Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My list of affiliate marketing tools and techniques
    Hi, this is my first post here I hope this forum is as good as it looks.
    I am building a list of state of the art services for affiliate marketers.
    Not the boring old ones but recent ones that have popped on the scene.

If anyone has news of any new innovative tools or techniques that I can add to my list let me know.

I know it is usually in a marketers best interest to guard their techniques like a dirty secret but I beleive that if we share them while they're fresh we can test and give feedback. Like Open Source It wouldn't be where it is today if the individuals involved did not let go of their fears and let their precious ideas out the bag.

So I chanllenge you all to reply to this thread with any ideas or tools you have that work for you.

Internet Cowboy
    Hi Real and welcome to ABW
    If you spend some time looking around here you will see that there is tons of information here about AM methods, techniques and ideas.
    You are right that many keep their tricks to themselves but you will also find that lots of members here are very willing to share information and answer specific questions that are posted here.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    One technique I use is to discount the value of first-time poster's posts. It's a real time saver. Because I believe that even the newest members surely knows things that I don't, I look for them to establish their character with meaningful posts that have substance. I like to see new members of my community try and share and give before I reciprocate. If they don't do this, I ignore them. And 9 times out of 10, their silly self-serving single first-time posts are all they ever contribute. So I screen out posers, avoid vague questions and therefore save tons of time.

Point well taken Donuts. Although you spent too much time writing it unless you had it clipboarded somewhere...

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Point well taken Donuts. Although you spent too much time writing it unless you had it clipboarded somewhere...

we have whole days like that, sometimes . . .

by the way, the newest tools are shown usually in the posts at the outsourced program managers forums here.

Yeah I agree - a "challenge" to make me spend my valuable time giving you free ideas when you haven't posted anything of value yet just doesn't turn my crank. I'd rather type in these words just to make me feel better and hopefully you see the light.

I was going to say something like "hey give him a break", until I looked again.

"Please help me build my website" posts aren't going to get you anywhere unless you have a looooong history of helping others. You're on your own until you prove yourself, just like the rest of us were.

phew, tough crowd. Give the new guy a break eh

I have no problem contributing..

One of my favourite tools I've recently added to my list is an Affiliate Commission Exchange. If you haven't used one go to http://www.spinningtornado.com

You'll find I usually only say something on forums when It is worth saying, so please don't judge me on my number of posts.

Thanx Herb ԿԬ for the pointer.

ABW Ambassador
    There's an affiliate marketing tool forum here where you might find some stuff. Don't get the spinning tornado thing, i can just shop thru my own links and get paid commission.

There's been lots of talk about GoldenCan lately. Sounds interesting and quite new, but you need traffic. Search for discussions on this site.
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    There's an affiliate marketing tool forum here where you might find some stuff. Don't get the spinning tornado thing, i can just shop thru my own links and get paid commission.
    Yes you can shop through your own links (with some merchants who allow it) but you wouldn't wan't to go and join all those affiliate programs. With an Affiliate Commission Exchange you make sales through your current referral URLs when you purchase anything from any merchant online.

I used it to purchase my hosting. My exchange partner who is an affiliate of the hosting service, purchase some software through one of my referral URL's. It was a Win-Win Basically It is like getting a subsidy on any purchases I make. I love it.

Thanks for the Affiliate Exchange post Real. Now I feel bad for being so tough on you earlier

That was something new I didn't know of. I am trying to figure out if there's any benefit to the merchants - seems to be a sort of a credit system that only really helps the affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by asr_guy
    Thanks for the Affiliate Exchange post Real. Now I feel bad for being so tough on you earlier
    No problem, I didnt take it personally.

They say there are benefits for merchants too. I guess as a merchant you get listed in their directory, oh and obviously a merchant can put their own url in as if they were an affiliate of themselves.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Pretty sneaky way to get your URL mention in... Now be that creative with Google!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

money. wonderful tool. pay me, and that will definitely do the trick!
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Pretty sneaky way to get your URL mention in... Now be that creative with Google!
    Speaking of sneaky...
    [URL Removed]
    Last edited by MichaelColey; July 12th, 2005 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Removed URL per Donuts' request

The fine aroma of slow roasted spam wafting through my office this morning.

real, welcome to ABestWeb!

Appologies if I am misunderstanding what's going on here. But if you are insinuating that I was attemping to be sneaky and spam this thread you are dead wrong. I simply contributed the url of a tool I like in respoonse to criticism (by the members of this forum) for not contributing first .

That was the whole point of my original post... to get people to list innovative tools and techniques they've recently come across. If people can't share the url of sites (which they have no relation to) without being accused of spamming then how are we ment to learn anything?

Is this how you always greet first time posters?

I wasn't insinuating, I was accusing.

And no, not how I greet first time posters usually. But when a newbie arrives touting an "innovative" tool that runs counter to the essence of most merchant's policies forbidding buying from your own link (or disguising your intentions by registering your brother or some such scheme as the site you pointed out), then I call it as I see it.

As their affiliate, you have entered into a business agreement where you've obligated yourself to promote their products and services, not just find a way to capture commissions. This "tool" you call innovative is the type of thing that gives our community a bad name.

ABW Ambassador
    "most merchant's policies forbidding buying from your own link "

Most don't have a problem, only Amazon comes to mind.

Crapola! The "report bad post" icon doesn't show up on my own posts! My post #16 above contains a url where my computer just caught a buggy-boo.

And too much time has passed - the chance to edit my own post has elapsed.

I'm stuck!

Would someone please click the little yield sign for my post #16 above and request the url be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "most merchant's policies forbidding buying from your own link "

Most don't have a problem, only Amazon comes to mind.
    you too that too far out of context. i'm not saying that most merchant's have the policy, i'm saying the tool is designed to skirt most that do. i should have worded it better.

I removed the link for you, Donuts.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast