Don't know if I'm allowed to post the merchants name, so I won't but I while checking their site to see why this
    particular merchant wasn't converting,
    I've discovered the answer...I can't find the checkout, or the prices of products.

Pulling their links today, I wonder how many non converting merchants have this same problem.

came across something similar the other day... I went to order a 'special deal' for myself that I'd seen advertised on a merchant's home page.. only to find out that the option cannot be ordered through the website.. but theres that helpful 1-800 number to call... hmmmmm, I think some links need to go

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Haiko...am I allowed to post who the merchant is?
    It may save another member some grief.

MouseJockey, unless you believe in Censorship. Post away. Who is the merchant. I would like to know.

Packy if you can find how to buy something from this website, I'll be very surprised! http://www.uggaustralia.com

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I had a pair of boots in cart but hit back button once I had to leave email addy. Is the problem before or after this???

Lol MouseJockey,

Jeez it sure took some work. First I don't like the entrance. How many visitors new to internet shopping want to go and download a flash just to shop. Then I figured out if I click on some number in the drop down menu it would give me the price and a closer look at the product. But they go and make it a pop-up window and I think another came up when I went to order. If ya miss the pop up your lost. Man thats alot of work for someone to go through though.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

I have IE 5.5, click on a pair of boots, a window pops up, the dropdown menu shows order online or in shop, nothing happens, the only thing that works is the free catalog link.

No chance of getting commiss [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Went and found the number, now how many customers are going figure out you have to click the tiny "number" print!

The other thing is, they are offering, if I remember 9%, but if you go via Zappos you get 15% and the customers don't have any hassle getting to the checkout.
    Don't like the flash either [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Goodbye Ugg, Aussie product or not, if it's too hard for me, sure to be too hard for the average surfer.

Many thanks for the info MJ,

Looks like I'll be removing another aussie merchant... and they whinge about why we don't supporting AU merchants... good grief!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hmm...not sure what the relationship of UGG Australia and Teva (UGG links to Teva and both are CJ merchants). UGG is in Los Angeles, Teva is in Arizona.....hmmm......

MJ,

Sorry I missed the question yesterday ... but you / anyone can post "anything" you want ... and things you don't want ... I'll post (just PM Me).

Haiko
    PS Good Job!

ABW Ambassador
    You know I really liked the site though, but I could see where some people wouldn't even try to figure out how to order. It really looks like they are pushing their catalog more than trying to sell product.

You know though that it is probably unintentional -- the techies don't always think like salesmen, therefor form and function to the designer of the site don't necessarily mean ease of ordering.

Before giving up on 'em, send them an email telling them that you were trying to make a purchase and that you find it extremely difficult and suggest they do something simple like add a "Buy" button or add a note below to instruct visitors how to buy.

I really liked the shoes!!

you haven't got anything to lose -- if they don't respond then drop 'em.

MsMary, I agree!!!

I will email them, good suggestion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I will also inquire why affiliates only receive 9% when dealing with the "flagship" and other shoe merchants sell the same items and pay affiliates 15%, and if I remember correctly 12% at another.

It's a nice site, but the layout is very much "Buyer Beware" and I work too hard to lose sales because the sales and design team didn't confer.

Webby,I too would love to support an AU merchant but,Snooze you lose- in affilate marketing.
    lol! Reality has set back in, not warm and fuzzy today [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    MsMary They are THE most comfortable boots you can wear. I've had a pair for 8 years [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

PS: Thanks Haiko, good know we have a place to air these obstacles to our successes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread