Can you recommend an affiliate network company
    This is my very first posting. I'm looking to launch an affiliate program for my company and I'm trying to select an Affiliate Marketing management company. Since the company I choose will have a direct impact on my future affiliates, I'm asking for your opinion on who you prefer - Linkshare, CJ, Shareasale, Performics, etc.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

ABW Ambassador
    You have named 4 Affiliate Networks

Are you looking for a network or for a management company?

Typically, you would use a network like Linkshare, CJ, Shareasale, Performics for sales tracking, among other things, and an Affiliate Manager to manage the program itself, your affiliates, etc.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    What Greg said....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

My apologies. I'm seeking opinions on Affiliate Networks. I used to work for DisneyStore.com and they have partnered w/ Linkshare. I also worked for Cooking.com and they left Linkshare and joined CJ. I'm in the decision making process right now but before I sign the agreement I want your opinion.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh, never mind my [deleted] post about managers then...

As an affiliate, I like CJ and SAS and hate LS. Performics doesn't perform for me, for whatever reason. BF...no thanks, that whole thing is a PITA.

As a merchant I signed up with SAS. Why SAS? They're a well-respected (by affiliates) network, they have what seems to be a decent amount of affiliates, their prices don't seperate new merchants from their arms & legs, and they're not constantly (down)"up"grading. Also the owner still answers questions here--and not with a bunch of lawyerly spin.
    Last edited by Leader; July 11th, 2005 at 04:55 PM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I would say CJ because you can also open up elsewhere if you so choose.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, I forgot about that point Trust just mentioned. If you pick Linksnare they stick you with an exclusivity agreement...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It would really depend on your goals, your category, the size of your company, and how much you could afford. There's no single network that's best for everyone.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    What Michael said. And if you do also need someone to manage your program for you come back and ask that question, but I would suggest not doing management services through the Network (which some Networks offer). IMHO, it's a conflict of interest.

Welcome to the board Family Guy,

It's really a difficult thing to choose from high performing networks, those who are performing well with a single network will recommend you,but at the end of the day, you will not be able to find a one which suits you.

My apologies. I'm seeking opinions on Affiliate Networks. I used to work for DisneyStore.com and they have partnered w/ Linkshare. I also worked for Cooking.com and they left Linkshare and joined CJ. I'm in the decision making process right now but before I sign the agreement I want your opinion
    Since you have worked with a couple of companies, you should be analysing yourself as why disneystore is doing well with LS and why did Cooking left LS and joined CJ.

From this web publisher's point of view; Commission Junction. I am more likely to log in to my CJ account when searching for ads, first, before any other network. I also spend most of my time in my CJ account manager than I do the other networks.

So, if I was an advertiser (merchant) and had to pick one, I would go where the publishers like to go. all this is, of course, imo.
    [B][COLOR=Red]I look forward to Google's demise[/COLOR][/B]
    Look who is suing Google - [URL=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+gets+sued]click here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=google+gets+sued&FORM=MSNH&srch_type=0]here[/URL] and [URL=http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=google+gets+sued&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8]here[/URL]

Thanks Lurker...and thanks everyone else for you input. As is the case w/ anything, nothing is perfect. Generally, there's always someone w/ a good experience and someone w/ a bad experience. What will ultimately make us successful is our ability to react to the affiliate needs. I'm learning lots just reading the various postings.

I like LinkShare for a number of reasons, from small things like being able to sort banners by size to find what I want on up to their stance against bad affiliates.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread