Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    A Winning Idea
    Last week we were all talking about how we dream good ideas and forget them when we wake up. I took it to a new level and I am so mad at myself that I didn't think of this before. I have been testing this for three days, ctr is over 24% from 6% for the same marketing structure. It is a short time span I know but being that today was a Saturday and we all know that traffic stinks on the weekends I have to share this.

I was on the Long Island Expressway doing the speed limit and I past by a movie theatre/mall and something hit me that will change the way I operate on the internet. (No I didn't go to the dark side)

Without a computer in front of me I figured out something but I will not share it with you all right now. It might be cutting edge, it might not be. It is not against any TOS actually it is something that every affiliate marketer is currently doing. Something that the search engines actually look for but yet none of us do it.

xml,php, asp it doesnt matter hmm actually datafeed sites would suffer which now that I think about it is probably the reason why people complain about their datafeed sites dropping in the first place. (disclaimer I don't do datafeed sites)

I will sell this what I call my Inter Site Navigation Behaviorial Contexual Marketing Concept to the top 200 afiliates, Now I am really kidding because there is no such thing as a top 200.

Every major retail site does this and thats the reason why they need afiliate marketers but they cant control something that we already know which is presell spin. It is us that get a good portion of traffic to a merchants site.

1/5 1/3 1/7 is another thing I am thinking about calling this or maybe the Sidd Finch theory.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    "It is not against any TOS actually it is something that every affiliate marketer is currently doing. Something that the search engines actually look for but yet none of us do it."

So it's something every one of is currently doing but none of us is doing it? Huh

Ummm, no offense, but.....you sound a bit like maybe you've been having a few cocktails with Mr. Hyland.

Could you re-phrase that spiel in plain English?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hone the simple concept from all angles NYfalcon. If it works in the real world for attracting shoppers, it can work online. Sure hope it isn't a brainstorm idea like pushing coupons or aftyernoon matinée special prices.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ok we all do it but we dont do enough of it is more like it. No Cockatails (sorry Charlie that is a typo and I left it) involved just tired and typing is all.

A few more days of testing this and I will share this. Last night I changed another 100 pages so I will have a better idea in a few days.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ok. i aint got a clue whats going on !!!.
    but, i have added to this page just to keep up with it.. Mmmmm..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

movie theater...hmm... a big sign with neon lights?

Good Luck with whatever you are doing!
    Ebudae

I'm looking forward to hearing about it!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I love coming up with new ideas, but unfortunately I haven't found any single solution to be *the* answer to financial success. It's always a combination of things that works best for me. In any event, I'm curious to hear what this is.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I was on the Long Island Expressway doing the speed limit and I past by a movie theatre/mall and something hit me that will change the way I operate on the internet. (No I didn't go to the dark side)
    Something that the search engines actually look for but yet none of us do it.
    Every major retail site does this and thats the reason why they need afiliate marketers but they cant control something that we already know which is presell spin. It is us that get a good portion of traffic to a merchants site.
    Ok we all do it but we dont do enough of it is more like it.
    I will try a wild guess with these clues....

--------------------------
    a movie theatre/mall
    Every major retail site does this
    Something that the search engines actually look for
    Ok we all do it but we dont do enough of it
    --------------------------

Provably it have to do with writing some content, about local events in your City or State. That alone will surely attract more visitors to the site but, that's something that requires a lot of updating too.

Sal.

Promotion, promotion, promotion... Promote that site in the real world.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Are we sneaking over to the content/non-content question?

Could it be previews? Coming attractions?

The suspense is killing...

FREE WITH EVERY ORDER

Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

"Every major retail site does this and thats the reason why they need afiliate marketers "

Hmm let's see... why do "they" need "us" ??

- to get traffic from keyword niches that they are not optimized for?
    - cause some of us have mall sites so people buying from one store may buy from another?
    - we can promote better than they can?

I'm not sure.

But something I've always wondered is why a big company like amazon.com has an affilliate program? When you search for a book title, they are usually in the top 10 results.

mopek

"I haven't found any single solution to be *the* answer to financial success"

But oftentimes just one word or eye-catcher can carry more of a load than a long-winded sales pitch.

ABW Ambassador
    "But something I've always wondered is why a big company like amazon.com has an affilliate program?"

They started their affiliate program in 1996. They're celebrating their 10 year anniversary right now. Affiliates help get them there.

I have no idea what this could be, but like Neil I want to keep up with it

Nope. Still no idea. (spend a while thinking before i typed this line).
    NYFalcon ... just make sure you wont be shooting yourself in the foot if you give us more info, you don't want anyone here competing with the same idea or it wont (i assume) work so wel

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm in. Can't wait to read all about this great new marketing idea. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Cross- selling within a site can dramatically increase CTR and it's all within TOS. It's contextual and it's navigational.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let's see. We all know Sex Sells, or should I say attracts attention =clicks. Movie house posters all flaunt the eye appeal factor to sucker in the crowds like the old carnie folks did. I'm sure Jessika Simpson draws in more viewers then pushing the Hemi under the hood crowd. My bet is NYfalcon (considering his icon) is finding the CTR on sexxy banners pulls more then the "click here" action call.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Let's see. We all know Sex Sells, or should I say attracts attention =clicks. Movie house posters all flaunt the eye appeal factor to sucker in the crowds like the old carnie folks did. I'm sure Jessika Simpson draws in more viewers then pushing the Hemi under the hood crowd. My bet is NYfalcon (considering his icon) is finding the CTR on sexxy banners pulls more then the "click here" action call.
    Wow. I completely agree ... but then we start stepping on the issue of Ethics. Maybe affiliate marketers have stricter morals when it comes to advertising and the use of sex? Maybe we're blinded by our OWN ethics and not looking at the big picture? That "sex sells" ?

Time to go grab some stock images and do some testing

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by mopek
    But something I've always wondered is why a big company like amazon.com has an affilliate program? When you search for a book title, they are usually in the top 10 results.
    We make them money.. We help people buy books they never knew existed.. We help people buy books they didn't even know they wanted.. If they stopped then their competitors would get a lot of extra promotion.. It aids in branding..

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Okay, I'll take a stab at it.

I'm gonna guess that it has to do with positioning like with like, just as the malls do. For instance, one end of the mall has stores with cheaper merchandise, one end has more upscale products, each end is anchored with a department store, and the entertainment venues are centrally located (movie theater, game rooms, food concessions).

This layout guarantees that someone looking for cheap shoes will also pass by the cheap t-shirts store, the cheap housewares store, etc. Someone shopping for boutique clothing will also pass by the upscale furniture store and a few jewelry stores. Being miniature democratic societies all American malls arrange for the upscale folks and the bargain folks to meet at the entertainment venues.

Now where's my damn prize?

(And what does this have to do with the fact that you were driving at the speed limit?)

My guess it's either a site map or cross selling, like showing three other related products on a single products page. But then again, how would that hurt datafeed sites?

Hmm, Must be keyword/content related because thats what the search engines want.

I still haven't figured it out but I have learned alot today about contextual behavior.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    maybe it's enticing visitors with a viral riddle?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast