Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Smile Changes to Merchandiser
    In case you missed this in the latest LS newsletter :

Merchandiser Policy

We've changed our Merchandiser policy to allow more affiliates to take advantage of our merchant datafeeds! Going forward, the $250 set up fee will be waived if:

You have been active in the Network for at least 3 months, AND
    You have generated at least 50 orders in the most recent calendar month

For more details on getting started with Merchandiser, visit the Affiliate Resource Center in the upper right hand corner of your account interface. The Merchandiser sign up information can be found within the LinkShare Products & Services section of the Affiliate Resource Center.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

what about searching for links?
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

http and a telephoto
    You beat me too it Chris, lol. Now if they would make the feeds downloadable via normal ftp, I'd be a happy camper. (I already have access to the feeds, but don't use them like I would if I could get them a bit easier).
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

what about searching for links?
    Not the same thing this is purely for data feeds.

downloadable via normal ftp
    Would be useful for sure

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Now if they would make the feeds downloadable via normal ftp, I'd be a happy camper.
    LS has certainly over-engineered some of the simplest stuff. Like FTP.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    That's great, except:
    "*Once approved, if you generate less than 50 orders in any given month, LinkShare reserves the right to charge a one-time maintenance fee of $250 or discontinue access to the Merchandiser product. "

So if you have a bad month, you're account could suddenly be in the deep negative until you make up the money.

I guess if you constantly make alot of sales, this is good, but for those of us that have fewer sales during off peak, it could be nerve racking....
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Do I get a refund of the $250 I paid earlier lol

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Your welcome

See, I emailed Kalia (and my feed merchants) a coup[le months back saying I've removed the feeds because I couldn't FTP.

Now without me... they're struggling

Quote Originally Posted by Abusaki
    Do I get a refund of the $250 I paid earlier lol

I know you said this laughingly, but you brought up a very valid question here and it shows that LS has not thought this through very well before offering it (like so many other things they do). Why was it okay for people to pay $250 last month and now they are giving it away? If I had just paid that amount this year I would certainly be unhappy to learn that LS was now giving it away.

Mr. Messer needs to make some plan for reimbursing affiliates for money paid for this service, either in full or prorated based on when they signed up. To ingore those folks would be just bad business, in my opinion.

Oh, did not mean to shoot the messenger. Thanks Chris for posting this information. So often we get LS news from you before we hear it elsewhere and your efforts to inform us is always appreciated. Keep it up.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; July 6th, 2005 at 04:55 PM.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

No worries Ron

On your point though, I see the issue, but I also don't see it, this happens all the time in business, AOL offer $40 sign up and then a freebie month, Merchants offer something for $100 one month and then free the next month.

I guess the difference is , as lstolze posted above, is that , what you pay for you can't lose.

However I don't imagine LS kicking people off of merchandiser just because they have one bad month, I'd expect it's more averaged over a period of time.

Cheers

Chris

I just think LS should have seen this question coming and probably should have addressed it at the point it was announced. Really, it is not like they are making folks work hard to get the feeds. 50 sales in a month is pretty easy if you are already doing feed sites. CJ is much more strict, requiring $10,000 in sales a month, which is how I got in there. I think if LS is giving the feed away, one should at least work for it and they are somewhat on the right track there. However, I do feel sorry for any affiliate that paid $250 last month when LS probably knew then they were going to do this.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm confused - to get this 'free feed' deal you need 50 sales a month and to get 50 sales a month, you need the 'free feed' ... wasn't there a book about this ... "Catch22"?

Charles

Animal Lover
    Charles,

Before LS implemented this new merchandiser condition everyone had to foot $250 for the datafeeds. Having said that, there are a select few LS merchants who opted to offer 'free' datafeeds on their own (apart from the LS interface) - notably WSO merchants (See ChrisWSO who started this thread - Chris I hope you're going to treat me nice - I've been plugging you for as long as I can remember ).

Hence for those of us who didn't want to foot out the $250 for ALL the merchant feeds, we opted to just stick with the 'free' feeds offered by LS merchants who were friendly enough to give us a helping hand.

Thus 7-Days' comment about those of us already utilizing feeds from LS merchants...

Oscar

Oh, my, I see I was actually putting the cart before the horse, wasn't I? What I had tried to say was if you are already using feeds outside of LinkShare merchants, it would not take too much to get 50 sales from LS merchants. But, I now see the flaw in my logic. It might be hard to get 50 sales from LS merchants in a month if you don't have the feed. Yes, catch 22. Well, this may not be as easy for LS affiliates afterall.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I really don't see a problem with Linkshare charging $250 last month and making it available free to moderate to high-volume affiliates this month. If it was worth $250 to someone last month and they paid for it, they got what they paid for.

Last year, we bought a new car. It had about $4000 in rebates that were going to end a few days after we bought. When those rebates ended, they introduced new rebates for about $5000. We didn't go back to the dealership and ask for another $1000, and the dealership certainly didn't contact me and offer to give me an extra $1000.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    But on the other hand, many retail stores/businesses allow a customer to return in x-days (generally 14 days) to get the difference if they paid the higher price. Not all businesses advertise it, but take it from someone who worked in retail and marketing for 15 years, if a customer does call them on it, they do have a policy in place to accommodate that customer. I think that expecting LS to give them back the $250 is kind of off base, but I do think that they could offer some sort of incentive or soothing ointment to the affiliate that easily makes 100+ sales a month, and just paid $250 for the merchandiser.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Just saying LS knew about this in advance and as a courtesy could have given affiliates a heads up so they could decide to wait or pay the $250 when they did.

Communication, communication, communication....that's one of the biggest things we are trying to get LS to do.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I have to agree with Michael Coley.
    I can't imagine there are many cases where companies don't know in advance of price drops for there products. But they don't go in effect until they are announced. Linkshare has significant affiliate communications problems, but I think they are innocent on this issue.

Regards,

PS. maybe merchandiser fees paid/not paid could become a silly analytics ratio. Maybe even with a graph.

Animal Lover
    Well I've just applied and...the reply...

Thank you for your email.

I will be out of the office and away from email on Monday, July 11, 2005. I will return your email upon my return on Friday.

Thank you again,

Merchandiser Support

Oscar

Oscar,

At least she had the foresight to set up an auto responder, unlike other support emails sent to LS that either go unanswered or get a canned response sent back.

By the way, the person that runs the Merchandiser program is on the ball and one of the best folks I have dealt with at LinkShare. Consistently quality service and support. I have not one complaint from the service I have received there. She deserves a raise!

Not to say there are not other good folks at LS, but this one I've dealt with for two years and very happy with everything in that department.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Agreed. Kalia does a great job.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Angry
    I subscribed the revenue magazine, and then LS offers free subscription for affiliates. I paid $250 for Merchanidser, now they waived this fee.

Refund! Refund!

Hi Concorde

Ah so you blame LinkShare for the fact that you paid for a subscription of revenue magazine? Please explain that.

Would you also criticise a merchant who ran an activation campaign, but you'd already activated, or how about airlines that do last minute ticket prices because you booked in advance? As Michael has pointed out, there are just so many examples we can point to where prices drop with no notiftcation.

Cheers

Chris

revenue magazine is worth the money but the merchandiser isn't. I will also consider NOT to pay LS to get something in the future.

Btw, merchandiser is not a ticket type product, it's an investment.

That's not what I asked. You posted that you were upset that LS gave a free promo, putting the blame on LinkShare that they offered a free subscription to Revenue after you had already paid for one direct from from Revenue.

So surely that's something you should take up with revenue not LinkShare? Your post would seem to say it's LinkShare's fault.

I'm not asking about the merchandiser at all.

Cheers

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast