Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Didya ever notice the best idea's are in the middle of the night?
    In the middle of the night I have the most marvelous dreams for new sites. I see them completed and they are the best sites I ever built. Then morning comes. When I first wake up they are sharp in my mind, then my eyes open and they become a vague memory... Sometimes I can't remember anything about them other than they were very cool and lost to me forever! I tried keeping a tape recorder on the night stand. Somewhere in the garbled is a great web site.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    LectricKitty, you really need to find a way to remember those flashes of brilliance. My best "middle of the night" ideas have turned into my best producing sites.

Maybe, since we all don't have "real" jobs, you could jump out of bed in the middle of the night and throw a fast one pager together just to keep it fresh in your mind. ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I use my cell phone it has voice memo. It never leaves my side. I feel your pain though.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Internet Cowboy
    I get my best ideas while I am driving. I have been known to get in my car and head down the highway for 30 or 40 miles in order to think something through, then come home and lay it out.

Driving is great for ideas, especially longer excursions.

The cell phone with voice memo is itself a fantastic idea! I was just about to make a post about how in this high tech world we're living in, my second most valuable piece of equipment is a Mead notepad, but after hearing about the voice memo cell phone my world has been changed. Thanks nyfalcon.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I get my best ideas while I am driving. I have been known to get in my car and head down the highway for 30 or 40 miles in order to think something through, then come home and lay it out.
    But, that could be dangerous.

What would happen if while you're daydreaming and driving, a live parasite cross the road in front of you?

ABW Ambassador
    I record my dreams/ideas on dvd and watch them when i wake.

I find that filtering through, and acting on all the ideas (great and small) is a far more challenging prospect than remembering new ones. Forgetting a few might actually be a blessing...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

TrustNo1, now every time I see a post with your name on it, I'll have this image in my head of you. You are about 8' tall, silver metalic coating instead of skin, standing in a corner of the family room next to a entertainment center, plugged in to a DVD recorder.

ABW Ambassador
    I remember seeing a foreign movie and they figured out how to record their dreams and then spent their waking moments watching them over and over again. I think that could slowly drive some people mad. Wouldn't it be interesting tho that when next time you wake up there was a DVD of your previous nights dreams. I've been told many times that i am one of those who talk a lot when they're sleeping and my gf says she asks me question sometimes when i do that. One day I have to record it

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    TrustNo1, now every time I see a post with your name on it, I'll have this image in my head of you. You are about 8' tall, silver metalic coating instead of skin, standing in a corner of the family room next to a entertainment center, plugged in to a DVD recorder.
    Do you meant something like this or this ?

deepestblue - I use a lg vx4500 You can get it cheap nowadays I would bet. One of these days I will breakdown and get a treo 650
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

If only there was some way to do a screenshot for later!
    "Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

ABW Ambassador
    I remember seeing a foreign movie and they figured out how to record their dreams and then spent their waking moments watching them over and over again.
    I saw that one too. Until the End of the World. Very interesting movie. Some people got so caught up in watching ther dreams that they didn't live life.

I usually think of ideas right before I fall off to sleep then refine them when I'm driving.

Some of the worlds greatest inventors got their ideas from dreams Nikola Tesla , the inventor of the radio, neon lights, AC current, practically the modern age used his dreams to come up with some of his inventions.

I always keep a pad and pen handy by my bed and also a tape recorder. If I want to record something in the night, I record it, then play it back first thing when I wake up. That usually helps me recall the idea in better detail.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Anyone dream their doing a brainstorm page update only to wake up and find your in bed ...??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I have a different problem ... have a great idea, I remember it in the morning but after a good sleep I say to myself: now that was a stupid idea! But I usually end up doing it anyway
    [URL=http://www.hesk.com]Help desk software[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    A pen and notepad by the bed would be a good idea. I always thought the best ideas come when one is sitting on the toilet bowl though, so a pen and notepad by in toilet would be a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by c4
    I have a different problem ... have a great idea, I remember it in the morning but after a good sleep I say to myself: now that was a stupid idea! But I usually end up doing it anyway

I had that happen to me today. I thought of a great idea to bomb "the list". After thinking about it all day, I decided it's a lame idea.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Anyone dream their doing a brainstorm page update only to wake up and find your in bed ...??
    Yeah! Entire site updates, even! That's so disheartening, to wake up and realize all that "work" was for nothing...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Lectrickitty
    I had that happen to me today. I thought of a great idea to bomb "the list". After thinking about it all day, I decided it's a lame idea.
    Annoying, isn't it?
    [URL=http://www.hesk.com]Help desk software[/URL]

You mean to tell me you dont keep a pen next to the 3 ply toilet paper I thought that was a must. btw a felt pen works better dont ask me how I know this.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    You mean to tell me you dont keep a pen next to the 3 ply toilet paper I thought that was a must. btw a felt pen works better dont ask me how I know this.

LOL! Cute ... ;-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

If only there was some way to do a screenshot for later!
    I have actually thought of something in the middle of the night that I wanted to remember and reached over to try to click the save button.

That is a definite indication that I am spending waaaay too much time on my computer!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    For a while I had an obsession with building a javascript internal combustion engine modeling program.

While dozing off, I would have visions that are reminicent of the from the CGI sequences from TV shows like "CSI" and "House, MD" where our heros finally figure out what's going on and know exactly how to save the day.

My epiphany was why the full-open phase of a typical family sedan's intake valves happened a full 15 degrees after the piston has started slowing down and why a race cam is 25 degrees late. Think of an empty garden hose...

Then I was turned on to Sleepytime tea. It's like someone reached up and flipped the switch, turning off all brain function after two sips.

Just say NO to sleepytime tea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast