New report in SynergyAnalytics
    Don't know whether anyone has noticed but I just went in to check and saw another report added called "Merchant payment history" which shows a breakdown of which merchants paid what. Also in the "Affiliate payment summary" it now has the check numbers listed. The merchant payment history is not like it used to be in the old reports though where it would show you WHEN a merchant has paid LS. So in fact it is just a replication of the affiliate payment summary.

Of course there is still no sign of a July 8th payment in my reports.

15 years and counting
    This is new:
    Merchant Payment History
    2005 - Jun
    Merchant ID Merchant Name Total Commission Amount Paid

But it's the same report we had with the Affiliate Payment Summary
    Jun - 2005, it's not sorted the same way and there's no total.

With the Affiliate Payment Summary we have a graph, now:
    Total commission amount paid, number of partners, so we'll have to wait for the graphic to load to see our commission.

They are working on it. But they should not. Give us back the old reports and scrap your projet.
    Of course there is still no sign of a July 8th payment in my reports.

Basically it's just another useless report!

15 years and counting
    I can't believe they still don't show when the merchant paid and why we don't have the period.
    We have no way to know if we were paid by all our merchants or not, there's no report to check for late payments, for bonuses, adjustments...
    It is telling us a lot about the low level of understanding of Affiliate Marketing they have at LinkShare. If they didn't have a fat paycheck paid by our work, they will not make it.

ABW Ambassador
    I just want a simple drop down menu of the merchants. I want to click on a merchant. I then want to see how much i made with that merchant broken down by month and next to that if and when payment was made and sent. You know, useful reports and stuff.

As I said in another thread, the new "Merchant Payment Report" is a major fubar. Whoever designed it didn't have a clue and should be fired. It doesn't give us anything that the old Merchant Payment Report had, and doesn't give us anything new that the Affiliate Payment Summary didn't already have.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I can't find any reports by that name in SynergyAnalytics. Is it under Network Transaction Analysis? All I have there is
    Traditional Reports
    Revenue Report
    Product Success Report
    Sales and Activity Report
    Program Level Report
    Individual Item Report

YTD Network Performance Analysis
    Creative Partner Detail Analysis
    Affiliate Payment Summary
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

They pulled it until they straighten things out with it. My contact says it should be back (and working the way the old one did) very quickly.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It's disappeared now!
    This morning I had this:

Traditional Reports:
    Revenue Report
    Product Success Report
    Sales and Activity Report
    Program Level Report
    Individual Item Report

YTD Network Performance Analysis
    Creative Partner Detail Analysis
    Affiliate Payment Summary
    Merchant Payment History

Now the "Merchant Payment History" has gone again! Not that it was much use in any case. I did notice in another thread posted by LS subsequently that there is a problem with this new report so that's probably the reason they have pulled it from the list.

Nothing like wasting 15 minutes of my time trying to find a report that does not exist.

Again, I have suggested this over and over, there needs to be an announcement box at LS log in (and maybe at SynergyAnalytics too the way they are going). A FAQ with a "Current Questions" section would also be great. The bigger and more complicated LS tries to make this the more time I waste and, hey, my time is important.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Even more important would have been a "real" beta test. Any ABW'er could have seen that the report totally missed the mark. It would have saved Linkshare from getting egg on their face.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

LS got egg on their fact because of three reasons...first being it was not a proper Beta test...second they did not have the staff/experience in place to act quickly to fix things...and three they did not have a support system in place to receive and respond to affiliates and merchants. Any one of these might have been forgiven, but doing this while at the same time holding back commissions for up to six weeks was just way out of line. (Yeah, I've said all this before...but let's not all be too quick to forget it when things seem to be going smoother right now).

Okay, speaking of reports I see I have a check in my PO box from Linkshare from July 8th and there is no data at SynergyAnalytics to justify it. None! Frankly, that is the only thing I use SynAnal (sorry, my pet name for it) and now even it does not work. (NOTE: found this at a different post and have to say again, this should have been emailed to me, not posted here, as I check email all day and miss lots here at ABW: We mailed checks on Tuesday 7/12, yet the payment information for those checks is not currently loaded into the Affiliate Payment Summary. We are working to resolve this. As soon as we have an ETA for the fix, we’ll make it known.)

Unrelated, finally realized yesterday I have been doing one thing wrong that I never realized. I was trying to look at a different quarter than current and when I selected the proper peroid from the drop down box and hit the GO button on the right of that tables box, the data on the new screen was unchanged. Seems there are three GO buttons in that table box and you have to be sure to pick the correct one. I suggest LS just put one GO button on that line as this is way too confusing.

Okay, while I'm at it, under

Payment
    Status
    Date Payment
    Status
    Name Current
    Status
    6/20/2005 approved No
    6/20/2005 authorized No
    6/20/2005 issued No

LS should not put up reports on SynAnal that don't obviously work.

LS SHOULD provide instructions on each screen as nothing at SynAnal is intuitive.

Oh, however I like this one. Check not approved or issued, but it has cleared. LOL

5/25/2005 authorized No
    5/27/2005 issued No
    6/28/2005 cleared Yes

If this really is a beta program, then there should be a list of "Known Problems" at the first screen. We seasoned pros have come to learn to accept this kind of reporting problems at LS but what about the poor newbie who has no idea what the heck is going on?
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; July 15th, 2005 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Found additional info on subject
    7 Days A Week Marketing

They're supposed to be getting really close to re-releasing the Merchant Payment History report.

I had a good talk with my contact today. They're wanting to provide training. My point was exactly the one Ron just made. Don't provide training. Just make the reports simple and intuitive. If they provide some advanced functionality, training is good. But don't substitute training for a good, intuitive design.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Even worse, the new reports don't seem to work.

July checks have different dates than the june checks, but they are for the same amounts for the same merchants. Short story, the July numbers are just plain wrong.

Yes, they do finally have it up today but it is still not fixed.

For May commission paid on July 8, I show the following:

7/7/2005 authorized No (NO?)
    7/8/2005 approved No (Again, NO?)
    issued Yes (Yep, came in the mail)

Checking the figures in SynergyAnalytics they in no way match the commissions I show for May.

Oh, they did get the check number right! Gotta give them credit for that I guess.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

For the Yes/No flag next to authorized/approved/issued, I think it's just showing whether or not that's the current status. It's always the last one that's flagged "Yes". I'm not sure why they even have that column.

Are you saying that the commissions for individual merchants don't match the earnings for those merchants? Keep in mind that it doesn't include all merchants (just the ones who paid) and it's not necessarily May. Click the check number to see the detail of which merchants and invoice periods are covered. (I had one merchant who had both an April and May payment in the latest check. They must have paid both invoices in the timeframe for this batch.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

15 years and counting
    You can give them credit for being the biggest screwy company.
    The status for my last 2 checks is as follow:
    Payment Status Date Payment Status Name Current Status

6/20/2005 approved No authorized No issued No

7/14/2005 cleared Yes

My 6/20/2005 check was in my bank account just a few days after the 20 and cleared
    My 7/14/2005 check is still in my hand

At this level of incompetence what the're doing is criminal.

Michael,

Yes, I only had a few merchants on that check so it was very easy to go back and look at May (which is what Synergy Analytics says that check is for). The numbers for every one of those three merchants is was way off.

[Linkshare staff reading this...don't call me asking for details like you did a few weeks back....you can look this all up as easily as I can]
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; July 16th, 2005 at 12:50 AM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    The numbers for many of my merchants are way off, too. Some of them have paid in March or before and I don't see it in my reports, 6 months later. Time to call them again and rise hell. Their accounting must be as messy as their reports

I think you're misunderstanding the report (which is easy to do). Your 6/20/05 check probably says the same thing mine does:

Columns: Payment Status Date, Payment Status Name, Current Status

6/20/2005 approved No
    6/20/2005 authorized No
    6/20/2005 issued No
    7/14/2005 cleared Yes

It's just talking about that one check. It went from approved to authorized to issued on 6/20, they marked it as cleared on 7/14, and that's the current status.

They're not talking about a 7/14 check. It's still the 6/20 check. 7/14 is when they marked it as cleared.

It probably cleared a couple weeks before that, but they probably only mark checks as cleared once a month (like you or I do when we reconcile our bank accounts).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

15 years and counting
    You're right.
    It's related only to the 6/20/2005 check.
    6/20/2005 approved No authorized No issued No
    7/14/2005 cleared Yes

6/20/2005 approved No authorized No issued No (it should stay on YES, why do they have to switch it from Yes, to no) It was approved, it was authorized, it was issued)
    My mistake. Clicks after clicks, I'm getting confused. To don't see the right figures don't help.

That last column is "Current Status". Since the current status is "cleared", that's the only one that says "Yes". The others, which are old statuses, all say "No". I'm not sure why that column is even there. It just creates confusion.

When you click the "Check Number" instead of the "Payment Number", it'll show a breakdown of the merchants and invoice periods that the merchants are paying for. Is it those numbers that you're not able to match up?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Yep, that is what I looked at and that is what does not jive.

Obviously, since I'm not raising heck, the check was much more than what was reported. Good thing!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    That's in the Affiliate Merchant Payment Detail for the last check number 7/8/2005.
    1- The "Total Commission Amount" for many merchants doesn't match my earning.
    2- I've many merchants (in LinkShare payment system) missing.
    3- The total amount of commissions paid by my merchants (in LinkShare payment system) from March to July doesn't match my checks.

I'm paid for merchants under the threshold level but I really don't care for these few cents.
    I can't see the payment reports for my merchants not using LinkShare payment system.

Keep in mind that the earnings in a month won't quite match with the invoice amount for a month For most merchants, most of the transactions on the last day of the month get carried into the next month. You used to be able to see that a lot clearer in the old Payment reports, because when you drilled down on the detail you could see some sales for the last day of the month before last and that the last day of the previous month was low. For instance, if you did $1000 per day in sales, the July invoice might show $800 for 6/30, $1000 per day for 7/1 through 7/30, and $200 for 7/31.

Use the "hack" for getting March, April, May, and June Payment Reports through the old reporting system if you want to see the invoice amounts.

Merchants only show up in the new payment reports once they pay. Anything outstanding doesn't show up anywhere yet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread