Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Exclamation Fly the Friendly Skies...or maybe not!
    Hi All

John selected UA, because they land in Japan and he cram in 20 ciggies before the next connection .... however after this little event he's pondering if maybe Cathy might be a better option... event takes place before the plane even left the ground from Bangkok

http://www.amwso.com/affiliate_blog/...hut-up-and.php

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

wow!!!

Just make sure he doesn't fly "Oceanic Airlines" on the way back - we wouldn't want him to get LOST...
    Ebudae

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    All part of the Fatherland Security Plan

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Ugh! That's awful!! Thankfully we have no need to fly UA....
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

we wouldn't want him to get LOST.
    Oh I don't know, looks like a pretty cool experience, missed the last two episodes though so maybe it's not so nice there any more

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I'd never fly with a US airline again, the flight attendents are so rude. My favourite airline is British Airways, followed by KLM.

Thumbs down
    I'll never fly United again. Last Saturday we experienced United's customer service. First they over-sold the flight and wouldn't issue us a boarding pass. The line at the ticket counter had approximately 150 people traveling to all US destinations and there was one person providing customer service. After losing our flight we get sent to the long line with 5 customer service reps issuing stand-by boarding passes for the next flight available. I understand it is the law that when you get bumped from a flight your seats must be guaranteed for the alternate flight, not stand-by.

Then we go through security and get to the terminal to find out we have very little chance for getting on that flight. The customer service rep then issues receipts (less $100.00 per ticket) to be applied to future flights.

It took the rest of the day to find that United lost our luggage. It probably made it onto the second flight. We finally demanded that they send it to our house. It showed up on our doorstep sometime during the middle of the following night with no notice.
    ~Ernie

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I've found both UA and USAir employees to be somewhat 'stressed' of late. Maybe it has to do with both airlines talking about bankruptcy (as airlines so frequently do). They certainly aren't seeming like happy camper employees which makes for lousy customer service.

I've found some of the most helpful flight attendents and just in dang good moods to be SouthWest. That's probably because SouthWest folks have stock in the company. Of course flying SouthWest is definite budget flying and an experience in and of itself. I also wonder if SouthWest has an internal pool going about who can board and push off from the gateway the fastest. They get serious about the time frame from first boarding call to plane in the air. You'll even get little PA announcements in the cabin along the lines of "Folks we intend to have you in the air in less than 5 minutes" while the plane door is still open. A less than subtle hint for folks to get settled in. LOL. It's rather amusing to watch those flight attendants multi-tasking through the safety spiel too (no video monitors on a SW flight!) Oxygen mask in one hand and closing overhead bins with the other.

Its a sad story but unfortunately the world we live in. Since my wife is a flight attendant (delta/song), I have side with the airlines on this one. NOw I am the 1st one to point out to my wife that ALL AIRLINES have the worst customer service in the world. They are the only industry that I know of that can sale you something they don't have (over sold seats) and just say, 'tough shit' to their customers.. its crazy..
    DOn't get me started.. but customer service aside, security is another story.

Now good customer service would have NO DOUBT avoided the issue on this UA flight but neverless you cannot grab a flight attendant. It's rude to grab anyone you don't know just to get their attention but on a plane its not just rude, its bad protocol and a security risk, one that demands immdiate intervention. Airlines don't get 2nd chances, so they drag people off the plane 1st, ask questions later.. it may seem harsh, but it is necessary. The worst thing that might have happen to this gentleman was he had to catch a later flight.. the WORST THING! The worst thing that could happen to airline employees... we don't really have to discuss this now do we.

Hi Marty

The Flight Attendant put everyone on that plane at risk, she failed to do her job, making every effort to ignore a customer who was asking for help, and if you're paying for something and not getting support then you are going to escalate to a level that gets attention. By failing to do her job and then reacting the way she did, SHE put ALL the passengers at risk, if she doesn't want to help customers than she shouldn't be working in the job she has.

She knew what he wanted and chose to ignore him, how much effort would have been needed to simply say "Sorry can't help you right now, but lets see if we can find some seats once we've taken off."

Cheers

Chris

ALL AIRLINES have the worst customer service in the world.
    Totally disagree, I've been on many Asia based flights where the services is excellent.

I agree that she did a poor job of helping this man.. actually she didn't help him at all. which was poor customer service. To say she put everyone at risk is a bit of a stretch but arguable considering she probably arose some anxiety in other fliers and as we know some anxious fliers can get carried away, causing problems.. I put most of the blame on the flight attendant but that does not excuse the gentleman from grabbing her.... sorry.

Hind sight is of course 20/20 but the next time this gentleman is not getting the attention he needs, hopefully he will seek someone else out vs just grabbing the unwilling attendant.

I haven't flown any Asian airlines.. but do have a friend who flys Japan Airlines out of Hawaii (used to fly with USAir), he does note that they are more customer orriented..
    since my wife flies with Delta/Song we fly for FREE 99% of the time but its always on Delta.. Sinced we are flying for FREE, my mindset is ALWAYS different than the customer who PAID $100s. I get on the plane, get my seat.. I don't bother the flight attendants at all. If i want to swap seats, I ask the person whose seat I want... politely.. 99% the time.. that works. I only swap seats on occassions when I have my kids, as this gentleman was doing. Otherwise, I get in my seat and smile.
    Last edited by martyogelvie; July 12th, 2005 at 10:30 AM.

I'll trade free tickets for service any day

Chris,
    it is a GREAT perk. Before the kiddies arrived we were 1st Class fliers most of the time and we were always going somewhere... Now we have to wait till the twins turn 8, (7 more years) before we get Free 1st Class and our trips are further and further in between. Flying with 3 small ones is just no fun.. and my wife has done without me twice already.. she is braver than me.. but then again, she has to be .. she's a flight attendant.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread