Question Webmerge Question
    I have just purchased web merge and really like it. Its easy to use and very productive. I do have 1 question concerning datafeeds.

Linkshare requires you to update the feed every day, which seems to me could be a problem. I work with 1 linkshare merchants datafeed, they have over 300,000 products. I built a site that displays only about 800 of the products. This was very time consuming working with excel (very easy although). So if i have to update the feed from linkshare on a daily basis, thats mean i have to redownload the feed from server then hunt and peck and remove all the products that i do not want listed in excel every day. To me this seems like a waste of time, Does anyone know how to accomplish this in an easier way?

You'll have to automate it with a script of some kind. It can be done in Excel, if you can nail down some parameters about the products you want to have show up in the final product. This can also be done in PHP, Perl and others (that's a little longer story).

I wouldn't be too concerned about updating a feed every day. In fact, there are ways to help ensure what you have a is at least a little more fresh. For example, you can leave the pricing off any feeds you would like to have sit for a while. Stale pricing is an area that Merchants seem to get the most complaints over.

Just a suggestion. I wish I could be more specific.

Fred

Thanks very much BUy Online, that is a great idea, I will make the price a link (too low to show), so the user has to click over to the merchants site to get current price.

Thank You

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread