Teoma Wins
    I built a new site Monday and put a link to it on one of my old sites.
    Google and Yahoo have the front page indexed. Teoma has the entire site indexed and MSN shows no trace.

ABW Ambassador
    Teoma is one of the best/most relevant search engines out there. Too bad no one uses them. MSN should have bought them instead of Ask Jeeves, and used them to power their MSN Search.

Teoma/Ask are definitely quicker at indexing pages, and getting that data into the search results -- since I created several thousand new pages a few weeks ago, Teoma has aggressively traced my pages, and appears to have indexed nearly my entire site, while Google was just grabbing index pages. Msnbot has also been somewhat active, indexing a few hundred pages on some days and just a few on other days. Yesterday, finally, Googlebot began indexing a few hundred individual pages, but it certainly is way behind.

Alas, AskJeeves/Teoma is very aggressive in putting paid search results first, so that unpaid results are buried below the fold. Despite this, I am seeing "multiple" clickthroughs per day from their users on some of my pages.

TrustNo1. How did you rank and how many listings were there for your search word?

Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    TrustNo1. How did you rank and how many listings were there for your search word?
    I don't understand how your comment/question fits into this thread. Perhaps you are suggesting that being "indexed" doesn't matter if your site only shows up on the fifth page of search results under any relevant keywords? Sure, but the threshhold is always getting indexed in the first place.

I thought the point being discussed here in this thread was that Google has been dragging in its indexing lately, compared to Teoma and sometimes even compared to MSN, so that Google's results are sometimes stale. And of course, we all wish Google would index our entire sites within a few hours after we create or update (or at least re-submit) each site.

On the other hand, if someone offered me a choice between being ranked #1 on Teoma or #4 on Google for the same keyword, I'd probably choose Google every time because of the huge volume of traffic. And I do expect that eventually, Google will index all of my pages, and drive traffic to my site, though my hunch is that Google will probably rank my site lower in its results than Teoma is currently doing, for the search terms I'm testing.

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't understand the question either

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread