Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager
    Great new programs from Intrigue
    Hello everybody,

I just wanted everybody to know that Intrigue has now fully entered the SAS community and has recently launched its Web Detective Partner program and Lottery Vault Partner program. This move will compliment our great PC Powerscan Partner program. If you want to learn more about what the Web Detective has to offer, go to www.web-detective.com/index1.html. For Lottery VAult go to www.lotteryvault.com and PCPowerscan www.pcpowerscan.com.

Thanks for listening,

Randy Norton
    Intrigue
    AIM = RandyIntrigue

Was just reading about Web Detective and it looks like a winner. Was going to pass on it though, as it was listed as a CJ program, but now I see that you have chosen a reliable way to track affiliate sales (Shareasale) as well, so I'll get right on it.

Cookie Duration = 0 Days

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Cookie Duration = 0 Days

Never mind.

Yep, a show stopper for me too.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

Internet Cowboy
    45 day cookie on CJ and zero day cookie on SAS. This is either a mistake or they are catering to parasites. My bet is that it is a mistake.

Tracking Gap mistake
    Uncle Cookie you are right in saying that it was a mistake. Beleive me we are not catering to parasites rather that is what the SAS support told me to set it at. I am working now to get that changed for both our Web Detective and Lottery Vault programs. My apologies. Until that is fixed, Chocolate_Chicken, I wanted to let you know that we do have the same offer available through MyAP's Kolimbo network. You sounded interested so I thought I would let you know that there is a viable alternative to SAS.

Thanks for letting me know of the error and I will let everyone know when it has been fixed.

Randy

ABW Ambassador
    With your program in 3 places - how do you handle multiple cookies by the various networks? Do you batch, do chargebacks, or just pay?

the same offer available through MyAP's Kolimbo network. You sounded interested so I thought I would let you know that there is a viable alternative to SAS.
    Just to clarify - SAS is as reliable as can be, IMO. I meant as an alternative to CompunctionMission or whatever it is.

Anyway, will anxiously await reply to Chet's question.

Let's say a CJ cookie is already set on a users machine by one affiliate. The customer sees your ad again on Chet's site, and clicks through Chet's Shareasale link, and bookmarks your site while he/she mulls the decision to buy. Later the customer returns to your site to make a purchase. The sale should be tracked by both CJ and Shareasale simultaneously as cookies are set on the user's computer for both networks. Of course the commission belongs to Chet, as he is last referrer, but how does that get handled in this scenario of a veritable minefield of cookies?

Pixel question answered
    This is the response that I have received when I posed the pixel question to him:

"Whenever anyone clicks a link to one of our sites, it should set the "affiliate" or "kbid" cookie. It is this cookie that is used to determine which affiliate pixel to show on the order confirmation page. It is not possible to show two different affiliate pixels (like CJ and shareasale as below), and therefore it will not track the sale on both networks, just one. The pixel that gets shown is determined by the last affiliate clicked through (and hence setting the affiliate/kbid cookie). So, in the example below, the shareasale pixel would be shown, as it was the last affiliate clicked through."

That explanation makes sense to me and should go a long way to answering your questions Chetf and Choclate_Chicken. With that in mind you can feel totally free in applying to any of our programs through any of our affiliate networks.

Randy

ABW Ambassador
    I used to promote Web Detective in the past, but discovered that you had 180solutions as an affiliate, when I brought this to your attention you insisted on keeping them as an affiliate. I had Jeff from Kowabunga email you with more information on 180solutions. Have you since dropped your association with 180solutions?

ABW Ambassador
    I have tested Zango and do not get the popup from Zango anymore with their own
    affiliate site. However, I have gotten a popup from a Clickbank affiliate popping up
    with their affiliate site.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like I was wrong, after more testing I just got a popup from Zango with the
    affiliate id 1011 through Kowabunga's program. When I had notified you about this,
    you had told me that this affiliate was 180solutions themselves.
    The popups don't seem to pop up as often as they used to, but after testing
    your site several times I did get the popup.

ABW Ambassador
    Clickbank affiliates are notorious for using 180Solutions Zango Search Assistant. I just
    went to your Web Detective site again and got a popup through Zango for Instant
    Detective from another Clickbank affiliate.

ABW Ambassador
    Can't seem to get anymore popups lately, will do some more testing later.

ABW Ambassador
    Done a little more testing today, and I definitely do not get the popups at the
    frequency that I used to in the past. Haven't been able to get the popup with
    180's affiliate site with the id 1011 again, but I did get a popup today through Zango
    for Advanced Detective with another Clickbank affiliates site.

180 stance?
    Waybar,

What is your stance on 180 Solutions then? I see that you are not getting the pops that you used to in the past regarding our Web Detective product so I am unsure as to where you are at.

Randy

ABW Ambassador
    I did get a pop yesterday with their affiliate site. In the past I used to get a lot more pops from 180 than
    I have been getting lately. I have pretty much the same stance about 180 as any
    other affiliate on this forum. You only need to do a search for them on this forum and
    you will see what affiliates think of them.

ABW Ambassador
    Here would be a good place to start:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173

But since I did get the popup yesterday with their id 1011, I assume you still have
    them as an affiliate. Correct me if I am wrong.

180 Solutions status
    Yes 180 Solutions is still an active partner of ours, but we have severely scaled back operations with them in the past months. I have no problem with ceasing operations with them entirely, but I would like to get a better idea on how we could replace those sales. Waybar, or anybody else that is reading this thread for that matter, would you promote our Web Detective to your visitors and thereby help us to replace the sales that we currently see with 180 Solutions? You can either join it through CJ, SAS or Kolimbo. Obviously it would be our choice for you to join through Kolimbo since we don't pay extra commission charges, but ultimately that is up to you. Send me an email, randy@intriguelearning.com, and I will set anyone up with the highest rate that I can possibly give you as a show of faith.

As a company we want to run as ethical of a company as possible, but understandably we still need to generate enough money to pay our staff.

Randy

ABW Ambassador
    180 did not earn the sales that you are getting from them. They do no advertising and
    have no traffic of their own. They simply get their parasitic software on others
    computers, and when me or another affiliate pays for advertising and the visitor goes
    to your site, if they have this software on their computer, 180 pops up your exact
    same site with their affiliate code and steal the sale from the rightful affiliate. They
    steal other affiliates traffic and steal the sale. They never deserved the commission
    in the first place.

I understand
    Waybar (and others) I can totally understand your frustration with a company if they are in the supposed business of stealing commissions from great affiliates like yourself. It is not right for anyone to steal the revenue that you have worked so hard to generate. What I just wanted to know is that if we are to remove them from our Web Detective program would great affiliates like yourself (and others) sign up to promote our product? If the answer to that is yes then I will talk to the rest of our team, outline your position and see what we can do with respect to our partnership with 180. As I said before, we really don't do a lot of business with them anymore so all it would really take would be one or two high revenue generating affiliates to join our program. What do you think?

Randy

ABW Ambassador
    After having three or four conversations with your company about this
    last year via telephone, and after having Jeff from Kowabunga sending you more
    information on 180, and you still insisting on keeping them at the time, no
    I am not interested in promoting your product.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy-Intrigue
    Yes 180 Solutions is still an active partner of ours, but we have severely scaled back operations with them in the past months.
    Why such severe cutbacks if they're an acceptable partner?
    Last edited by Donuts; July 20th, 2005 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

As a company we want to run as ethical of a company as possible, but understandably we still need to generate enough money to pay our staff.
    This is a sign for all to read and heed.

It says, if we feel that we really need your money, we'll take it.

This is absurd.

Waybar (and others) I can totally understand your frustration with a company if they are in the supposed business of stealing commissions from great affiliates like yourself. It is not right for anyone to steal the revenue that you have worked so hard to generate. What I just wanted to know is that if we are to remove them from our Web Detective program would great affiliates like yourself (and others) sign up to promote our product? If the answer to that is yes then I will talk to the rest of our team, outline your position and see what we can do with respect to our partnership with 180. As I said before, we really don't do a lot of business with them anymore so all it would really take would be one or two high revenue generating affiliates to join our program. What do you think?
    Randy
    Your fiance' says "if you marry me, I stop sleeping with that other scoundrel"

Make you want to buy her a ring? or run?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast