ABW Ambassador
    Moderators alias?
    If there is one, can you let me know, if not it would be helpful to have one.

As tonight thanks to the mod who removed the offending thread. It is funny to seach on stuff like that and see every other affiliate forum in the world gleefully allows crap like that to use their forums to promote it, but here it gets the boot.

Thanks

Chet

I'm not sure what you mean by "alias", but you can hit the button on any post to report it. That will get a moderator to look at it fairly quickly. Most stuff gets taken care of before it can even be reported.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I had posted about a bs post and mentioned it should be canned, and someone did. But since it dosn't say who did it, i can't thank that person. That is all.

Chet

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    No thank-you Chet for pointing out the thread. Just happened to be on the board when you posted.

As MC said, members can always flag a post/thread with the if there is a potential problem. It's always much appreciated by the Mods.

BS post? How to spot?
    Some of us newbie's replied to that BS post without checking into it properly first. I admit I was one of them so maybe there is something we can learn from this.

What sort of things should we check on a posting to warrant using that "alert the moderator" feature?

Regards,
    Peter

Well, I think it is pretty well covered in the rules.

That being said, we are pretty easy around here. A couple of things that are real no, nos. Never, ever post the link to another affiliate's site. That will get you more trouble than you want in this lifetime. Also, never use this board to post an affiliate link that you will get paid for. If you want to link to a merchant site when telling us about it, just make it a straight link. Haiko is the guy that is supposed to be making money from this site, not the posters putting up their own affiliate links.

No racial, ethnic, religious slurs are tolerated. For instance, it is OK to take a snipe or two at an individual but not at all the people living in their palce of birth, if you see what I mean.

If in doubt, ask a mod.

Another thing that will get you banned and in more trouble than you want is blatant dishonesty. This can be something that has occured on the board in plain sight of everyone or it can be something that has happened off board that Haiko has found out about. He has no sympathy for liars and cheats and he will not allow them to use his resources in any way. There is no appeal for this. Do it and you are done here. That is a good thing and protects us from those who would use ABW to troll for suckers. And, I am certain there are plenty!

Those and obvious drive-by spammers are the kinds of things to report as well.
    Last edited by SSanf; July 4th, 2005 at 03:15 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Often, it's new members who sign on just to spam their site.

If you're ever in doubt, just report it. We'll sort it out.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread