Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Am I the only one here having a particularly bad month so far? As you can see from my earnings graph, it looked like I could only do better this month but even if I double what I've earned so far, I'm still way behind. I have no idea why because I have put more work in and I am getting the same or better traffic than last month.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: snoopy ]

It's not much help, snoopy, but all of our sites show the same drop in earnings for January.

Actually thanks, that does help, I was starting to think I was the only one.

Anyone else?

Over 40% of sales for retail businesses occurs from October through December (gift-giving season). The other 9 months share the remaining 60%.

The Internet is no different, in my experience, so your graph is actually quite accurate, relatively speaking.

ABW Ambassador
    Similar, though not quite as severe. Interesting note, though -- 95% of the stuff that is selling now? Pages I didn't have up in December (or for most of December). If I didn't have the new pages, I'd have next to 0 sales from CJ.

Pardon me, I must go build some more pages.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    It's not much help, snoopy, but all of our sites show the same drop in earnings for January

Erm, no they don't

(No asking me about what's going to happen in June [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Crdric, I had a couple of sales this month from merchants that I never had a sale from before. I don't know what thats all about. Whats ticking me off is some of the stuff I have is every day stuff and not seasonal. It's come to a stop the last few days. Yesterday I tried something and sent one merchant about 5 times the amnt of traffic and nothing. I just emailed them to asking them to let me know all the sales they have reported to CJ's. Maybe their getting lost somewhere. Beats me, all I want is some kind of reason as to why nothing.

Snoopy, January has always been a drop for my site in regular sales too.
    It is normal looking back the last 2 years.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

ABW Ambassador
    No offense but, I'm with Leader.

i am having a good month, better than december when i broke all of my own records

i would be on easy street it didnt always get reversed

one merchant emailed me today and gave me a rise because of the quantity of sales and low fraud

how strange to get a raise from a merchant partly due to low fraud when the only other merchant on my webpage reverses almost EVERYTHING due to invalid CC

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry snoopy, packy et al.
    I'm lucky enough to be on the beach with Jada & Leader this time.

Yes, earnings in January have fallen. The whole idea took the long count. eBay is still cartooning... How about quencher ? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Lokhankin ]

Record sales and traffic here too.. and not a penny to overture [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well everyone seems to have a different answer or a different take on why things are bad this month for me.

The strange thing is, I get the feeling we are all earning our money in very similar ways (using same PPC's for example). So why should this month be so bad for some of us and so good for others?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'd say that we're selling different things!

snoopy.. i dont use any ppc since i ditched overture, or maybe they ditched me.. anyway, doesnt matter
    you got a wordtracker sub? if not, save that ppc cash and subscribe.. its the greatest thing since sliced gifs

ABW Ambassador
    Breaking all records here too. Also, not one penny going to a PPC.

Cold weather has swept much of the nation and folks are waiting it out in front of their browsers with their credit card in hand.

My advice to those of you not doing so well is to break away from Christmas seasonal products.

Yep, people mainly buy ordinary stuff*
    (*except teenagers)

Our sales explode too. We sell two niche products that the targetted consumers buy 4-12 times per year. Actually our december sales was a bit disappointing, but now we're flying. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I came out great the first week or so, then it has slowed down.
    I think a lot of this is that the holiday visa bills are coming in

Guitar Mall

It's been particularly slow these past 2 days. Last week was great!

This month was ok for me until this week also. Last week I had an EPC-20.00 This week I have about EPC-1 friggin penny.

I did email one of my better merchants about getting a report sent for the sales I have had this month so far. They replied and will send it to me in the next day or so. At least by seing the report I'll know that if they show the same sales I show in my reports that sales aren't getting lost when they are reported back to CJ. Then I'll sleep just a wee bit better.

Leads have been WAY UP for me and sales have been WAY DOWN this month (except for a $500+ sale yesterday). My site that has mostly lead type offers is setting all kinds of records. My sales sites are generating as many if not more click throughs to CJ merchants, just not many sales showing up. Perhaps a "secret shopper" needs to go do a little testing, er I mean shopping.

My CJ site is down $100 from this time last month, not as bad as I expected.
    Performics is up, linkshare...blah!
    On the info product sites, sales are booming.

If you take off the big ticket item reversals for the same time last month, sales would the same, and they're buying stuff for the home, furniture, kitchen and of course clothes.

Sales doing fine. Not quite the December rush, but chugging along steadily.

Info products, rats MJ I forgot about making those pages! I must have been drinking when you sent the brainwaves over about that one, lol. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Lol, Spiderman, sliced gifs. Ymmmm. Sliced gifs embedded in a nice table, ymmmmy. But you're right, Wordtracker is even better.

WM don't forget the info products, they can be your biggest earners!

If you do it right, there'll come a time when CJ/Performics and LS merchants will provide your pocketmoney.
    The other great thing about them is once you've got your info sites converting, that's it, no updating, no new links, just check the stats and cash the cheque [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: mousejockey ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast