ABW Ambassador
    Angry Allposters Datafeed Contest - What a JOKE
    If you login to allposters.com right now, you'll see the winners and runners up in their affiliate datafeed contest. The point was to build a new site for the contest yeah?

"Build at least one new website with our Datafeed or WebServices and be entered to win. Dont delay - This is a great way to enhance your website, maximize sales, and earn more commission! "

One of the runners up and the Grand Prize Winner's site is at least 1 year old with established pagerank. What kind of sham was this contest anyway?

ABW Ambassador
    Ok.. let me get this straight.. two HONEST affiliates potentially miss out on prizes in this contest because two dishonest affiliates entered and won and this raises ZERO response on ABW? What The..?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamyT
    Ok.. let me get this straight.. two HONEST affiliates potentially miss out on prizes in this contest because two dishonest affiliates entered and won and this raises ZERO response on ABW? What The..?
    It's the thread title...only active AllPosters datafeed affiliates probably looked. And, it didn't say what was "a joke" about it...too open-ended. If you want broad-based reaction, first you must interest everyone--not just those active in AP who use feeds well enough to care about the contest. It helps to mention Fraud or Corruption, too, since those words will rise nearly everyone's ire.

How about, "Corruption Pollutes Datafeed Contest!" ?

That brings up all kinds of curiosity: What corruption? Who's contest?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It's late and I am tired but... I will say the winning site looked very nice.

Didn't check any of them yet to see which ones were the older sites.

It is wrong to have a contest and not abide by the rules!!!
    Ebudae

My bulb is dim... I need a link

Thanks!

Nature

I always prefer more accurate thread names. It makes it easier to find stuff later when searching, and it also makes it easier to determine whether or not I want to read a thread.

As for the contest, could one of these senarios apply to the sites in question? The domain was registered a long time ago, but wasn't built until recently? The domain was built a long time ago, but AllPosters.com wasn't added to it until recently?

As for the lack of an uproar here, I think Leader's right. I doubt many people here have AllPosters.com datafeed sites. If your observations are right, it's certainly an injustice to those who did build new sites.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

so .. why dont you ask allposters for an explaination, to this fraud\cheat\scam\underhandedness\theift \

they should explain it right here, to all who think they have been cheated
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

ABW Ambassador
    I assume they were looking for any sites that were new to using their datafeed...
    Hi, I'm a signature.

I'm an Allposters affiliate and as I understood it, it was open to anyone who used the datafeed on a site that previously didn't have any Allposters content, rather than start a new site from scratch for the sake of the competition. It might have even been sites that DID previously have Allposters content, but were new to the datafeed, I can't recall now.

The competition was open to all affiliates who ADDED a datafeed to their site, whether an existing site (like mine) or a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature
    My bulb is dim... I need a link

Thanks!

Nature
    You have to log into All Posters - then you will see the list of sites that won.

Ebudae

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I always prefer more accurate thread names. It makes it easier to find stuff later when searching, and it also makes it easier to determine whether or not I want to read a thread.
    Amen to that. I know moderators are busy folks, but maybe they could edit them when they stink. Last week, a thread was titled "Do You..." and I wished I could edit that sucka.

Bad titles suck like going off topic... oops...

Sounds like they awarded it to some new datafeed people as a way to get new affiliates (or affiliates promoting their datafeed to do so for the first time) to become active.

Like somebody said - go and ask them the deal. I think it's unfair to assume they did something wrong without the facts in front of us.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cool
    It was a SERP spamming and SEM pissing contest...period. Google/Adwords and the other PPCSEs love these as they prosper from whacking the results from the natural SERPs. Let's have an e-mail contest next time so the BHO's can get fed too.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Good night all
    Last edited by Lectrickitty; July 13th, 2005 at 03:03 AM. Reason: To tired to think, ignore this post...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread