Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Metrics Direct spammed my inbox
    Their new offer came to every email they could scrape from my sites...

Among other things it says:

"Been using Overture™ or Google™ to market online? You’ve been missing a big opportunity. With 20 million loyal users, MetricsDirect delivers customers to your Web site so you get measurably higher performance."

I guess "loyal" is the number of people who are unable to remove the "Zango" (aka "180 solutions") parasite application - Zango is the same company as "Metrics Direct"... that's a strange way to define loyalty...

please post the message
    Do you mind posting a full copy of their message? Also, can you say how many copies you received.

I would like to add your messages to my list of 30 distinct publicly-documented occasions on which 180solutions has recruited partners by unsolicited commercial email.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hello Ben,

These are the 3 emails I received in the past few weeks. If I post all 3 here would be too long because they are all in html with large banners/graphics and I don't want to give them that much credit. Perhaps the same ones as Donuts and others. If you notice they have been sent through to my merchant program emails. I sent you the actual emails. Guess they are just scraping it off the sites again because we sure as heck did not request info and we still do not approve of their business model. (to put it lightly)

Increase your online sales
    Sent on: 7-6-05 11:28pm
    Sent to: affiliates[at]everythingfurniture.com

Can you afford to miss thousands of eager online shoppers looking for your specific products? If not, here’s your chance to bring up to 10,000 new visitors to your site for FREE with this exclusive offer: $150 of free advertising credit from MetricsDirect.

Increase your online traffic and ROI
    Sent on: 6-29-05 1:51am
    Sent to: affiliates[at]everythingofficefurniture.com

Can you afford to miss thousands of eager online shoppers looking for your specific products? If not, here’s your chance to bring up to 9,750 new visitors to your site for FREE with this exclusive offer: $150 of free advertising credit from MetricsDirect.

Get up to $500 search advertising credit
    Sent on: 6-15-05 2:02am
    Sent to: affiliates[at]everythingofficefurniture.com

Can you afford to miss thousands of eager online shoppers looking for your specific products? If not, here’s your chance to bring up to 32,500 new visitors to your site for FREE with this exclusive offer: MetricsDirect will match your deposit up to $500!!!

Should they get one of these if they send me another one.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Considering the usual business model ...spamming the world seems like an improvement in their managements mindset.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by bedelman
    Do you mind posting a full copy of their message? Also, can you say how many copies you received.

I would like to add your messages to my list of 30 distinct publicly-documented occasions on which 180solutions has recruited partners by unsolicited commercial email.
    I received 4 copies.

I will forward you copies of each one via email.

I will post one example copy here shortly.

I will attest that they scraped all 4 emails from my site - none are ever used by me for anything I sign up for - they are things like privacy@, terms@, contact@, copyright@ - the ones they used are all at my site in forms - they found every @ snippet and scraped it - they missed none. This is a heavy ppc site - so I imagine they first scraped google (and others) ads and then crawled my site's pages to scrape these emails. Shoot, they probably clicked through my ppc ad to scrape the domain and cost me money in so doing!

They are looking to grow their ppc biz and they stealing domain names from the competitors running ads and scraping our sites (which violates my posted terms of use there) to SPAM us!

Text from the email they SPAMMED to me:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: Increase your online traffic and ROI

Don’t miss your opportunity to get $150 of FREE search advertising credit.*
    Can you afford to miss thousands of eager online shoppers looking for your specific products? If not, here’s your chance to bring up to 10,000 new visitors to your site for FREE with this exclusive offer: $150 of free advertising credit from MetricsDirect.
    Get the customers you want at the moment they’re searching for you.
    Get $150 of free search advertising credit.
    Been using Overture™ or Google™ to market online? You’ve been missing a big opportunity. With 20 million loyal users, MetricsDirect delivers customers to your Web site so you get measurably higher performance.
    Customers want to find you. Let them.
    Take your online marketing to the next level. Start now
    *Offer is available to qualifying new advertisers only when they sign up and activate a new account. Account must be opened with a minimum deposit of $100. Additionally, advertisers will receive a credit for $150 from MetricsDirect. Limit 1 offer per new advertiser.
    This is an advertisement. If you do not want to receive further emails from MetricsDirect, unsubscribe by clicking here: http://www.metricsdirect.com/about/optout.aspx or send an opt-out request letter to: MetricsDirect, 3600 136th Place SE, Bellevue, WA 98006.
    Last edited by Donuts; July 14th, 2005 at 12:33 PM. Reason: forgot the subject line from the email...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread