Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Plazan Skin Care
    First of all, I want to say this is NOT a slugfest with Plazan - nor is it to say I think they (and Neil) are dishonest. I am just hoping for some insight.

I have been happily promoting Plazan for about two months (?) and have given them top priority on some decent PR pages. I am running 5 prime real estate listings of Plazan in product and banner form. I have had ONE sale. That's it.

I'm not used to promoting a relatively new merchant, so I am wondering, is this normal? My sales have been lower due to the off season for my niche, but only one sale for Plazan just seems really whacked. All my links work, I have prominently displayed my links along with the JLo copy, and as I said, the links are on a combination of PR 3 and 4 pages, which are definitely getting hits.

What am I doing wrong? Neil has seen my placement, and he thought it was okie. Is anyone else having a slow go with this?

Neil, darling, you know I think you're fab, so please don't be offended by my post. I'm just wondering what I could be doing wrong...

~Lisa~
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Lisa I only just joined the program very recently, so I guess in my case it's too early to tell. What I can say is that I also have Plazan featured on my main index page and I've created a whole section devoted to the product. So far I've had no interested visitors clicking through yet as far as I can tell. Hopefully the SE's will spider my Plazan pages soon - then I will be able to test the waters as well. In the meantime good luck - hope you get some orders soon.

How targeted is your traffic? It seems like this vertical would be a very tough sell to a general audience. Even to a more focused audience, most women I know don't like to change their skin care products.

I don't know how well this applies to Plazan, but many smaller merchants have sites that aren't optimized for conversions. Larger merchants have usually learned what works, optimized their sites, and streamlined their processes.

Are you sending people to their home page? I just went there, and there's no real call to action on the home page. I see news headlines, awards, testimonials, press mentions, and lots of copy, but no products.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Thanks for posting guys.

I am sending quite a few people over - all my links (except one) take people to a product page. Just to give you the bigger picture - 72 clicks for July so far - 364 clicks total (most of those being from June).

I thought it may be the shipping - $23 - but Neil says the cart abandonment rate is low. Unless people are looking up shipping cost prior to shopping - shipping is in the FAQ section.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    How targeted is your traffic? It seems like this vertical would be a very tough sell to a general audience. Even to a more focused audience, most women I know don't like to change their skin care products.

I don't know how well this applies to Plazan, but many smaller merchants have sites that aren't optimized for conversions. Larger merchants have usually learned what works, optimized their sites, and streamlined their processes.

Are you sending people to their home page? I just went there, and there's no real call to action on the home page. I see news headlines, awards, testimonials, press mentions, and lots of copy, but no products.
    I think skin care products are a hard sell, particularly when it is such a relatively new product. I would also think the fact that it is manufactured in combination with components from fetal cell extracts might put a lot of women off using it. People are very squeamish when it comes to this type of thing, and prefer to use products made from natural ingredients such as herbs, etc. I've set up my links to point directly to my own pages where I have all their products listed, as I find that using direct product linking rather than banners has always worked well for me. Whether it's going to work for Plazan is yet to be seen, but I'm hoping for some good results in the long-term. Perhaps the fact that J.Lo is plugging the product might inspire all those groupies to follow suit

Internet Cowboy
    I think that if the majority of the traffic you are sending is US traffic, they are turned off by the cost of shipping. I understand that it is expensive to ship internationally so many customers order from domestic vendors instead, even though they can't get Plazan here they settle for something less.
    I have had some sales and they are good sales when you get them, but the customer must really want the stuff badly to pay $24 for shipping.
    Maybe if Plazan could set up a distribution channel in the US, shipping costs would be less and US sales would soar.
    My girlfriend and one of her daughters are both registered aestheticians and both acknowledge that this is good stuff and also that the prices are not bad. Some of the stuff the salons sell are more expensive and not nearly as good.
    I think if the prices were bumped and the customer shipping charge was reduced or eliminated the end result would be more sales. Shipping charges are a stigma. Customers will pay $94 for a 2 oz. jar of cream, but refuse to pay $70 and $24 shipping.
    A big fat FREE SHIPPING banner gets people stirred up!

Skin care products from Cyprus are quite popular with women from the more affluent part of Asia too.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    First of all, I want to say this is NOT a slugfest with Plazan - nor is it to say I think they (and Neil) are dishonest. I am just hoping for some insight.

I have been happily promoting Plazan for about two months (?) and have given them top priority on some decent PR pages. I am running 5 prime real estate listings of Plazan in product and banner form. I have had ONE sale. That's it.

~Lisa~
    Checked earlier and their 7 day EPC and Sales are at zero.

Internet Cowboy
    I hoped Neil would chime in on this thread. I guess not.

Yeah now that you mention it, he seems to have disappeared off the radar! Perhaps he is spending his days on the beach showing off his Plazan-treated bod to all the tourists

I have a feeling he just missed the thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    When this came out i asked my gf on her thoughts about it and it just made her squeamish. I think if you have U.S. traffic it might be a hard sell. You would convert better if you had European traffic where it's better accepted.

First of all let me apologies for missing this thread.
    I cant understand for the life of me how i did,

OK. lets see what we can tell you.
    regarding affiliates that are selling, obviously no names
    last months commissions ranged from $350, $200 $123,
    and many more below that.
    The top affiliate had 15 sales from one site,
    I don't mind giving you the figures we have nothing to hide
    our total affiliate generated sales was 76 for last month.
    take into consideration that we are a new program,
    with a relatively new brand.
    Now i don't know about anyone else !!. but i am very proud of that.
    so yes we are getting sales.

next is the issue of shipping costs.
    This is something that we are looking into ,
    i am considering free shipping and losing it in the price.
    as yes we are cheap for a high-end product.
    but don't complain when you have to re-do your data feeds.
    I will get back to you on that.

With regards to traffic
    95% of our sales go to the states, that speaks for itself, America is our market.

as regards EPC .
    I just looked. 7 days $19.26 . average sale 7 days, $172.73

so for a new merchant and a new product i think we , and when i say we.
    I mean all of us, are doing a fantastic job.

Lisa I know what your stats are i check them at my end around 3 times a day.
    I dont know why they are not converting but i had another affiliate come to me with the same question
    not so long ago and guess what ? the next day she got 2 sales.
    I will speak to the web master about the site, if some of you think the front page does not have enough
    call to action on it, we can fix that.

another thing to consider, we are now getting second wave orders from the site
    so remember once you have your customer base they will buy again and again.
    we spend many hours each day answering feedback forms from the site.
    like,, my skin is this, i have a problem with this,
    i used your day cream but i think i might need a mask system.
    what would you recommend.
    so we are doing our bit at this end to keep them on board .

I think all I can say after this , is..

just keep at it , if things are not working one way try another.

but as I said before.
    for a new program [we\ us] are doing a fantastic job

Neil

once again , sorry i missed this thread.

Thanks
    you know who for the P.M

ALL FEED-BACK WELCOME
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Please remember.
    i am 10 hrs ahead of most of you.
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

Neil,

Have you looked into the cost and logistics of using a US-based distributor for your US customers? It seems like it could save you a considerable amount of shipping costs and greatly improve delivery times for US customers. (Sorry, I don't have any specific recommendations for a solution.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

we have thought about a depot in the states,
    though its to early to make that move
    but if we keep on going as we are,
    i will move.
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

Thanks Neil for your explanations! I wish other merchants were as forthcoming with their programs. Keep up the great work!

Have a good one
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

HA! shipping costs...
    When I first joined Plazan, I wanted to order a birthday gift for a girlfriend and the shipping costs scared me away. I emailed Uliss to mention this and he told me I was the first affiliate to ever bring this up. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this might be one problem for conversions.

I was happy to hear Plazan were working on alternative options for shipping.

I made a quick page for Plazan on a somewhat related website. I had a few visitors (including Plazan ) but not many yet. I think I only had 3 or 4 sales so far.

The products are very reasonably priced and would be a great sell even if shipping was cut just in half. I wouldn't want to see large price increases or some products double in price to offer free shipping.

As for the ingredients, I agree it might be disgusting just to hear about it, but when you read the whole story (women tend to read more than men) it's doesn't sound nearly as bad. A woman who truly wants to erase wrinkles and look younger will try just about anything and pay the price to get the best product she can afford.

Catwoman

Internet Cowboy
    I think this program has a lot of potential. I have made a handful of sales and the average sale has been NICE, generating a NICE commission.
    I spend time on them each week tweaking and touching in an effort to get more traffic.
    Thanks for your candor Neil. Keep the lines of communication open and soon we will all be doing very well with this program.
    Last edited by UncleScooter; July 11th, 2005 at 03:49 PM.

just to add that Uliss is on holiday, but should be back this week .
    i will get him to work on a few things as soon as he gets back
    but as i said before, if you all have to re-do your data-feeds
    then so be it.
    we to will tweak until things are perfect.

well done all of you

keep up the good work
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

Hi all and thanks for your feedback on our affiliate program! I just came back to work today after a weeks vacation. So I'm ready to answer your questions/concerns and provide any necessary information to make your life as affiliates more enjoyable.

Very soon we will announce four new products on our site. I'm preparing pages right now. When I'm ready with that, I'll put product pictures and links to the products on Shareasale. Please check shareasale in a couple of days for new Plazan products.

Glad to see you again,

Uliss
    affiliate manager
    www.plazanskincare.com

Uliss and Neil,

Based on what you see in your program stats, approximately how many sales would an affiliate need to win the free trip to Cyprus?

How does the contest work exactly:

Affiliate 1: 20 sales generated $3,000 revenue for Plazan
    Affiliate 2: 30 sales generated $2,000 revenue for Plazan
    Affiliate 3: 25 sales generated $3,000 revenue for Plazan

Would affiliate 2 win with the most sales although they generated the lowest revenue for Plazan?

Now that's my kind of incentive!

Catwoman

Hi Catwoman
    its based on revenue, not sales as in number of sales.
    the one with the highest sales volume cash wins.
    at present it is very wide open, anyone can still win this
    10 good sales will put most of you on the top.
    and still lots of time to do it.

by the way the new products are on the site,
    though the feeds wont be at shareasale till monday.

four new very good cleansers,
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

First Plazan Sale - Zippity-Doo-Dah!!
    Well I sure was pleasantly surprised this evening to see that I had made my first sale (not too shabby commission-wise either). I hope this is the first of many more to come. I lived and worked in Greece for 14 years and I miss the people and the lifestyle, so a free trip to Cyprus is definitely something to strive for .

Well done Grumpy
    Yes i work sunday also.
    i have seen that sale, not bad commish for the first sale.
    Dont forget everbody,
    the feeds for the new products will be
    posted to shareasale on monday, so get them up as soon as you can.

well done again

Neil
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast