RSS, SEO & Syndicating Content
    There are so many products on the market that I know there just HAS to be a solution for this...

I'd like to syndicate my content. I have the RSS Feeds, and what I would like to do is offer an easy solution for others to post the content in those feeds on their own websites.

The absolute easiest way to achieve this is to offer them javascript code (copy & paste) and they just paste the lines of code in their html and it's done. However, there are no SEO benefits when doing it this way...

So what I'd like is a similar solution for others to syndicate the content that *does* have SEO benefits - - both for them and for me. For them it will count as fresh content... for me, quality inbound links. It would also be nice to add a header or footer to the content area that appears on their site that has a link back to my own site.

Obviously if someone uses CaRP or one of the RSS Equalizer type programs, they can do this with no problem. But what I want is a non-technical solution that doesnt require any software investment - and is basically a copy & paste process.

Like javascript - but with the perks

Am I asking too much??
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>
    (<a href="http://clicknewz.blogspot.com">my blog</a>)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Am I asking too much??
    No, there's a way...

I don't know exactly how the technical side works, but I've seen places that offer auto-updating links by having the user call a php script on the provider's server.

I'm sure you could use the same principle to send out content instead of plain links.

I don't know how they set up the backend, but all a user has to do is plop the code onto a page that is php-enabled. Either the page has to have the .php extension, or the user can add lines to their .htaccess file to make it parsable. Once set up, it just runs automagically. And, the output is 100% spiderable.

Remember that if you host the content, all those calls will eat bandwidth. Just something to think about if some articles get more popular than you expected.

for me, quality inbound links.
    Nothing short of pre-authorization can assure that they'll be "quality" inbound links. Expect a lot of low-PR sites with big dreams, too, with a general circulation...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thank you for the detailed reply. That gives me more to search on!

If anyone else knows any specifics, or links I can look at as examples, it would be much appreciated
    <b>Lynn Terry</b>
    (<a href="http://clicknewz.blogspot.com">my blog</a>)

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread