Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Exclamation Things Are Getting Old Around Here!
    ABW will be 4 years old in less than a month (August 3rd)!

ABW has impacted on many people over the last 4 years. In the upcoming month leading up to ABW's birthday, I thought it would be nice if folks shared the positive things they have gained from being a part of ABW over the years. Let's share what ABW has meant to us.

PHEW!!!! I thought this thread was a dig at me until I read your post Kellie

The first thing that comes to mind for me is the wonderful warm feeling of family we get from ABW.
    Then I sat back and thought about it and I realised just how much I have learned over the past 4 years.
    There is also the feeling of complete satisfaction I get knowing that if I need to find the answer to anything at all relating to the affiliate lifestyle all I have to do is post on ABW and I know the answer will be freely given.

All in all I would just like to say,
    Thank you Haiko and all ABestWeb members, life is much better with you than without you.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar

I will come back to add more later.
    But a BIG "THANK YOU" to Haiko is the first order of business.

ROCK ON ABW!

I'm with Gordon. Whew. Didn't know my birth year was public. LOL

What have I learned?

It is possible to earn money without scamming anyone. You don't need to send a million spams to make a buck. You don't have to pay to join a paying program.

You can find almost anything you need to know right here. If not by the search function, then just by a simple question.

You can get stimulating responses, pro and con, to just about any subject you wish to post about.

You can interact with other folks that are in the exact same situation that you are in. You can interact with folks who have already 'been there, done that'.

The real people that make up this forum are the true value in this business.

Much more, but mostly redundant.

My thanks to you all.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Everything Sgt Friday said and more - and it's FREE!

Cool
    Hey, I'm still learning -- and recruiting new affiliate marketers to the group.

Internet Cowboy
    I learned that the Internet Tool Kit is not necessary to make a living on the web. I have actually learned a LOT more than that and have made some very good friends/associates, mostly friends.
    I look forward to meeting a lot of the members of ABW, affiliates and program managers alike, and putting faces with the names. We all have our own perceptions of what people look like, at least I do. I hope some of mine are correct and others are not. I guess the ARC function in Miami will lay some of these perceptions to rest.
    ABW has made a huge impact on my business and I have all of you to thank for that. We learn from smart things people say and we also learn from.....ummmm..."unsmart" things we read. To all who have contributed on either side of this fence, thanks! And a big ole' THANKS to Haiko for keeping this thing growing and keeping up the synergy that he has over the years. I know it has been a pain in the a$$ at times, but Haiko has trudged forth and has really done an incredible service to the affiliate marketing community. I said this on my 1000th post and I will say it again. If you think ABW has issues, just go to any other AM board out there. They are all dwarfed by ABW in size, user base, amount of content and most importantly quality of content.
    Happy Birthday ABW!!!

I have kept my sanity during late reports, no reports, glitches on every merchant and network I use.

This would not have been possible, without the shared experiences I find here.

I can't imagine being in affiliate marketing without this board. It's only been 2.5 years since I started in AM. I knew nothing about it, and it seemed too good to be true. I made enough $$$ my first month to get a check from LS, didn't believe it when it actually arrived. I was "alone" for the first 8 months, making money (more than I thought possible) but not quite understanding this industry. One day I stumbled across ABW and spent the next two days reading EVERYTHING.

Thank you Haiko so much.

Jazz Times

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    With the help of ABW, I have found what I want to do with my life. This isn't work, it's fishing, with a keyboard, and I love it.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    With the help of ABW, I have found what I want to do with my life. This isn't work, it's fishing, with a keyboard, and I love it.
    my favorite sport

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    PHEW!!!! I thought this thread was a dig at me until I read your post Kellie
    I thought all y'all were talking about ME again!

Good grief! How can I say what ABW means to me? I wouldn't even know where to start. I guess, it is the sense of community, knowing that our interests and concerned are shared by others of like mind.

But, it is more than that. It is also watching the growth and changes in the board and the people. Between the defunct CJ forum and ABW, I feel I have watched Haiko grow up and become a man. A darned good one, at that.

It is watching those who have their personalities set and who never waiver, like Leader, who I have read as many years and assessing my own reaction when I found out she is a woman rather than a man. I learned a lot about myself from that.

It is having our fights, our making up, learning of betryal by those who were once trusted and respected, seeing honorable behavior rewarded (SAS), sharing in successes, weeping over failures, celebrating marriages and births, and even experiencing the real pain of the loss of dear friends we never met through death.

It is the feeling of being a part of the human community, of belonging to something larger than myself. ABW has it all.

And, you can learn how to make some money, too! How good is that?!

Happy birthday in advance to ABW. And, darned good job Haiko!
    Last edited by SSanf; July 7th, 2005 at 12:45 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I just enjoy the camaraderie, sharing and challenges of ABW. Imagine me and Charlie not having a forum to let off stream, while brainstorming ideas and fighting those Adwhore windmills. Thank God for Haiko's generosity in not charging me for web ink and "quick reply" space, as I write this affiliate industry novel (or is it a Whorror Story?). What budding author gets instant feed back on a work in progress. Even Gordo considers me a "piece of Work". Ms.B understands me better then my Mom (bless both their souls) and just like my real family, I sometimes get sent to a corner like those pouty dolls.

This place is feedback heaven to me. Happy almost B-Day ABW....that's close enough to excuse one more drink before 12:30 AM nap time. Here's to the changes rolling in like a distant thunderstorm.
    Last edited by ecomcity; July 7th, 2005 at 01:02 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I think all us affiliate marketers would go crazy without AWB. Haiko, thanks for all you do to keep this forum going and for your generosity of spirit. You've earned a place in heaven, right next to Bill Gates. ;-)

Happy birthday AWB! And many more ...
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I learn't how to earn money as an Affiliate.
    I learn't how to work smarter, rather than harder.
    I learn't how to actually find time to do the things I love.

And I attribute everything to the combination of two things: ABestWeb and my dedication. In that order (because ABW gave me the modivation which brought on my dedication).
    Any future success I may have, I owe ~80% to ABestWeb.

So Thank You Haiko, Thank You fellow ABW'ers and a Big Thank You to the Affiliate Marketing industry.

Cheers,
    Rogi

I learned what a Parasite was
    I learned that not everything I "think" is TRUE..
    I learned that "MOST" Affiliate Marketers are just GOOD PEOPLE..
    I learned that I shouldn't post first thing in the morning without getting a cup of coffee..
    I learned that there is a wealth of knowledge out there that I didn't know anything about before..

---
    The things I still have to learn -- or put into action:
    Not Being So Touchy.. LOL
    Remembering that this is a public forum and not my personal ranting post..
    Just keeping my big mouth shut on some topics.. =)

-----

I would like to thank Haiko and ALL the Administrators here that make this a great place..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Single Tear....

ABW Ambassador
    I learnt more from here than any ebook on affiliate marketing could ever teach me.

I learnt how to earn money from affiliate marketing and found some incredible mentors and role models here.

I found inspiration from ABW back when I had a job that almost drove me mad and found the hope that helped me leave that nightmarish environment.

Thank you ABW, and Happy Birthday!

I can't possibly list all that I learned here. As an affiliate, I felt much like a loner until Andy R. invited me here when he was at TD. People pay thousands of dollars to learn what one can learn here and the interaction is far better than any college course. On this board, I learned:

There's thousands of people who want to be in the affiliate marketing biz full time and that dream of mine wasn't far fetched.

All about datafeeds, what works and what doesn't work, made very good money using them and enjoyed the roller coaster ride along the way.

That competitors of mine would help me solve problems and answer my questions.

That there's other people with the same questions that I have and that it feels good to help them.

That we can disagree on topics, often times with very heated debates, and yet all pull together for the common good.

What to really look at when considering a merchant partner, what and who to avoid and just who is stealing our commissions.

That there are people who give unselfishly for this biz, like Andy R., Kellie, Haiko, Mike and many others on this board. Their inspiration played a large part in my decision to jump into this full time as an OPM. If I can offer even a fraction, of what these folks have, to affiliate marketing I will feel successful. Getting into this full time is a dream I had for years. Thank you all!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    @ Gordon, Frankii and SSanf: I made you look though didn't I? I am a sneaky swamp one at times.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Smile Thanks and Happy Bday ABW!
    -I learned I don't have to work in isolation even though no one else in my company does what I do for a living (or anything like it).

-I learned that tons of other folks DO exist, who actually know what the term 'Affiliate Marketing' means, who like me, understand the obstacles & issues that surround the industry, and who like me, revel in the joys of being a part of such a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry.

-I learned that the public forums are not as bad as some people think/say they are.

-I learned that ABW (bias and all) and the many folks who take part in its countless discussions, really has a lot to offer in the way of learnings as long as you've got a lot of patience and a lot of time to read, read, and read some more.

-I learned that the forums are not really as overwhelming as they first seem upon first glance.

-I learned that a lot of people love to work in lounge pants and that sometimes it even pays off.

-I learned that I'm not the only one who logs onto my computer to check on business at 3am, and that at 3am EST there are still a lot of active folks online.

-I learned that I work in an industry filled with a bunch of cool, creative & really interesting people.

-I learned to keep my mouth shut sometimes.

-I learned that 'tracking will not be affected' even though it always is (that one is very much thanks in part to CJ of course, but because it's mentioned here so often, I thought it was worth throwing in).

-And most of all I learned, that in this business, the learning never ends.

HAPPY BDAY ABW!

I've met a lot of great people!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Happy b'day ABW. Here's to many more!

I owe a lot to this forum and its members. Before becoming active on ABW affiliate marketing was a sideline that brought in a few bucks a month. Now it's my livelihood. It's a hell of a way to make a living but I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Thanks to everyone who participates here but especially to Haiko for giving us a home on the web.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Happy Birthday ABW!

I'd love to list everything I learned here - (but THAT'S not gonna' happen)

but all I can say is 99% of all questions, tricks, lessons etc. are posted here - IF you take the time to find them.

I can say that with ABW, I've reached "the next level" in affiliate marketing,

doors have opened for me that would never have opened without ABW,

and knowing there is an "affiliate family", knowing we're not alone, knowing there's someone you can run to with an affiliate problem is... can't think of the word... but it helps me get thru the day.

Many thanks ABW - and all who post here.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thanks to ABW:
    I've found that there's something to do on a computer that's as addictive as video games.

I've found that it is indeed possible to spend many hours arguing about things even when both sides know darned well that the other side isn't going to change their position.

I've found a place where the *normal and expected* response to the phrase "get a real job" is FLAMES!

There are people I can talk about AM to who don't either get that glazed look, or hound me with utter newb questions like "I have to connect to the Internet? Doesn't that just come with the computer?"

I've found a place where I don't end up thinking all the other people are as unfathomable and strange as zoo animals after reading a few posts. Only some are

Happy Birthday ABW!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I have learned so much here at ABW that it would be hard to list everything.

When I first started I had a little homepage with one tiny banner on it. lol
    I started right before CJ decided to close their forum.

I learned that even when the Network tried to stop us from talking and helping each other and pointing out what merchants were bad and didn't pay - that there was someone with the guts to lay it on the line and start ABW. Someone who knew we need a place to tell it like it is.

I learned that there is power in our voices - and that we have the power to change things for the better - and we have many, many times. And while some might consider this to be nothing more than a "Communist messageboard" - that at least the people have a place to go and speak and not be silenced by those who don't want us to know what they are REALLY up to.

I learned that even when we fight with each other, there is much forgiveness.

I learned that Haiko has and will lay it on the line to help even the smallest affiliate - and has taken a lot of grief because of it. But he is still here and ABW is still here, whether certain people like it or not.

I learned that there are other good people here who work behind the scenes every day to make Affiliate Marketing fair for everyone. And that none of this would have been possible if there wasn't an ABW.

lol, and I have learned that Elbowcreek is a domain junky, and Leader doesn't like *work*, and that even a guy with a parrot can win the most vocal award for his BHO commentary. And that nobody does smilies better than Mr. Sal, Chris has some cute kids, and Ssanf makes a mean veggie soup. And so much more about everyone that makes this community a great place to be!

Thanks ABW and happy anniversary!!
    Ebudae

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I think all us affiliate marketers would go crazy without AWB. Haiko, thanks for all you do to keep this forum going and for your generosity of spirit. You've earned a place in heaven, right next to Bill Gates. ;-)

Happy birthday AWB! And many more ...
    And right next to Al Gore. Wasn't he the one that invented the internet.

Thanks for everything Haiko.

Being here helps to keep us from going crazy when the networks try to drive up crazy.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast