Why You Shouldn't Work When You're Too Tired...
    I just deleted one of my websites with one of the major networks. I meant to just edit it. Poof - gone... with just a push of the button. Now I will have to set it up again, probably reapply with all the merchants, get a new site ID #, change it on all the links...yadda yadda...

Has anyone else done this and is there a quick fix?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

delted it from where your hard drive or the web server
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I deleted one of my sites from Linkshare so I don't know what I lost...commissions? Id? I don't know yet.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If it's CJ, you're SOL for the old PID.

Easiest way to fix: Put the site back into your account, and make note of the new PID number. On your computer, do a site-wide find/replace from the old PID number to the new one, and reupload your pages. Presto...

You shouldn't have to reapply with all your merchants...before doing anything there, see which merchants are still showing as active in your account. As long as the account itself stayed active, I would think all your affiliations would be, too. BeFree might be an exception; I think that place has some bit where each site is a seperate approval.

[Edit--you were typing while I was.]

For LS, it's probably the same. I don't remember needing seperate approvals for different sites there, either.

There'll be a different number in your link, most likely. Their IDs are harder to understand, but there's an 11-digit bunch of gibberish in the tracking links (with a slash in it as I recall!), that is the ID.

But at Snare, there may be a "reactivate site" link hidden somewhere...after all, they have a "reactivate account" link! But, it'd take sense to allow site reactivation, so maybe not.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Geeze Leeann, I live in horror of doing something like that. I definitely work at times when I should be doing something brainless. I've learned to double-check all my work, especially when I've been doing global-replaces. I sure have done some creative things.

The problem is, how do you know your judgment's impaired when your judgment's impaired? Maybe keep a mirror on your desk to check for slack facial muscles and drooling.

My sympathies. It's just the kind of thing I know I'll do some day.

Talking
    leeann - Are you a blond ???

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Maybe keep a mirror on your desk to check for slack facial muscles and drooling.
    lol! Yes, drool is a foolproof method for determining fatigue. I dunno...Lately the delete key seems to have a magnet that pulls my finger to it. Maybe it's subliminalů
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    leeann - Are you a blond ???
    Only my hairdresser and Linkshare know for sure...
    leeann

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    I deleted one of my sites from Linkshare so I don't know what I lost...commissions? Id? I don't know yet.
    Hi Leann,

I didn't understand what you exactly deleted, a site profile in Linkshare? I should be easy to reinstate it back. Let me know if you need any help with that part.

If you delete your web pages in your site, you should have a copy in your web host if it is hosted, or of course, your recycled bin in your desktop. Even the Wayback Machine can help in some cases.

It's so hard to build a decent site, it shouldn't be that easy to delete. One thing every affiliate should not procrastinate is backing up their sites.

Sami B. - UncommonGoods.com Affiliate Program at Linkshare
    10% Commissions | Parasite Free | 30-Day Cookie | Unique Stuff
    E-mail: samib (at) uncommongoods.com
    Web: http://www.uncommongoods.com/linkshare/affiliates.jsp
    Last edited by Sami B - Uncommon Goods; July 18th, 2005 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Sami B - Uncommon Goods
    Hi Leann,

I didn't understand what you exactly deleted, a site profile in Linkshare?
    It was a site I had listed w/ linkshare. I still have the site, it just got deleted in error w/ linkshare. I contacted them and actually got answers . I just have to register it again and change all the PID numbers...(that's all..lol). Thanks for offering to help though. The emergency seems a little bit more under control now.
    leeann

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread