As the Holiday Shopping Season revs up, Bare Necessities is working hard to bring compelling offers to its affiliates in LinkShare. Here are two coupon codes you can offer right now!

15% off orders over $50 at Bare Necessities. Enter code BF34GD on the Shopping Bag page during checkout.
    Offer expires 11/14/2003.

Free Shipping on all U.S. orders over $50 at Bare Necessities. Enter code BF22RH on the Shopping Bag page during checkout.
    Offer expires 11/14/2003.

Text links are available in the Coupon category of our LinkShare Link Inventory.

Questions? Drop me an email!

Gretchen
    973-621-6211 x 5045
    gwahl(at)barenecessities.com

ABW Ambassador
    Why would anyone use the free shipping coupon when there is a 15% off coupon?
    Shipping is $4.95. They would save $7.5 by using the 15% off coupon if they spent $50

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    Why would anyone use the free shipping coupon when there is a 15% off coupon? Shipping is $4.95. They would save $7.5 by using the 15% off coupon if they spent $50<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be a few reasons. First off, they may not realize it's a better deal. Secondly, they may use the free shipping coupon if they think they may have to return the item. If they return the item, they won't lose out on any lost shipping charges. If they used the 10% off coupon, they'd get everything refunded *but* their $4.95 shipping. This is assuming that BN doesn't refund shipping charges.

Trust me. I know these things from experience.

Michael

Just to add to that...

Different shoppers may gravitate toward particular types of offers. We don't want to leave anyone out based on their shopping preferences. Also, some coupon sites have separate sections for coupons that are a percent off of the order versus free shipping. We wanted to supply an offer for both sections.

Gretchen
    973-621-6211 x 5045

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Different shoppers may gravitate toward particular types of offers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not a hybrid offer then? Like 10% off PLUS free shipping. The less a customer has to think about before they enter the shopping cart, the less resistance there is along the way.

------------------------------
    All your SERP's are now belong to us. Shall we sell for you? Or shall we sell for your competitor?
    ------------------------------
    "It's nice to be on the banned book list...or banned from anything...it means people fear you" ~ Fred Conquest

Because 15% off might seem more enticing.

What does it friggin' matter? Just be glad they are providing us coupons.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What does it friggin' matter? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if we try that line on a landlord or utility company we'll soon find out 'what it frikkin matters'.

If your potential customer does not find what matters to them on your site, I want have the angle for them when they get to mine. That is what frikkin matters to me.

The hybrid offer is an interesting idea. I'll need to look into the technical requirements behind implementing such a thing...

Gretchen
    973-621-6211 x 5045

Hello Gretchen,

Do you feature other merchants on your site? We share the same demegraphic and I'm wondering if I can send you info on our affiliate program.

Thanks,

Peggy Prendergast
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Shutterfly
    peggy@shutterfly.com

Hello Gretchen,

Do you feature other merchants on your site? We share the same demographic and I'm wondering if you would be interested in learing about the Shutterfly affiliate program.

Thanks,

Peggy Prendergast
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Shutterfly
    peggy@shutterfly.com

Peggy, I'll send you an email.

Gretchen
    973-621-6211 x 5045

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjshoppingnetwork:
    Why would anyone use the free shipping coupon when there is a 15% off coupon?
    Shipping is $4.95. They would save $7.5 by using the 15% off coupon if they spent $50
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually am quite greedy. I would the free shipping code although it is not as good as the percent off. Free shipping is often enough incentive to cinch the sale... As I don't get a commission on the shipping, I figure that means a greater percentage of the underwear sale for me.

sound thinking

FYI
    I have extended these coupon codes until 11/26/03 (they were originally supposed to expire 11/14/03). All our up-to-date coupon and promotion information is always posted on our Create Links Page in LinkShare.

And about that hybrid offer idea? Watch for news on that just before Thanksgiving...

Gretchen
    973-621-6211 x 5045

Introducing: our first hybrid offer (at least the first one I'm aware of!)

New Coupon Code for Holiday Shopping! Starting 11/26/03:

Free Shipping on U.S. orders over $40 PLUS an additional 5% off! Enter code BW43WD on the Shopping Bag page during checkout. Offer expires 12/11/2003.

Text links are available in our Coupon Category at LinkShare.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gretchen
    973-621-6211 x 5045

New coupon code at Bare Necessities perfect for all the post-holiday shoppers:

The offer:
    Free Standard Shipping on U.S. orders over $75 at Bare Necessities. Enter coupon code BW93ZB at checkout. Expires 1/31/04.

Something to mention...

We recently added Free Shipping DRM text and banner links to our inventory at LinkShare. These will automatically update with each new shipping offer. No more fussing with changing codes and expiration dates.

Happy Holidays! I hope this shopping season was good for you all.

Gretchen
    973-621-6211 x 5045

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread