Question Line break inside text
    Hi,

um using WM for a while. I have the following question:

How to make a linebreak inside a textfield.

When i make <BR> inside the text. WM translate it into HTML code. When i would use raw data, WM wouldn't translate special characters. I'm from Germany we have for example.

Also i have tried to make the results in a list like:

• abc
    • def
    • ghi

But it wouldn't work.

I hope you can help me.

Best Regards

Harald Lukasch

Hi Pangaea

This problem does not exist if the <br> tag is at the end of the lines and if you use an html source editor. The problem exists if you want to add a <br> elsewhere in the text.

All the content of a field must be in the same format so if you want to include a html tag, all the field must be in a format like <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"> and then you can use the "raw" option in the WM tag.

So you'll have to make a search/replace for all your German special car.

> &Auml;
    > &Ouml;
    > &Uuml;

And so on...

I have the same problem with my French language.

You have another way (only if the <br> tag can be added easily latter, this mean if you have some repeated text like a </a> tag and want to replace it with a </a><br>). Take all your sentences in a sheet (IE Excel), delete all the <br> tag, add a <br> tag at the end of each sentence (assuming all sentences are in column A, put in column B =a1&"<br>"). Copy and past in the body of a standard html page. Add the meta <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"> in the header. Ask your website tool (Dream, Golive...) to rewrite the source code. Ok - all special car are replaced. Copy and paste the sentences back in your sheet (IE Excel). Then add the <br> tag where you want.
    Export and use with the "raw" option.

Sorry for my poor English.

Re,

Unable to edit my post so, when I say
    Copy and paste the sentences back in your sheet (IE Excel).
    I mean, display in Wysiwyg mode and then copy and paste the sentences back in your sheet.

Bye

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread