Adsense search versus ads
    When the adsense search function first appeared, my first thought was that it would not be as good for earnings as normal ads. Is this still the case? Anyone have feedback on how the search function is doing against the normal ads (text of image)?

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate Ian
    When the adsense search function first appeared, my first thought was that it would not be as good for earnings as normal ads. Is this still the case? Anyone have feedback on how the search function is doing against the normal ads (text of image)?
    I run both, sometimes on the same page, but for a reason.

I have the adsense search aim at the site it's on first, then to a second, similar site (where I have less control), then to the Net. I use it on a site where navigation is necessarily a problem, so the visitor has more chances on finding a particular item.

So visitors who know what a search box is can use it. The "impaired" get to the bottom of a long page, see the adsense ads, and then make up their mind as to which way to go.

I find per-click amounts are generally quite smaller on searches, but there are some surprises. I'm not worried as to which pays off better in this case, as each serves it's own function.

Thanks for the reply herb. Interesting thought, offering an added sevice to your visitors, nice!

Now, as for this "I find per-click amounts are generally quite smaller on searches":

The cost per click may be smaller but how about the volume and conversion rates? Would that be big enough to offset the lower CPC? Or are we talking about too much info here

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread