Cool key questions to becoming an affiliate mastr
    Hello, everyone.

I am sure to you internet vets these will be childish questions, but I figured someone should ask.
    Is email the biggest traffic generating method today? and if not, what is?

Is it really possible to earn $10,000 or more per month? Is possible to pull in 30,000 visitors or more per month to a website?

Help provide some key quick aids or tips to answer these questions if you could. There are a lot of people just starting out and they need your help. Besides, I would love to place the answers to these questions on my website to help teach others what I have learned as well. Thanks.

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I'm not an affiliate master by any means, but I think it's very possible to pull in tons of traffic. I'm not sure how to do it or I'd have tons of high traffic sites making me a bundle of $$$$'s.

I have an old site that has been up for several years. I didn't do anything to get traffic, just built it and forgot it. I checked it a few days ago and was surprised to find my front page counter tells me I'm getting around 13,000 hits a month. I don't check the stats and haven't checked on how many of them are repeat/unique hits, but I'm happy to see the counter keep moving.

One thing is for sure, I'll be putting some merchants on that page very soon.

Is it really possible to earn $10,000 or more per month? Is possible to pull in 30,000 visitors or more per month to a website?
    Hi,

Yes to both questions.

I have not been there yet but, if you do a search on ABW for those numbers, you will find many members that have reached those numbers and more.

Sal.

I don't really touch email, but yep to the other questions.

Find the right products/programs for you and market like crazy. "Always be marketing" has become my personal catch phrase.

Learn to market better. You can always improve.

Understand your site. Listen to whatever feedback you can get (logs, friends, family, buying patterns, conversion rates, etc) in order to grasp/grok what other people experience when they land there.

Talk to your AMs. Pick their brains on best practices for their industry. Most of the answers are the same, but there are always a few gems for each new product line.

Talk to your AMs some more. They can help you make more money. Before I was a full-time affiliate, I was heavily involved in building and managing affiliate programs and I can say for certain that I've upped commissions for quite a few affiliates simply because we talked often enough for me to become familiar with them.

Lastly, you get what you put in. Every professional affiliate, making good money, has put in some serious hard work at some point along the way. If you expect to get rich quick, you can expect to get a job...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I did finally get my first sale. Actually, I had a first sale on cj the very first day I set up my affiliate account. But they took the commission away never to be heard of again (I guess, if it's too low for a check to be drawn in that month, they just take it away).

But this commission check I am hoping will come in the mail. It's bigger. And not from cj.

I do market it like you said, keep improving on it. And it shows in my traffic. I had over 60,000 hits last month and will surpass that this month. Also I show up on all the search engines higher than the merchant I am promoting. I still don't understand page rank, as I just know that I am usually always on the first page near the top. That's all I care about really.

But I'm not making a living at it....yet. I am working on it. I promote all the time. My eBay store is what supports me right now.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by katlupe
    I did finally get my first sale. Actually, I had a first sale on cj the very first day I set up my affiliate account. But they took the commission away never to be heard of again (I guess, if it's too low for a check to be drawn in that month, they just take it away).

FYI... If your commission is too small for a check threshold, it will roll over to the next month. You may have encountered a 'reversal' which can be caused by things like returns, or cancelled orders.

Great to hear that your site is ranking higher than your merchants!

My first sale was the biggest single transaction I've ever had... It was last April sometime, and the commission was $99.95. Not sure I've had a transaction higher than $50 since then.

But they keep rolling in!

Good luck, and congrats on your first incoming checks.

<editted for spelling and substandard grammer>

Quote Originally Posted by tsmgroup2
    Is email the biggest traffic generating method today? and if not, what is?

Personally, I wouldn't say email is a good traffic generating tool. It's best used as a customer retention tool. You can use it to keep loyal customers coming back to your site. I think the biggest traffic generating method is simply word of mouth traffic. If you've got something cool enough and effective enough, you can spread it across the net in a matter of days, but this is really tough. Another great way is to use search engines, but that traffic is unreliable and probably won't be consistent until you've been online for a couple years. As long as you focus on the customer and provide a site of true value, you can easily acquire 30k visitors/month. That's a very reasonable goal. The trick is to provide features that don't shout "buy this now". Give people something to bite into and chew. If you do this, you'll have a better shot at word of mouth traffic. People generally don't share sales sites with one another unless they're truely unique and magnificent.

As for 10k/month, it's definitely doable, but it takes a lot of time and patience.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As long as you focus on the customer and provide a site of true value, you can easily acquire 30k visitors/month. That's a very reasonable goal. The trick is to provide features that don't shout "buy this now".
    It's also more than feasible to have a site that absolutely *screams* "BUY THIS NOW" and get 40k visitors/month.
    All that takes is a decent listing in a fairly well-trafficked category of Google.

In other words, there is more than one way to do things.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread