SynergyAnalytics 2.0 (Still Beta???)
    In a recent email from LinkShare (first one in ages) I see that they have come out with SynergyAnalytics 2.0. Seems they have bogged it down with even more stuff I won't use, over a dozen new graphs and charts, over a dozen new analytics metrics and reports.

What is sad is it is still BETA! In all my years working with computer software I do not believe I have ever encountered a BETA system that went to the next version (publicly) without the official version being distributed first. Usually a BETA is released to a small pool of users prior to to the official version being implemented. If a second BETA version is put out, again, trial tested before going public. At least that has been my experience and I have beta tested several in my time.

Again, I feel Mr. Messer is not following the right path in testing and getting feedback before moving forward.

Now, I do want to thank the folks on the back end that are having to build and support these programs that Mr. Messer is pushing. I know they are working hard and are in an impossible position. I appreciate their hard work and at the same time...feel sorry for them. I know I would not want to be an employee at LS this year. (Oh, wait, LS employees got paid regular I bet and did not get their income held back for six weeks like I did. Maybe they are better off than I am. Hmmmmm.)
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Calling it "Beta" is being very generous.

At the Linkshare Symposium, I got to talk to one of the people in charge of Synergy Analytics. I mentioned many of the frequent complaints, and he was unaware of most of them although he did claim that they regularly reviewed the boards. I told him that there were tons of useless graphs, charts, and reports, and asked him where they got their direction for which things to add. He said it came from users. I expressed my doubts about that and when I pressed him on it, he said it came from the customer service department. Seems like a pretty messed up arrangement to me.

Count me as thoroughly unimpressed. Linkshare just doesn't get it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

When they are ready to do things correctly, I would be happy to be an official BETA tester. But that means I would test a product before it is distributed, with a proper period for feedback, changes, feedback, changes, etc.

The way it is done now is that it is simply shoved down our throats, like it or not.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Calling it "Beta" is being very generous.
    Count me as thoroughly unimpressed. Linkshare just doesn't get it.
    I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly Mike. I am so sick and tired of waiting for those useless graphs to load, and as for those spinning arrows WELL now that is something else. The old method of reporting was so simple to use and we had all the information we wanted at the click of a mouse. Whoever "designed" (and I'm using the word lightly) this program obviously never had the end-user in mind, and why they thought they needed to change the whole system just to implement consolidated payments is beyond me. As things stand now nobody seems to know when next we are getting paid, how much we are getting paid and which merchants are going to pay us. It's just a disorganized mess that never seems to get any better. Perhaps Steve Messer should have consulted Brian at SAS who could have given him some good pointers as to how a REAL network operates (excellent tracking, good reporting, consolidated payments, direct deposit AND parasite free!). In a perfect world all LS mechants would jump the wagon and change over to SAS (guess I can dream can't I?).

ABW Ambassador
    Was reading the new issue of Revenue Magazine, free courtesy of LS and they had this advertisement for the new SynergyAnalytics:

"Tired of downloading data reports only to spend hours getting the answers you're looking for? LinkShare SynergyAnalytics does the work for you."

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Was reading the new issue of Revenue Magazine, free courtesy of LS and they had this advertisement for the new SynergyAnalytics:

"Tired of downloading data reports only to spend hours getting the answers you're looking for? LinkShare SynergyAnalytics does the work for you."
    Oh, that is funny!!!

Especially when the new SynergyAnalytics takes hours (seems that long) to download, only to spend hours getting the answers.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    That's one for the Daily Chuckle, Trust
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

DAVE!!!!

Looking at who is reading these posts I see Dave@SynergyAnalytics reading them. Oh, my! We've been wondering what happened to you since your last post of Feb. 7th when you presented information about SynergyAnalytics and then just dropped off the face of the earth with many of our questions unanswered. Glad you are back (hope it was nothing serious) and anxious for you to provide some much needed information about what the heck is going on with SynergyAnalytics.

Afterall, Dave, you came here in February with a post that said:

[QUOTE]My goal for these discussions will be to discuss with you the new and exciting direction LinkShare is driving the market with SynergyAnalytics TM, discuss how you can utilize these tools to grow your business, and answer questions you may have regarding our new applications. I invite you to participate in these discussions and I appreciate your feedback and interest in our applications. Thanks.[/QOUTE]

Then left while dozens of posts were put up without any answers: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53852

Anyway, so glad you are back. You presented yourself well here at ABW and seemed interested in helping us. Welcome back.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, i was smiling when i read that. They need to do 2 things:

1. Make that thing fast. When i click on a report, i want to see something in a few seconds. Don't know if that's even possible.

2. Someone from LS start a thread and actually get some imput on what affiliates want and don't want since we're the ones using it and then actually listen and follow thru on suggestions. I think there is a thread actually. I think they're just adding a bunch of useless stuff to make it look more robust when to me it just looks like it's gettting more and more bogged down.

Trust,

The link in my post above was Dave's attempt to introduct SynergyAnalytics and ask for feedback. Sadly, he left before that every happened as he had suggested in his post. Now that he is back maybe we can open a dialogue and get this BETA thing working like it should be.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    If they actually listen and implement since we're the ones using it. That would be great, i would be all for that. At this point, i don't even mess with it.

Frankly, I only look to see if a check has been issued. The old reports are much easier to get to and just give me the basics I need.

However, I did read in the email that there will be training on how to use the reports, information to be provided soon on that. Sad that we need training. I would prefer reports that are intuitive and don't require training.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

From their email.
    As you will remember version 1.0 was a replication of the existing LinkShare reporting system
    ummmm no.
    As a matter of fact, now that we are up to version 2.0 I STILL can't get the info I used to get.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Highlights of SynergyAnalytics 2.0 include:

Numerous analysis performed on all the key components of your account
    Over a dozen new graphs and charts
    Over a dozen new analytics metrics and reports
    Enhanced performance analysis capabilities
    What merchant has paid.
    When did they pay.
    When can I expect payment.

Three pretty simple features we used to have. But at least I now have "dozens" more graphs & reports.

oooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

More information to follow on the timing of the training.
    cause we have been kept so up to date on everything, should I start holding my breath now?

then again, why the hell should I need training to see stats?

How many clicks.
    How many sales.
    What was earned.
    What is owed.
    When merchants paid.
    What they paid.
    Reversals.
    Sale Items.

Can we get those all working nice and easy? And I don't need pretty graphs for any of them.

Yes I know some work, I'm just saying get the basics down.

Note that although SynergyAnalytics 2.0 is fully functional, we have decided to maintain the "beta" moniker until final backup hardware is in place to ensure full redundancy in system performance. Until then, you may continue to experience some sporadic access.
    So we can expect to experience some fully functional sporadic access? Couldn't resist.

Actually, Popdawg, I would be thrilled beyond words if those were the first eight clickable items at SynergyAnalytics.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hello Dave.
    I see you

Hmmmm, I think someone at LS must have gone over and turned on Dave's computer. This must have been the last place he visited before whatever it is that happened to him made him dissapear on Feb. 7th.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread