Affiliate Manager
    Contacting shareasale...
    Hi folks,

This question is for everyone, merchants and affiliates alike. How long is the usual wait to get a response from ShareASale?

Right now, I have sent a couple emails, including a pretty good sized datafeed, and haven't heard anything in response.

Is this normal? What is to be expected in terms of wait times or just quick support emails? I'm very frustrated considering I want to announce a promotion for new affiliates but I can't do anything until that datafeed is posted.

Dave@HomeOfDecor.com
    Affiliate Program Director - www.HomeOfDecor.com - Join our program today!
    Ceiling Fans . Lighting . Fireplace
    Find your statement. Love your home.

Affiliate Manager
    I have always had very good luck with getting a hold of the folks at Shareasale.com. Have you tried calling Michael at the number posted on their site?

Melissa C. Murphy
    www.crazyforbargains.com -- Fun Sleepwear for the Whole Family
    12% Commission | 365 Day Cookie | Data Feed | Coupon Codes | Program Blog
    Join Today!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Is this normal? What is to be expected in terms of wait times or just quick support emails? I'm very frustrated considering I want to announce a promotion for new affiliates but I can't do anything until that datafeed is posted.
    It's a couple of days to get a feed up, and 1-2 days for a general response, from what I've seen. (Plus, they have to process mine first )

Melissa's right, you can get support questions answered by calling, but to do that you have to catch them when they're open~! Who's up THEN? LOL
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Dave,

Usual time for the datafeed updates are 24 business hours or so, with delays often happening on Mondays due to the numbers submitted from Friday and over the weekend. We manually process and review each datafeed (especially the first one from a merchant) in order to ensure that the end product (the datafeed) will be of good use to the affiliates... it isn't as simple as just posting what you sent us up on a site, we are actually converting a lot of what you do to be appropriate for affiliate use, etc... etc...

We do all the feeds at once during the day, and I don't believe that that has been done yet but we are here trying to complete all the weekend stuff so hopefully we'll have yours ready tonight.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for your responses Melissa and Leader, I appreciate it. Don't mean to bump you out-of-line Leader :P.

Brian, I appreciate your response as well. What do you mean 'converting ... for affiliate use'? Is there something that I can do on my end to make my datafeeds better formatted?

I don't know about other merchants starting day 1 with ShareASale, but it might help if once we become an active merchant we were given some sort of manual. That might help avoid concerns (and threads) such as this.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the results!

Dave@HomeOfDecor.com
    Affiliate Program Director - www.HomeOfDecor.com - Join our program today!
    Ceiling Fans . Lighting . Fireplace
    Find your statement. Love your home.

Affiliate Manager
    I think they basically take the data that you send them and convert the links into links with the SAS tracking code.

Melissa C. Murphy
    www.crazyforbargains.com -- Fun Sleepwear for the Whole Family
    12% Commission | 365 Day Cookie | Data Feed | Coupon Codes | Program Blog
    Join Today!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Dave,

I have a sent a few new merchant datafeeds before, it does take a few days because SAS does work on the feeds.

SAS also has a Help Topics link top left hand side http://www.shareasale.com/m-helptopicindex.cfm when you log in that should answer some questions.

You could be right in one suggestion, perhaps SAS can add a line in the Help Topic section under Datafeeds saying, "Please allow a few days for 1st time feeds to be manually processed".

As far as "announcing a promotion for new affiliates" why wait, let them know about it now, and keep them interested the subject ready to ask you for FTP access.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread