Affilaite links or google adsense ?
    How would you decide the best route to go with your site between putting up affiliate links to merchants or adding a google adsense of say, 5 adverts and letting google pay you per click?

Art

Often, both is the best. Do a split test. Try just affiliate links, just AdSense, and both and see which produces the best total income.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Depends on the type of site and traffic you have. I run both.

Modifying the question a little.. On the "prime space" of your page, would u've affiliate link or google adsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    Depends on the type of site and traffic you have. I run both.
    Jane, wondering if you would go with affiliate-links for low traffic or high traffic?

cheers!
    -nish

It's a risk-reward question, really. You will probably generate revenue more frequently with AdSense, but for merchants that convert well and pay bigger chunks (meaning a good percentage on a high ticket item), you might be better off running the aff links.

I'd say it all depends on what you're peddling, and how saturated the market for your item is.

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    I'd say it all depends on what you're peddling, and how saturated the market for your item is.
    ...and only you can find out.

I had one page last Christmas that was doing really well for sales, so I put up an AdSense unit for a couple of days. AdSense went up 10 fold, affiliate sales halved. The drop was greater than the AdSense rise so I lost the unit pretty quick. I tend to have affiliate sales pages OR AdSense on content pages, it's rare that I'll have both (though on one site I have they are both on most pages). The only way to find out is by trial and error and make sure you pay attention to what's happening!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread