ABW Ambassador
    do people have no bucks?
    In the last 2 weeks I noticed that I only get sales with very little sale amount between $20 to $40. No big sales are comming in for my clothing website.

roland

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    In the last 2 weeks I noticed that I only get sales with very little sale amount between $20 to $40. No big sales are comming in for my clothing website.

roland
    (you get sales!? I don't)
    style change time of the year; time to get the new fall/winter stuff on there. and don't forget the resortwear; winter cruises mean sales of swimsuits, sunglasses, etc.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Deer hunting season generally does not open until September in most parts of the country.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Lately I've been getting NO sales at CJ but last week on one day I had 4 sales all from the same merchant 3 where for the same amount and 1 was for a couple dollars less...all seperate orders all big ticket items from what I can tell.....no sales since....wierd.

I used to get at least a few sales a day
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Summer clothing is lighter and cheaper than winter clothing. Also, people probably keep winter clothing for longer as it's more substantial and so spend more on it. Summer clothing tends to be more ephemeral and fashion-led, so people spend less.

Well, I'd believe that if some-one told me anyway.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Cool
    I think this is CJ-wide, if not industry wide... it's not just your sales that are suffering. I've been talking to AMs and Affiliates alike and since beginning of June, and it seems to be unanimous across the board - or nearly anyhow.

I wonder how many merchants and affiliates are performing with the other networks this past month? There are threads and threads of people griping (more than usual!) about no sales - I've never seen as many complaints about sales tanking as I have in the past month.

However, I put through a NUMBER of test purchases the other day on a number of our affiliate's ID's and all of them tested positive - CJ is tracking as it should be; or so it would seem.

Have faith folks - one way or the other we'll find out soon enough what the issue is. There are too many brilliant minds in this business and too many information mediums and communications sources for us NOT to find out what's REALLY going on.

I just wish we could pinpoint it sooner than later for everyone's sake.

Liz ...

I'm curious. For Rugman, is it that e-commerce sales are down across the board, with affiliate-sourced sales down by a similar percentage? Or, is it that affiliate sales are down.

And if it's affiliate sales only that are down, is it conversion rate or traffic (clicks)?

Thanks.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

There's been a lot of work put in lately, but CJ sales now are up 300% over this time last year and rolling in at the same rate as they were over the holiday season. If this keeps up, the holidays will really be something to celebrate.

Shoes are really booming (and even Zappos returns haven't been to bad), as are home furnishing type products right now.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Hey MB - Good question.

That's a tough call as we happened to be in a state of transition with the launch of our all-new site at the exact same time this phenomenon began to occur with other CJ retailers and Affiliates.

What's interesting, is that we have gotten nothing but fantastic feedback from customers/friends/usability testers on the design and navigation of the new site so that was a bit confusing. The good news is that I've just checked back in with my reports and sales have climbed back up which is great news.

Despite sales having been down for a short time, I have nothing but optimism, since we've taken on some of the top dogs in the business of ecommerce solutions to implement an all new database infrastructure, an all new platform, and as a result, an all new site.

As we continue to ramp up internal search & navigation paired with sleek design and the product our customers have come to know and love, I see nothing but continued success as we move ahead.

So, in answer to your question, sales seemed to be down in general and this seemed to be consistent with what my network of partnered AM's were seeing throughout the time of the occurrence, but we can all rest easy because things seem to be getting back to normal - and I for one, am happy to say so.

Superstar - glad to hear your report on home furnishings and CJ sales in general going back up suddenly. That means that Rugman.com is right on trend as far as the industry goes with our sales suddenly spiking again like they are now.

Anyone else seeing sudden spikes?

Liz ...

Thanks for your feedback. I was just curious to see if you had any facts that could be shared. I've heard comments from a couple of AMs but haven't really been able to get any insight.

I can't really say that I've observed anything mysterious with my business. I see some of the expected seasonality but for the most part, every down period that I see is consistent with slow periods for online and offline sales in general.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

It all depends on what you are selling. If you're dependant on SE's, then you have another factor. I am involved in several industries and I see the stats every day. There's nothing wrong with CJ, Google is doing it's usual thing and affiliate marketing is strong and alive. If you're sales are slowing down, you need to look at your stats (traffic, sales etc.) more in depth.

However I will say that July-August is in general a slower month as people tend to go on vacation and spend less time indoors.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator!

Historically, this is the slowest part of the year (Q2) for most retailers.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

any word on when cj is going to update, its been days...

btw, replaced some of my cj links with some clickbank links and now I'm making sales

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Here is my stab at all of this.....

I think it is the market as a whole....a tremendous amount of window shopping going on....it is a research based market to begin with.....people either clicking to bricking or bricking to clicking......but this is the slow season, remember that...not just online....in the real world too, all business (except seasonal of course) slows down in the summer....it is no Q4 and cannot be compared to it.

Anyway, I dont have time now as I am off to a BBQ (lol)

Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    it looks like there are a bunch of affiliates benefitting though, and if you look at the overall sales figure, they're not noticeable because their increase may have corresponded with the decrease in others.

clickthroughs, it seems, are being redirected elsewhere.

About 3-4 weeks ago Google made some changes that resulted in big changes in various search results which tends to cause huge increases and decreases depending on what side of the coin sites fall on.

Sometimes it is like winning the lottery other times like losing your shirt.

ABW Ambassador
    i was talking about clickthroughs, not traffic.

traffic-wise, i was on the positive side.

traffic steadily increased (no sudden abrupt surge) with direct-access customers coming from bookmarks and domain-typers making up the bulk.

clickthrough-wise was just the opposite. the decrease in clickthroughs was abrupt, coinciding with cj's reminder about parasitic behaviour. was that really a reminder? or was that supposed to legitimize the favorite parasites?

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread