Sharing an Idea I have with you all
    I had an idea 2 weeks ago. I figured I would make a start page for my website that was simple just contained some news headlines and google search. I used the google search from the adsense program and a lot of the visitors to my site have been using it.

I have seen an increase of over 1000% in the daily amount I am making with Google Adsense since I started that start page.

Just thought I would share with you guys my experience and maybe others will create similar pages for their users.

Also those new text links are cool also. If you put them on a page with no content and you get a search box. People actually search on it as if they were searching on Google and thats some good money there also.

I've seen some decent revenue with the search function and "text links" from google on a local golf site I run. The site actually sucks, but I do well for some local keywords, so there you have it...

I never used the search until a week ago. well I did have a search box but it was low on the page. Made about 50 dollars a month with it. Now its double that a day

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek

I have seen an increase of over 1000% in the daily amount I am making with Google Adsense since I started that start page.
    Nothing like a 1000% increase... great job.

Yeah I just hope it continues. I hope others who put a similar page up on their site can acomplish the same.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I had an idea 2 weeks ago. I figured I would make a start page for my website that was simple just contained some news headlines and google search. I used the google search from the adsense program and a lot of the visitors to my site have been using it.

I'm redoing a site right now. This could prove interesting.

One thing that was holding me back from using the search more is that once apon a time you could only specify one header graphic if you customized the look and feel, so you could pretty much only use it on one site.

I'm guessing they've fixed that now? I'll have to try.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW Ambassador
    I implemented it last night. :rubbing hands together in anticipation:

pardon my ignorance..

start page? as in index page..

that seems like it would be totally out of theme.. unless of course your site was a news or web search related site..

ABW Ambassador
    By start page, I believe he was referring to the page that automatically loads when you start your browser... This sounds like a good idea, but some things you may want to watch out for as being against Adsense TOS... You can't really call attention to adsense ads, so you probably can't suggest to your members to use the search. You also aren't supposed to have adsense ads or adlinks on pages w/ no content & if the only thing you have on the page is a search box, it would probably fall into that category...
    So, going w/ this idea, what would be some other things to put on the page? Are you keeping w/ the same look & feel of your site? Does the end result resemble a portal type site? What reason are you giving them to set that page as their start page rather than google.com itself?
    Hi, I'm a signature.

I see said the blind man.. good idea..
    I think Hardware geek said he had some news links on it..

Could someone point me to a good resource where I can learn how to make a page that automatically loads? (or simply what these pages are called so I can search) ... Are these pages done with javascript?

Thanks

a page that automatically loads!!
    how do u do that? can u give some example?

Oh man, I just want a page to appear after I think about it... and changes right in front of a visitor to show what they are looking for......

Now what kind of POOP is that?

Poop Meister

Trivum what the heck are you talking about?

I have created a simply start page.. now I just need to convince my newsletter subscribers to set it as their start page..

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by trivum
    Could someone point me to a good resource where I can learn how to make a page that automatically loads? (or simply what these pages are called so I can search) ... Are these pages done with javascript?

Thanks
    I think he is talking about the dynamics of the site (you type in a reply and it automatically shows up).

Trivum... sounds like you've got a lot of learning to do. This is done using databases and a programming language, in this case PHP.

If you want to prevent the page from loading you're going to need an invisible iframe and php/javascript.

I assumed the "start page" that was being talked about was like one of those full page pop ups that you see.

no i created a start page for members of my site to set as their default home page in their browser

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Also those new text links are cool also. If you put them on a page with no content and you get a search box. People actually search on it as if they were searching on Google and thats some good money there also.
    How do you get people to go to a page like that in the first place? I'm assuming that you mean a blank page with nothing but the text ads and a search box...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thanks for the info HardwareGeek. I haven't really tried Google search, but I'm trying it now. I just replaced my Fastclick ads at the top of every page of my site. This site gets around 2500 to 3000 visitors a day, so I've got some high hopes!!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    How do you get people to go to a page like that in the first place? I'm assuming that you mean a blank page with nothing but the text ads and a search box...
    I use it and have some excellent results. The search box comes up when Google can't figure out what a page is about or if the information has no related ads available. These link units have been one of my highest AdSense producers lately. This is mostly useful for content sites though.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I created the start page.. its simple and clean.. i kinda like it.
    I used some javascript so folks can just click and set the start page.

I sent out a newsletter and noted the page near the top of the newsletter.. we'll see if anyone uses.. surely 1 or 2 will..

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread