ABW Ambassador
    Hi all!

I feel silly asking for help with this, but.....I can't find the cj affiliate program on cj!

Ive search using cj affiliate program, cj, commission junction, and so on.....I cannot find it. It isn't on my list of advertisers as I don't think I've ever applied.

Can anyone help me?? It's probably right in front of my face somewhere but I am not seeing it.

Feeling stoooopid!

thanks!

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: MsMarySunshine ]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    in acct page, click get links, on new page 1/3 down page after yellow bar is grey bar , click advertisers, next screen click C under alphabetical listings
    Shown as Commission junction recruiter program

ABW Ambassador
    thanks walleye!

You know, I think I did see that but for some reason thought it was for recruiting merchants.....DUH!!

thanks again.

Let me know if you figure out a way to make money from it. I have no problem signing people up for CPAbank, and a few others networks, but never had much luck with the CJ program. :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    With CJ's referral program you don't get your bounty fee until the person gets some active links into place somewhere. You might have lots of people signed up under you but until they manage to jump through that hoop they won't show up in your stats. When/if they start making sales, you'll receive 5% of what they earn. If ever you manage to land a five-star sub-affiliate, count yourself lucky. They're a rare and precious breed!

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    If ever you manage to land a five-star sub-affiliate, count yourself lucky. They're a rare and precious breed!

It would probably help if you were able to find out who they were so you could nurture them.

ABW Ambassador
    Even if you know who your subaffiliates are, there's no guarantee they'll respond to your offers of help. I know who my subaffiliates are in perhaps a dozen cases but it doesn't make much difference. The only subaffiliate who is earning me anything more than coffee-and-doughnut money is one that I don't know. It's a lottery, it really is.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    It would probably help if you were able to find out who they were so you could nurture them.

That's funny. A friend of mine who works at Cj told me a story about that. It goes like this. Back in the start of 2000 they used to supply us with all the contact info of our sub-affiliates, (so we could mentor them). Well that got ruined by some schmuck who started calling his sub-affs on the phone and telling them to get off of their butts and earn some money! LOL

As you can imagine this caused many complaints and is why we can no longer be (Cj Mentors)
    Can you imagine?

HA!

The nerve of some people' kids!

Breeze,

quote:
    some schmuck who started calling his sub-affs on the phone and telling them to get off of their butts and earn some money

You mean he told them to "SELL, SELL, SELL!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Haiko

You can see who the sub-affiliate is by doing a two-tier report. it lists company name and site name...

ABW Ambassador
    You can only see the company name and site name in your two-tier report if the person has written it that way in their own account. My subaffiliate list is full of cryptic names and labels, not company or site names.

ABW Ambassador
    I betcha whoever I signed up under loves me to death. LOL!!!

Once upon a time there were three little subaffiliates. One went to market, one stayed home, and the other one came to ABW and learned something...

quote:
    Elisabeth wrote:
    Even if you know who your subaffiliates are, there's no guarantee they'll respond to your offers of help.

I hand picked some folks to offer to teach this stuff to. One or two might make it.

It doesn't seem to matter how much you tell someone or coach them if they don't want to make it their own, they aren't going to.

I even offered to print up certificates of graduation from the Follow the Leader Institute of Internet Marketing after their first sale...
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (not).

ABW Ambassador
    Its nice to know there is at least a chance of finding out who signs up. I wish the person I had signed up under had contacted me and given me some tips...would of saved me months and months of trial and error.

It still didn't click til a few of the old gang on cj forums shared the bits and pieces of info that made it all come together!

I have had a couple people online who have asked me questions and I've tried to help them, but when I go back even now and look at their sites I see they didn't take the advice....and they still are wondering why they aren't making as much as others.

So I can see where knowing wouldn't necessarily mean they would take the advice I would offer.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread