Does Your Affiliate Program Get Back to You?
    How good is your affiliate program / manager about getting back to you when you send them an email? Is it within 24 hours? 48? Never?

Many of my best merchants respond to my emails within hours, during normal business hours. If there's anything really urgent (which is rare), I call and usually get right through.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMN
    How good is your affiliate program / manager about getting back to you when you send them an email? Is it within 24 hours? 48? Never?
    The minority get back to me at all.

I have many affiliateships but usually don't need information from any of them. The few I ask for anything, 80% or so do get back to me in reasonable time.

but I'm usually asking why they (not necessarily the 80%) are temporarily disabled. No answer = no link anymore.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The few times I have had to contact any, most get back within a few hours or less. Sometimes this surprises me, because I've written a few at 3AM!

I've found that the thornier the issue, the more likely I am to get no response...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The ones that matter most do.

I've found that indies are more responsive than merchants who run their program through a network.

Internet Cowboy
    Some AMs are quick to respond, some are slow, some don't respond at all.
    Amazingly enough, the ones who are quick to respond are the ones who have the best programs that generate the most commissions. I don't think this is a conicidence.

I don't often need to correspond with an AM, but when I do and can't get a response that really burns me up. A good litmus test is to think of a question you have for the AM of a program and e-mail it to them before you spend a lot of time and/or money on their program. If you do not get a reply, chances are you will not be happy with the results of your efforts on their program. I am sure there are exceptions to this, but I have used this test and it is pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Amazingly enough, the ones who are quick to respond are the ones who have the best programs that generate the most commissions. I don't think this is a conicidence.
    Ditto

Though I have sent several emails to one programme I do fairly well with and have never, ever received a reply. My emails have been of a "here's how you can help me do even better" variety, not just grumbles. Not even a courtesy "sod off" reply.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    A good litmus test is to think of a question you have for the AM of a program and e-mail it to them
    Great idea, i've heard of this before I think all affiliates should use it

It's just about relationship, AM's will respond to affiliates whom they think are worth replying.I have been in touch with most of them related to my industry and get a very quick response.

I have sent many emails to the two big networks in the past month and no answers at all. So I am phasing them out. The other one, which was my travel one wouldn't respond either, yet on another thread on this board, someone said they were the best in the business. I got rid of them too. I don't have time waiting to hear from them.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread