Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keep your politics out of it re:Happy Birthday America
    What's with the begging forgiveness?

How outrageous, for Sharesale management/ownership to post such an outrageous statement on the affiliate/merchant entry page.

Wishing America a Happy Birthday is quite enough. If you have political opinions, I should think they'd be better received on a political forum.

What's with the begging forgiveness?
    To my mind this shows that Brian is a man of morals feelings ethics and all things good things that I imagine most Americans have. Are you trying to tell me that America has done nothing that needs forgiving?
    Just ask the families of the 10 Brits that were killed by American fire in the Gulf war.
    Or ask the families of the 4 Canadian soldiers (who incidently came from Edmonton) that were killed by that American pilot in Afghanistan.
    I think most countries have done things they should ask forgiveness for.

I hope my ABW and American friends realise my post is not a dig at America or its people, I am just pointing out a couple of examples to cboom of why I admire Brians entry page.
    I should think they'd be better received on a political forum.
    It is his own website, is he not allowed to put what he wants on his own website?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    So cboom, you think it's okay for you to use a public non-political forum to give Brian a tongue-lashing because his beliefs conflict with your political views, but it's NOT okay for Brian to use his very own business to express his values and beliefs?

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    So cboom, you think it's okay for you to use a public non-political forum to give Brian a tongue-lashing because his beliefs conflict with your political views, but it's NOT okay for Brian to use his very own business to express his values and beliefs?

Just took a look - I think it is a very nice page.

Ebudae

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I don't like the "begging forgiveness" stuff either. There's plenty of other times to do that. But THIS is a day for Americans to wave the flag and be happy!

But, it's his site.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Actually, I like it.

When we celebrate how great our country is and how lucky we are to be its citizens, which for the most part is an accident of our birth, it behooves us to keep in mind the history that brought us to this point.

And, yes, much of that history and, some might claim, some current events, needs forgiveness.

Since most are taking the day off for celebration, it does seem to me entirely appropriate to also utilize some small part of this time, when our thoughts are focused on our country and all that it stands for, for honest self-evaluation and for commitment to making this the best country we can in the future.

And, if that self-evaluation is honest, what person with a heart or a soul would deny that there are things that need forgiveness?

If we cannot take pause to think of these things on a day dedicated to the celebration of our country, then when?

If we are not great enough to be able to humble ourselves and beg forgiveness for those thing we have done wrong, and survive with our pride, dignity and self-respect intact, we are certainly too small and inadequate to be world leaders because we do not deserve followers.
    Last edited by SSanf; July 4th, 2005 at 08:13 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Internet Cowboy
    That is the beauty of it all. We can each put whatever the hell we want on our web site and Brian can put what he wants on his. Like it or not, it is his web site and he can do what he wants with it.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I thing it's a very cool gesture. Thanks Brian, and happy birthday USA!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Happy Birthday America as your History of sacrifices, on behalf of all humanity, propel you collectively above all other nations.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

As the daughter of a 20 year Veteran of WW2, Korean, and Viet Nam WAR - I totally agree with Ecomcity, and Brians sentiments. God Bless The USA it is a great country and we are the most fortunate to have been born here.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Happy July 4th all you guys n gals n parrots.

I hope you all have a fantastic day.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

What's with begging forgiveness?

How about what's with YOUR issue with it?

The US has its ups and downs, since perfection eludes us humans. However, it is our ability to see our errors for what they are and voice our opinions that make this a great nation.

Having been born in a communist country and being part of a culture (Cuban American) that knows very well the meaning of no political freedom, I can tell you that having your voice and running freely with it is a beautiful thing, regardless of what agenda your voice carries.

Ok, I'm done with the Time to go eat some tofu-dogs. That's what us treehugger vegetarians do!

Have a Happy and Safe 4th Everyone!!!!
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    How about what's with YOUR issue with it?
    It's just a matter of, who wants to be humble on a party holiday?!

Time to go eat some tofu-dogs.
    YUC...no, waitaminnit. The alternative is meat-based hot dogs, which are made from mystery parts. On second thought, enjoy!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Don't know how I missed this thread earlier. My Bad!

It's already been said, but let me add to it from my perspective.

I am a veteran. I am a patriot, in every sense of the word. I have served in many foreign lands.

I have been shot at by those who do not share our definition of liberty. I have watched my buddies die. Because we swore to protect the liberties of those who wished to speak freely (and other things).

Brian has every right to post what he did on *his* website. The fact that I happen to agree with him doesn't enter into it (much).

"may we remember, forget, forgive, and beg forgiveness"

Any veteran of any armed conflict will flatly tell you *the truth* is in that quote.

Politics be damned! Up AMERICA.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

Brian has every right to put his feelings on his website.

Although...from a business sense...is this really the kind of discussion (or maybe publicity) he wants for his business. I find it rather refreshing that he would do it.

I am very careful to keep a non-political, non-controversial tone for my biz, because I don't want to take the focus off of how I make money.

Jazz Times

Happy Birthday America from your long term friends and allies in Australia

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with Brian
    I think his page is very heartfelt and patriotic. How many other networks do you see doing something like that?

He has the right, especially today. Not just because we celebrate our liberty, but because it holds truth. It's been a messy road as America has gone this far, and nobody is perfect.

I don't feel that the statement is based on any of the bull that our country is constantly arguing about today, but maybe more so as a general statement showing our humanity and what made this country great.

As far at the time to party and forget humility part... I don't think that Brian is trying to bring everyone down... he's trying to lift everyone up. Maybe we should reflect in humility and thankfulness before we are quick to party and forget what the holiday is about. Then we will have something to party over. Just my thoughts.

Talking
    I have no problem with it. I've lived long enough and kept my eyes open to know no one or one's country is perfect. (Actually, I love my country -- but I'm deathly afraid of my government . . .)

The kind of thinking and the awareness demonstrated by putting that on his web site is a reflection of the man. And, it is also why SAS is the most respected and trusted network in the business at this time. It is run by a person of conscience.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

All I can say is I live in Au and I am just pissed that we dont have a holiday today :-)

Just kidding - I think the mesage was appropriate and with the right sentiments and I wish everyone a very happy 4th of July! I just hope Brian puts a message up when its Australia Day which is like your fourth of July down here. Althought we are not really big flag wavers and happy jsut to have a day off work for a bludge! :-)

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It's Brian's web site and he can say what he likes.

Happy Birthday you bunch of Rebels.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Beg forgivness??? As a veteran who has shed blood for this country, I find this appaling. Sorry, July 4th is a celebration of our independence, not a day we "Beg forgivness" You want to have a political forum.. fine.. make it your homepage and we have an issue.

Some of you think that this is just peachy and that brian should put whatever he wants up on his homepage, I agree... but do realize that political statements, especially one as stupid as that will have reprecussions. I for one want to see how many vendors want to do business with a company who feels it is ok to slam the country that they have the opportunity to make it in.

I am guessing you will see a bunch move to CJ or LS or performics in the near future.

Stand on what you believe I suppose, but don't expect me to want to do business with someone who is an ungrateful lout.

Hi whatsyourdeal! Welcome on ABW.

First of all Brian doesn't slam the country. Secondly I don't think a bunch of merchants will move to CJ/LS/Performics in the near future. And third: you can always decide not to work with SAS. As much as Brian can do with his website what he wants, you can do the same

not even gonna post my response to you newbie because if your post isn't worth putting your real nick on, it's not worth my time in answering. (and Matlok did it so nicely and in such a civil manner too )
    first post ... riiiiiight.

moving on, belated Happy Birthday America. Just had ours too!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast