May Payments?
    July?
    August?
    Can you give us a timeframe or if you have already, can someone point me in the right direction to find it.
    Thanks.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

It depends on the merchant. I think Linkshare is planning on paying around the 8th and 23rd every month. Whichever merchants have paid by the cutoff will be included.

I think I've already received May payment from a merchant or two, but it's too much of a hassle to verify what periods the merchants are paying for now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael,
    Haven't seen anything yet for the two merchants I'm still using somewhat.
    They both have a history of paying pretty fast which was why I was wondering.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Nothing for May here yet.

Heck, I am still waiting on payment for all my April commissions except 1 that has paid so far and for a dozen or so payments due to me prior to April.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Special Liaison
    Good Afternoon,

We have started to receive May payment from merchants, as we are also still receiving prior months payments from merchants. When a merchant pays us will determine when a check (and for what month) is sent out.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Gloria[/FONT]

When will the Payment Summary Report be expanded to show what period the merchant paid for?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I received 3 checks in June which added up to about 5% of my May earnings. My Payment Summary Report also reflects this 5% payment. Now where's the other 95%!!?!
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid
    Good Afternoon,

We have started to receive May payment from merchants, as we are also still receiving prior months payments from merchants. When a merchant pays us will determine when a check (and for what month) is sent out.
    What is being done to get late paying merchants to fall in line with the rest? Consilidated payments is nice, but if an affiliate has to wait months, it is no different than before. I'd like to know of LS is putting any restrictions or requirements on merchants to pay by a specified date.

Thanks!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Some merchants have always paid on tme with the old sytem but now with the new system we are unable to know whether the delay is from the merchant or from LS, because we are unable to know whether the merchant paid and when.

This is starting to get serious. Linkshare owes me quite a bit of money and there's no sign of it. My payment report doesn't make any indication about it and it's almost 3 weeks late. No response from their customer support. I wish there was something I could do. I feel helpless and neglected. Way to go Linkshare.

- Scott

I don't know why they can't add the "Merchant Payment History" like they had in the old reporting system to SynergyAnalytics. At least that way we will be able to keep track of when the merchants' payments come in - after all it is our money isn't it? Right now we are just groping in the dark. Of course I'm sure LS probably doesn't want us to see when the merchants have actually paid. Hell no that would be giving us too much information.

I just got off the phone with Linkshare, and I have several updates relevant to this thread:

1) A new Payment History report in Synergy Analytics will be coming in the near future. They don't have a timeframe, but it's the top priority after some simpler Payment Report changes that are coming Thursday evening (adding the Check Number and Voucher Period to the current report).

2) Linkshare is financially incentivizing merchants to pay quickly by waiving the check cutting fees if payment is received within 30 days of the end of the month. For instance, if payment for June commissions is received by Linkshare by 7/30.

3) The 8th and the 22nd are the approximate cutoff dates. The goal is to process and mail within 3 business days of the cutoff. There's processing on Linkshare's end, getting the file to the bank (which has a 3:30pm cutoff), processing by the bank, and then cutting/stuffing/mailing checks.

4) Merchants take note! When a merchant makes payment with a check, Linkshare gives the check 5 business days to clear before including it in a consolidated check. When the merchant pays with a wire transfer, there is no delay. Most merchant pay with a check, which causes an extra week delay (plus mailing time). Linkshare is going to communicate this with the merchants and encourage them to use wire transfers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Excellent info Michael, thanks for posting it!

FYI, the Affiliate Payment Summary has been updated with the promised functionality (check number and showing what period a merchant is paying for), a graph, and a simpler interface. Looks good!

They also added a "Merchant Payment History" report, but they totally fubar'd this. Instead of showing based on the period that the merchant paid for, they're showing it based on the date Linkshare paid. Instead of showing all merchants, they only show the ones who paid. Other than the name, there's nothing in common with the old "Merchant Payment History" report. They don't show when the merchant paid.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    FYI, the Affiliate Payment Summary has been updated with the promised functionality (check number and showing what period a merchant is paying for), a graph, and a simpler interface. Looks good!
    I wish I was seeing the same thing you see. My Payment Summary is less functional than it was before. It used to show each payment amount, but now it only lists a Grand Total and there is no longer a link for Issued (which never worked in the first place). In fact, there aren't any links on this page. All I can see is the total amount paid for April. No information about May or June. The system still takes about 10-15 minutes to load and I still can't get any reports to work. It *always* hangs when I attempt this.

- Scott

I'm curious how Apple users are handling this system. I just read over at Microsoft that they won't be building anymore IE browsers for Mac. They're freezing it at IE 5.5. I'm sure a lot of my problems with Synergy are due to this. IE 6.0 just isn't available. What I'd really like to know is how Linkshare plans to deal with this. They're requiring a browser that isn't available for many of their affiliates. With all this talk that they'll be eliminating their good/working reports, I'd expect more Apple users to speak out! They're essentially threatening to cut Mac users out of Linkshare.

- Scott

Scott,

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but here's what I see with the new Affiliate Payment Summary report:

On the first page, I see a table with the months as rows and the number of partners and commission (and currency) amount paid as columns. Below that is a chart showing a graphical representation of the same thing.

Clicking on a month takes you to a new page showing the payments made for that month. The rows are the payment dates. The columns are the check number (clickable), the payment ID (clickable), the payment type, the total commission amount, and the currency.

Clicking on a check number shows each merchant included in the check with the invoice period (what they're paying for), the commission amount, and some other less useful columns.

Clicking on a payment ID shows the dates that the payment changed to various statuses (authorized, approved, issued, cleared).

From what I see, it's much more functional than the old reports. The only thing I would change would be to have the initial report show all payments rather than monthly summaries, eliminating a step. (I would recommend keeping the graph as a monthly summary.) There's also some additional detail that could be shown. For instance, the first check included some amounts carried over from previous periods. Various merchant amounts also included manual adjustments (for bonuses). It would be nice to see a breakout of those, but not entirely necessary. Also, it would be nice to be able to click on a merchant amount and see the supporting detail.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Wow, I don't see any of that. I just reloaded the page and it's still the same. I just see one row for "Grand Total" which indicates part of the total that I've received from LS since this system was introduced. I don't see any charts or links. I'm starting to think my IE 5.5 won't suffice I guess I'll just need to buy a new PC if I want to use this pile of crap.

- Scott

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread