Question 500 Internal Server Error
    This is the first time that I've tried a Cusimano.com Scripts. I'm trying to set up a data feed for Instrument Pro and keep getting a 500 error. The error is - "Invalid command 'merch=instrumentpro&dir=$1&path=$2', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration". I've checked the htaccess file several times and everything seems to be right.

There's another item that might be a bit weird. When I move my htaccess file to the public_html section of my web site it disappears and I can't see it. Is this supposed to happen?

Leeanne

I can't help you with the Cusimano script issue, but your .htaccess file will seem to disappear unless you set your FTP utility to display hidden files. .htaccess and a few similar files are considered to be hidden files.

Here is an article that shows you how to display hidden files with some of the most popular FTP utilities.

Displaying hidden or invisible files with FTP utilities
    There's good, fast and cheap. Pick any two.
    [url=http://www.topranksolutions.com]Phoenix SEO[/url] :: [url=http://www.tech-evangelist.com/category/affiliate-marketing/]Affiliate Marketing Tutorials[/url]

Thanks for the information. I can now see my htaccess file.

Leeanne

Your .htaccess should contain the following four lines:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(shop)(/.*)?$ cgi-bin/dyse/view.pl?merch=instrumentpro&dir=$1&path=$2 [L]

The RewriteRule is one long line.

If you already have a .htaccess file, add these lines to the end of your .htaccess file.

In the 4th line, the word shop indicates the subdirectory where the store shows up at (e.g.: domain.com/shop/). You can change that if you want.

In the .zip file, there is a htaccess-directory.txt file. You can copy/paste the above lines from there to your .htaccess file.

If it still doesn't work, post your .htaccess file or send it to me using the support form.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Thanks Dave.

It was the last line. The example I printed out shows the RewriteRule split after the view.pl? and the next line starting with merch=. I changed it to a single line like you show and it appears to be working. Now I can run my make.pl and get the data feed live.

Leeanne

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Evangelist
    I can't help you with the Cusimano script issue, but your .htaccess file will seem to disappear unless you set your FTP utility to display hidden files. .htaccess and a few similar files are considered to be hidden files.

Here is an article that shows you how to display hidden files with some of the most popular FTP utilities.

Displaying hidden or invisible files with FTP utilities
    Awesome!!! I have been going into my server contol panel and using file manager there, what a pain! Resetting 70-80 sites will be a PITA, but I can do it as I need to.

Thanks for posting this info!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Wow...I've spent a lot of time going in and out of a slow loading control panel file manager to view htaccess.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread