Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions - "New Software Application"
    Received this today in my e-mail... seems like they snuck into the program because they have no reference to Special Incentives or Software, etc. in their publisher description.

Sounds VERY suspicious to me....

Paul

------------------------------------------------------

Hello from (name removed) of ®Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions.
    We are writing to the Affiliate Department of your company
    to let you know of our most recent software development
    that we here at CFF (®Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions) have
    developed for all of our Affiliate Associates with CJ (Commission Junction).

This message is being sent out to all companies that are listed in the program at the current version of the software release.

Information on the Affiliate Software:
    Name: HSBs – Home Shopping Browser Software.
    Information is located at the bottom of the page here:
    (removed)
    Download page is located here:
    (removed)

Content of Affiliate Software:
    The program is a Web Browser program.
    It consists of Menu’s that are categorized for different products that our Affiliate carries on their site and in their stores.

The idea behind the Affiliate Software:
    Since signing up with each of your stores we decided that we did not want to waste time on designing a web site to host all of our Affiliates products, but to instead, to design a software interface that people can download to their computer and use to browse all of the products that your stores and sites have to offer.

Thus given the End-User the freedom to browse as many categories as they shall choose, without the worry or the headache of being involved in another web site that redirects them to another web site.

Through the planning of the HSBs we have designed the perfect software that we believe that could become the end-users main software installed on their computer.
    Given way to a more exciting shopping experience from all of the companies products.
    And with the software hosting all the links instead of a web page interface, the end-user is more out to purchase something through the sites, then ever before.
    Given them total freedom over their selection, and increasing the revenue that is made online for each of the companies that are hosted in the program.

This software is made for the end-user.
    We have designed it to were nearly 95% of the computers users will be able to use the program without any issues and lack of knowledge due to some over developed product that seems to cater to only the most experienced of users.

We have set forth to bring a product to the masses that will help not only the companies that are represented in the software, but that will also help the customer to feel safe that they are not going to make any bad choices due to a loaded web site that is harder to understand and navigate through then than the HSBs program’s interface of ease.

One of the best features of this program we are pleased to announce, Is that it is a FREE program to the public and to the companies of who’s sites are represented so nicely in the program.

Since we here at CFF make our monies on products that are purchased through the affiliation sponsorship of CJ, we do not see a need in selling the product to someone so that they can turn around and spend more money purchasing the products from the listed companies.

Feel safe to know, that the software will continue to be updated nearly every week, with more products and more features added to the software to make the end-user that much out to continue using the program without the software becoming dull of the same old products.

What we ask of the companies that this message is sent to is the following:

We ask that if you update your site with new products, to please have a link created with CJ that points to the new product page. We also ask that you contact us so that we can then update the software with the new information.

If for any reason the products that you have listed with CJ at the present time or in the future become unavailable, too please inform us of the discontinued links, so that they can be removed from the software as well.

If your company would like to host a link to the software for your customers, please contact us for the Link Banner information.
    We will have the page set up by the end of today.

Please feel free to contact us at any time and by all means, download the software and have a look at your site and the products that we have listed from your company.

If you see that we have not covered enough of your products we ask that you let us know what products you would like to have added to the program under your companies options, and then to have the links (or) better to have a [Search Box] created with CJ so that we will be able to fully search and add in as many products as you may have listed on your companies site.

Some sites are listed in more than just a single category.
    So please take a look at all the categories that are listed in the software to make sure that you are listed where you should be.

For any further inquiries on the program please contact us by hitting the [Reply] button for the message, or by sending an e-mail too:
    (removed) with the subject: HSBs & CJ Affiliate

Thank you for your time and thank you for accepting us as a Affiliate for your site and products with CJ.

Sincerely yours:
    (name removed)
    ®Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions

Internet Cowboy
    Yep. Somebody has a shiny new BHO.

I confronted the publisher about the software, and they replied that it is not a BHO or spyware-type product.... that the only way to access the merchants products is by accessing the software.

Like a CD catalogue, or downloadable catalogue vs. an online catalogue.

It's starting to sound like it may not be a parasitic program, but I've asked for confirmation of how it interacts with a user's browsing activities, searches, etc.

I'll keep you updated....

Paul

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Paul,

You've asked *who* how it interacts end users browsing, etc?

I did, and this was their reply...

--------------------------------------

The Program how nothing to do with Google (or) MSN Search queries.

The software is not a Bundled Spyware/Adware Program.
    This program is designed for the Home Shopper in mind.
    If you take a look at the program, it is nothing more that
    Just like Internet Explorer, and there is no catches in the program.

---------------------------------------

I'm going to download the program and see for myself... will report back shortly.

If it is self-contained (does not react to browsing or searching), then I might have to retract my earlier statements.

Paul

Well, based on my initial download... it looks like a "site in a program" application, no BHO, no automatic completion, no redirects, no pop-ups on other sites.

The only thing I can't tell (for sure) is if they do any kind of cookie-stuffing, but they claim not to....

Not sure, yet.

Paul

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Self contained does not mean it may not interact with browsing. Give it a bit also. Sometimes it takes a bit for programs to propogate the data fully.

Shall do...

Internet Cowboy
    If they have the ability to 'update' it remotely, it is a BHO and will end up hurling popups and overwriting cookies.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    "This program is designed for the Home Shopper in mind."

I have smelled these feet before...

Hello. I am the marketing advisor for: ®Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions.
    I would like to respond to some of the post here if I may.

This program is by no means a downloader, maleware, spyware, adware, and parasite of any kind. The program is designed around ®Internet Explorer Technology and uses the following information from ®Internet Explorer.
    Temporary Internet Files for: Cookies, images, files.
    The cookies that are used are only the cookies that the site you are visiting through the program puts on your computer.
    Example: You visit Amazon.com through IE, it will add a cookie, the same thing with the HSBs, when you visit this site it will add a cookie to your Temporary Internet Files.
    These cookies are not: Trackers (or) leaches. The cookies are specifically used by the merchant to let them know that you came from the HSBs to brows & purchase something from their site.

We here at ®Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions know what it is like to have crap installed on our computers just like everyone else does. And these programs are something that “we” as individuals and as a company will not have on our computers, so we will not make something like them to have installed on other peoples computers.
    You can rest assure that the program is 100% safe, and does not have anything involved in it that may cause harm to your computer.

The companies that are listed in the HSBs are pleased with the program and are very proud to be a part of the program.
    Avon.com, which is the largest distributor of female and male products, spoke to us over the phone right after Thanksgiving. They are very pleased with the program and how we have them listed in it. And are really exited by our enthusiasm and our ability to get the program to the people in the way that we have.

We are in the works of getting Television Air time for the HSBs program as well.
    From not only our local stations in N.C. USA and also in contacts with Oprah Winfrey to have her to test out our program and maybe mention it on her show as well.

The HSBs program is in our dreams. The program that is going to revolutionize the Home Internet Shopping Industry. We are working hard every day to make our program the best software that it can be, and with our Affiliated Partners, we are sure that this program will become something that we are sure that even the most skeptical computer user will enjoy having on his/her computer.

Thank you all for your post prior to our post. And we hope that you will take the time to download our software and see for your self, that it is not what you think that it is.

Marketing Supervisor
    ®Carrz-Fox-Fire Promotions - http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com
    HSBs - Home Shopping Made Easy -http://hsbs.carrz-fox-fire.com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    The idea behind the Affiliate Software:
    Since signing up with each of your stores we decided that we did not want to waste time on designing a web site to host all of our Affiliates products, but to instead, to design a software interface that people can download to their computer and use to browse all of the products that your stores and sites have to offer.
    Has CJ approved you under their PSA as being special?

~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.carrz-fox-fire.com/Privacy.asp
    you left off your phone number...
    and your policy says it should be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    your site says you're a Microsoft Certified Partner here:
    http://support.carrz-fox-fire.com/

and sure enough, here's your listing:
    http://directory.microsoft.com/mprd/...9-0019703cd590

that address says it's sloan welding and crane service, but i saw mr. sloan recently passed. you guys built some new offices in that spot? good for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Avon.com, which is the largest distributor of female and male products, spoke to us over the phone right after Thanksgiving. They are very pleased with the program and how we have them listed in it. And are really exited by our enthusiasm and our ability to get the program to the people in the way that we have.
    You should do a joint press release! I look forward to seeing it.

We do not have our Phone Listed on the Privacy site, and have removed
    The references to such. (We could not keep up with the HOAX calls, so we
    Removed the Phone #, and forgot to remove the Wording of such)
    ------------------
    CJ Specialty Program.
    We have contacted them regarding this, and they feel that we at the moment do not need to be in this area.
    ------------------
    Sloan Welding Service.
    No, we did not acquire their building(s) or property.
    My mother was married to the Owner of the Company,
    The one who died?
    We used their address for business purposes, due to myself being on
    The road constantly, and the other employs had no access to Microsoft Information.
    We are waiting for the information on the Address Change to take effect.
    --------------------

You sure did your homework on this one.
    Did you think that our company site was lying or trying to hide something?

But either way, thanks for letting people know about us, that is real cool
    Of you to do.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let me see. What's your ebiz plan. I'll assume you use the special network datafeeds fueling the comparison shopping services. Those actual shopping sites gobble up bandwidth, and are labor intensive too boot. So a download shopper agent app, showing only links (cookies) to network sponsored merchants, can be a extraordinary cookie cannon. You don't have to buy traffic when you control the shoppers selections via their system. You now have to look at application distribution schemes where your pristine plan meets the Adwhore mindset. How to get sleazy lead fee affiliates to push your affiliate killing cookie cannon?

I see no disclosure to the apps vital flaw. Not bluntly telling your captive shoppers they'll only have access to specific network feed merchant products available with your commission cookie. They want the full choice experience, so I imagine you'll have some 3rd party PPCSE Ads shown on search term pages. To me it's all just another automated commission whacking system run by those who's last concern is security of privacy and clickstream info and the open backdoor your app opens in Windows. The app is a cookie cannon in the making so I hope your servers melt when the other automated commission sharks target your application home base like they do other affiliates. Some day, if your base is worth it, the rogue BHO's will infest/target your application and seperate browser. They know how to set cookies on each of your members systems in an all out Cookie War.

Hey I can't support any affiliate application that effectively removes a potential shopper from the limited commission pool. You want a spotlight... you got several of them trained upon your next moves. Next up come the "cash back incentives -rewards -points" where you see the Waves of Greed eat away at your ship floating on the sea of ethics. There is only one real beneficiary of your application regardless of the FREEBEE pre-sell spin. I know. It's just the logical progression that comes from the networks allowing the Gill Netters into the commission fishing contest.
    Last edited by ecomcity; December 31st, 2005 at 12:16 AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The program allows for the user to “Choose” what they want to look for.
    They are given a choice in what they are wanting from the merchants that
    are located in the program.
    Only when they click on a Menu link are they given the page that they want to view
    from the particular company.

We do not use “data feeds” in the program, maybe in the future this might be something
    that we will look into, but at the moment, we do not use it.

You stated that “Gobble up bandwidth”. No, our program only loads the pages
    that the user wants to view. It does not sit there and load hidden pages without
    the user knowing about it, this would be illegal, and our software is not illegal.

The New York Times – When we spoke to them about running Advertisement about our program, 3 of their people checked out the program before contacting us back.
    Their review on the program was “great”. They loved the way it was setup, and that it does not hide anything from the user, and it only guides them to where they want to go.
    The only reason why we are not advertising with “The New York Times” at the moment?
    The minimum charge is $10,000.00 and at the moment, we do not have that much money in our budget to shell out the 10-grand that they need.
    But “NYTimes” are staying in constant contact with us over our plans for the future.
    So that is good on our behalf.

Anything else that you need to know, please feel free to ask.
    If people that read this post still think that it is a scam, or some sort of parasiteware,
    Then the only thing that I can say is to: Download it.
    I think that I have made it very clear that it is not harmful to use, and if it was
    I am sure that I would not be trying to get TV Airtime (or) Global News Site promotions
    For the program, as none of them would even mention the program if it was potentially hazardous to a users computer.

Take care all.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread