years ago. We did it for 2 or 3 years til everyone lost interest. Hardest thing was getting everyone to pay on time and then agree on purchases. I had a nice book, I forget the author though, sorry.

Once you start one, get a tax id for the investment club.

I've been in one for about 7 years and was in another one for a couple years before that. It's a great way to learn.

Probably the definitive book is Starting and Running a Profitable Investment Club : The Official Guide from The NAIC, although I do see that there is a Complete Idiot's Guide too, and those are usually pretty good.

The most important thing to me is finding a like-minded group of people. If you have traders and investors in the club, their strategies don't mix. Everyone in our group has a long-term investor mindset, and we've done well. (If anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is interested, let me know. We meet monthly in Arlington!)

One thing that helps people get their payments in on time is a late fee. Our club charges $5 per week if you're late, and we almost never have a problem.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I have two books called Starting and Running a Profitable Investment Club by Thomas E O'hara and Kenneth S. Jane Sr. and 24 Essential Lessons for Investment Sucess

I think I am gonna try to get my online friends to do it. Schedule a weekly chat and subscription paypal to make sure the money is taken out.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread