Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    CJ Puts SpotLight on Top Affiliates
    ValueClick's Commission Junction affiliate marketing division is expected to launch a new program today to reward top-performing affiliates, and to help its clients recruit those publishers into their programs.
    Full story:
    http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3518906

15 years and counting
    Kellie - Clikz - The company expects to invite about 200 of its more than 70,000 affiliates to join the program
    CJ bought THE LIST and is repacking it. Not fair. Today, if you're not in the top 200, you're nothing.

ABW Ambassador
    There are a few familiar names in there

more than 70,000 affiliates to join the program, including long-time affiliate partners Upromise, Shopping.com, and Mezi Media -- the parent company of Coupon Mountain, Smarter.com and MoreRebates.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    - Inviting ONLY 200. Not a good move.

- Not sure about this view:

"In the past, affiliate marketing had been saddled with a bad reputation because of affiliates' use of unscrupulous techniques"

"Issues that were once considered affiliate issues are now seen as online issues"

It's not in the past, it is still present and it will still be an affiliate issue if some of the affiliates that ARE causing the "online issues" are some of the only ones considered "Top Affiliates". Possibly, the other 69,800 affiliates know who are using "unscrupulous techniques" but the consumers do not know the differences between them or affiliates, however consumers do care what happens on their machines.

Networks do play a major role online with affiliates, merchants and specially the end user "consumers". Creating/stopping some of these "online issues" is the end result of who YOU let in and use of "unscrupulous techniques".

It's up to you when these "online issues" get resolved and when the "unscrupulous techniques" are stopped altogether.

It's time to consider how important the other 69,800 are that actually want to bring value to the millions of shoppers online, not the other way around.

ABW Ambassador
    if some of the affiliates that ARE causing the "online issues" are some of the only ones considered "Top Affiliates".
    Whew! Just letting that sink in 100%

ABW Ambassador
    The full impact is starting to get through, though it has a touch of surrealism to it.

<< trying to dance around saying it outright >>

If I've got it right, it seems that some of those responsible for "internet issues" have gained prominence and profit by means of having employed what's caused those "issues" and are included in the group of the top 200, at least partially. And that by having done so are being rewarded by CJ for having profited by means of having caused the "issues"?

<< /trying to dance around saying it outright >>

Am I close? Getting warm?

For those wanting to apply for this status or read more, go here: www.cj.com/cjperformer
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator!

Internet Cowboy
    If you have a CJ account rep does that mean you are on this list??

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    If you have a CJ account rep does that mean you are on this list??
    Looks like you have to apply for it. There's a link to it on your account page after you log in.

This should help you know if you should apply or not.
    Who should apply to CJ Performer?
    To be eligible to join, a publisher must have at least one CJ Marketplace account and have been paid at least $10,000 in commissions per month for the last three months. This amount is based on aggregate commissions across all BFAST and CJ Marketplace accounts that are linked.

15 years and counting
    Let's see who work ethically within the CJ Marketplace.
    CJ Performer is designed for top-performing publishers who have a proven track record of delivering results, work ethically within the CJ Marketplace and want to expand their affiliate business prospects.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiva
    For those wanting to apply for this status or read more, go here: www.cj.com/cjperformer

they still can't spell manager (account manger) [mangler?]

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    deleted

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Need more coffee....

Eyes playing tricks on me.....

While reading the article I thought it said "This is the latest step in the masturbation of the affiliate industry," instead of "This is the latest step in the maturation of the affiliate industry,"

Actually I guess what I thought it said make just about as much sense as what it does say. *LOL*
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

You know what kills me about parasites? Affiliates put up with it every single day and still promote these merchants.

If this was in real life, NOBODY would take it!

Imagine having a job, and your boss takes money off your paycheque every week and gives it to another employee just because they show up for work every day too. And not only that but they come in AFTER you every single day. Yet someone else always gets a cut of YOUR salary.

I don't see any difference, that's what parasites do to affiliates. Honest affiliates drive traffic to merchants and parasites steal the sale and commission.

And CJ and LS and others promote, condone and ENCOURAGE these tactics. PLUS they REWARD those that steal from others.

I wonder how some people sleep at night...

Catwoman

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    If I've got it right, it seems that some of those responsible for "internet issues" have gained prominence and profit by means of having employed what's caused those "issues" and are included in the group of the top 200, at least partially. And that by having done so are being rewarded by CJ for having profited by means of having caused the "issues"?
    parasitic behaviour is now an internet issue not an affiliate issue.

remember the recent reminder cj put up (and took down) ostensibly to remind affiliates of proper behaviour? if you translate it, that would be like, hey look this our TOS and those people you're calling parasites are not so according to our definitions.

lo and behold, immediately after that reminder, my clickthroughs dropped even with increasing traffic.

coincidence?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    "have been paid at least $10,000 in commissions per month for the last three months."

Good grief ... I'm so far away from this figure, I could cry. Does anyone really make that much from CJ alone in one month?! I must be delusional, thinking I'm making a living online. But ... I make a few bucks more each month so I'll stay with it. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    "But ... I make a few bucks more each month so I'll stay with it. ;-)
    Don't ever change that attitude. That is the attitude that turns you in to a top 200 affiliate, it's just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Don't ever change that attitude. That is the attitude that turns you in to a top 200 affiliate, it's just a matter of time.
    Uncle Scooter, you're a sweetie. Thanks for the encouragement! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    "have been paid at least $10,000 in commissions per month for the last three months."

Good grief ... I'm so far away from this figure, I could cry. Does anyone really make that much from CJ alone in one month?! I must be delusional, thinking I'm making a living online. But ... I make a few bucks more each month so I'll stay with it. ;-)
    At least 200 people do. Probably quite a bit more, actually. Also, it's combined between BeFree and CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    At least 200 people do. Probably quite a bit more, actually. Also, it's combined between BeFree and CJ.
    I make much less with BeFree so those sales are no help. ;-)

To everyone making at least 10 thousand a month on CJ for at least three months ... way to go! Keep it up. I'm very envious but still love knowing those figures are possible.

I would love to see comparisons on traffic, clicks and sales from other affiliates. We'd blow the top off of AF if we compared, I think. I'd be willing to share my stats ... anyone else?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sharing affiliate stats just won't happen. Now a smart network would bite the bullet and publish the networkwide average conversion ratio of each merchant on their roster. Then you can analize the merchants partnerships, creatives and competitors to see why your above or below the published conversion ratio. This passes the blame righteously back upon the quality of affiliate referral traffic they send to those merchants who aren't catering just to Point of Sale attack dogs.

Published merchant conversion ratios forces both merchant and affiliate to seek ways to put more value into every click. Go ahead and deny this fact Mr. Network.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Sharing affiliate stats just won't happen. Now a smart network would bite the bullet and publish the networkwide average conversion ratio of each merchant on their roster. Then you can analize the merchants partnerships, creatives and competitors to see why your above or below the published conversion ratio. This passes the blame righteously back upon the quality of affiliate referral traffic they send to those merchants who aren't catering just to Point of Sale attack dogs.

Published merchant conversion ratios forces both merchant and affiliate to seek ways to put more value into every click. Go ahead and deny this fact Mr. Network.
    Hmmmmmmm ... I would love to know why I send thousands of visitors to one merchant (actually many) and see no sales. I've even been kicked out of a merchant's program for this. LMAO - The AM was kind enough to explain that it was making their ratios look bad in the CJ stats. I thought it was MY responsibility to send traffic, the merchant's to close the sale. My traffic is clean. A merchant link is identified as what it is and what they sell. I just can't understand how so many thousands of my visitors click on a link but don't buy. I would love to know what they're doing on those merchant sites if not buying. Sadly, when I replace the non-producing merchant with another merchant with the same type of product, sales soar. This is what I would love to share with other affiliates. I would be happy to let anyone know which merchants do not perform when I'm sure they should. And I would love to give kudos to the merchants who DO perform. I would love to know from other affiliates which merchants perform well with decent traffic. And if it's MY fault that people are clicking but not buying, I'd love to know why.

Gripe fest over. I'm going to bed. I seem to make the most sales when I'm sleeping anyway. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Off Topic posts moved here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=60614 Thread reopened.
    Last edited by Kellie aka Ms. B; July 13th, 2005 at 09:55 AM.

question for todd
    I see this for CJ Performer: Increased visibility in the CJ Account Manager

When you are part of CJ Performer, do the advertisors have more access to your private data because you are now a top publisher?

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by marketingchex
    I see this for CJ Performer: Increased visibility in the CJ Account Manager

When you are part of CJ Performer, do the advertisors have more access to your private data because you are now a top publisher?
    they probably just get bold type on the list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast