View Poll Results: Do you download Linkshare reports for further analysis?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - The standard reports give me everything I need

6 66.67%
  • Sometimes - I do very limited analysis (please explain)

3 33.33%
  • Yes - I do considerable analysis (please explain)

0 0%
    What Reporting Analysis Do You Do?
    Do you download Linkshare's old reports and perform additional analysis on them? If so, please explain what you do.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I do a very limited amount of additional analysis:

1) I manually calculate EPC (earnings per click) for merchants and/or individual links.

2) I download the Overstock.com Product Success report once every few months and review it to make sure nonmedia items are being commissioned at 7%.

3) If manually enter my monthly earnings into a spreadsheet that I use to track total earnings from all affiliate programs, receivables, etc.

Other than that, the standard reports do everything I need. I look at my Sales & Activity Report MTD, sorted by commissions. I look at the Revenue Report MTD for my larger merchants to make sure their conversion ratios are holding up and that my daily sales numbers are on target to hit my goals.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I periodically calculate merchant EPC and average commission, just to see where to concentrate my efforts. Other than that I just look at a couple of the "old" reports to see how many clicks I have by merchant, how many orders, how much commission. Once in a while I look at the individual item report.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Cool simplest system:
    I just look at the check, then cash it. I'm lucky to get three sales a month.

Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    I periodically calculate merchant EPC and average commission, just to see where to concentrate my efforts. Other than that I just look at a couple of the "old" reports to see how many clicks I have by merchant, how many orders, how much commission. Once in a while I look at the individual item report.
    I just want to clarify that I don't download reports to do this. I have a general sense (as we all do) about conversion and EPC just from reviewing the sales/commission report (frankly I'm not sure what it's called as I'm writing this post). So I have a good feel for the merchants that seem to be working and those that don't. I work with about 30 LS merchants, so it's not hard to know whjo comes up high on daily clicks, yet low on daily sales. So I check things out manually (and quickly) by running a report over a period of time, sorting in descending sequence by clicks, then doing a couple of calculator computations to figure out some EPCs.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I just look at the check, then cash it.
    However, at the most fundamental level, I employ Herb's approach. I look at the check. I think hmmmm, money. And I deposit it.

However, what I hope to do in the future is say, hmmmm, it's deposited.

But that's underway and I have some cautious optimism about it.
    Dennis Duffy

Just check for OSTK standard items classified as media.

I used to compare ty to ly and one month to the next - sales, conversions, comm., and what kind of advertising worked (banner/text/product). But with the new system at LS, I open the check and say -
    Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
    did peter piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?
    If peter piper picked a peck of picked peppers,
    where's the peck of pickled peppers peter piper picked?

Then curse..then head to the bank.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

My Coffee's Cold, Go Figger
    lol. g1

I've never compared this year to last year. My business is totally different than it was 12 months ago, and it always is.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I check traffic/click-thrus vs sales. I should probably do more analysis, but I dislike that sort of thing and enjoy the creative parts of this work more. I hate, with a passion, Synergy Analytics because I liked the old reports. I just want the basics...and most of all, I want DATES.

I compare years occasionally when I'm experiencing dry periods, only to see if it's time of year (vacation, foreign holidays) or if I need to check my search engine stats.

Animal Lover
    Those spinning wheels get on my nerves...dislike it with a passion...

Give me the old payment reports back anytime...

Oscar

The main thing that I want to look at is the monthly earnings per merchant - something the old reports gave me very nicely. I type this into a spreadsheet where I also track my costs so I can get a profit/loss per merchant. This is how I analyze what affiliate to push and which to drop.

I only use the new Synergy Analytics to tell me if a check has been sent my way and for which merchants it's for. I'm still waiting for them to update that report to tell me what timeframe each merchant's payment is for.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread