View Poll Results: Which of the following is the least useful reporting system.

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Amazon

1 2.63%
  • Performics

11 28.95%
  • Linkshare Original Reports

4 10.53%
  • Linkshare Synergy Analytics

13 34.21%
  • Commission Junction

6 15.79%
  • Shareasale

3 7.89%
    Worst Affiliate Reporting System Poll
    Please select the reporting system you find least useful.

ABW Ambassador
    Wrong forum.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Moved.

Although I got a kick out of the original placement...the topic actually isn't network-specific.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

poll
    Oh I messed up. The new LS reports are the worst. Sorry.

"the topic actually isn't network-specific"

Sure it is

This is a loaded question, presented at a bad time of year for one particular network.

But, hey, you got my vote entered anyway.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The only reports I would rate worse than Synergy Analytics (as they are right now) would be Yahoo's Tracked Link reports. Has anyone else had to use those? You basically get two graphs (last 365 days of sales and last 365 days of clicks) and two numbers (total sales for last 365 days and total clicks for last 365 days).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    The new beta system for linkshare is the worst reporting system by far. I hope they don't retire their old reporting system. THe old system lets us track the things that really matter.

The new system is a complete waste of time. I spent 10 minutes there and cannot get any of the information I need. The old system tells me everything I want to know very quickly.

Linkshare, don't ever retire the old reporting system. We need that. The beta reporting system is useless to affiliates.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    "the topic actually isn't network-specific"

Sure it is
    Well, I would have thought its original placement in the LS forum would have been a great clue as to who would win this poll (and I was tempted to leave it there) But, at the time of this response, Performics is right on their tail for worst interface!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BeFree has to be the worse as the CJ tracking script is simple (if they removed the data mining spyware filters)
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I agree with the above,Be Free uses web site domain names, I never will figure out Performics,they seem to get worse,Share a Sale isn't bad,except they never let us know when a merchant is offline, and with several websites, and meta tags,you have to constantly edit each, in or on each page,for example,I had a sale from Elite Jewelry, then found they are offline, and a complaint that the sterling silver ring,turned color,lost sale.From now on, if a merchant is offline, I am just going to delete their ads,and forget them, to much zigzaggin.To whoever sent me the post,re:setting up links, I have been online for 5 years, and offline retailing for 47 more, with time out to get back home to NJ, so walk in someone's moccasions a mile or two,before YOU jump the gun
    my nickels worht went up to ten cents now.
    Jersey Jim

15 years and counting
    Michael - Yahoo's Tracked Link reports. Has anyone else had to use those? You basically get two graphs (last 365 days of sales and last 365 days of clicks) and two numbers (total sales for last 365 days and total clicks for last 365 days).
    It's very basic, I agree. BUT, it works, it's accurate and I've never seen it down for more than one hour (maintenance). (I've not seen any changes in years, either)
    I've several indies using it from the beginning, I've a look at my Yahoo reports everyday, updates are always done at the same time. In a few seconds I can see what I need to know. It's a time saver for me.
    I'm making way over $100K in commission with several of these merchants so my graphs are not easy to read. If I had a choice between SynergyAnalytics and Yahoo, I'll go back to Yahoo, sad but true.

Although the Yahoo Tracked Link reports are very simple, I have to agree with Zeus, they have been very reliable. I have some independents that I would have no idea if they were paying me correctly or not if it was not for these reports. With LS, I'm still not sure who has paid me.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    The new beta system for linkshare is the worst reporting system by far. I hope they don't retire their old reporting system. THe old system lets us track the things that really matter.

The new system is a complete waste of time. I spent 10 minutes there and cannot get any of the information I need. The old system tells me everything I want to know very quickly.

Linkshare, don't ever retire the old reporting system. We need that. The beta reporting system is useless to affiliates.
    Glad you said that 'cos I thought it was just me that thought that.

30 years in IT and I am struggling to think of a worse example of an interface that the new LS, and that is across all IT systems not just affiliate reporting.

LS may not have heard of this secret, but in the old days we used to do something called "pilot projects" with just a handful of users. That way one doe not upset the whole of the user community.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by websmith
    LS may not have heard of this secret, but in the old days we used to do something called "pilot projects" with just a handful of users. That way one doe not upset the whole of the user community.
    Yeah, that's what most people call "Beta Testing" now. Of course with Linkshare, "Beta Testing" means something totally different.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    There are some godawful independant reporting systems out there, which for a number of reasons, I won't post here. But, there's definately worse systems out there than some of these listed options!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    I think the performics reporting is clean and fast. They give real time info, we get to see items sold. The link building is horrid and I haven't found any reports on payments (We do get emails).

I agree that a more apropriate poll at this time would be which was better the old linkshare reporting or the new. The synergy analytics is a convoluted mess. Without the old payment report. I cannot figure my current outstanding balance with merchants. The consolidated payments, though, was a great leap forward.

The long delay in implementing consolidated payments and ACH seems to indicate that there is something wrong with the architecture at LS. My guess is that they hired people who over studied the issue and have been implementing a bad architecture.

Loud public complaints can sometimes work...especially when the problem is over design. The key to solving the Synergy Analytics problem is KISS ... Keep it Simple Stupid. Fixing the problem might be a matter of changing the name to something like "affiliate reports".

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread