ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Solutions: Things we need to fix
    Since the thread for "Things we need to fix" is getting pretty long - I decided to branch off this thread to highlight the solutions in case a reader just wanted to hear the new things that are being done to combat some problems.

To start: There are 2 new RSS feeds...

1) Notification of New Programs to the network.
    2) Notification of Temporarily Offline merchants, and also for merchants with Low Funds - and the corresponding notification when a merchant comes back online or removes the status of Low Funds.

Check your account, top left of the gray navigation bar it says "RSS Feeds"... all the details are there.

Please leave this thread clean so it will contain only the solutions.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Outsourced Program Manager
    Brian;

One question, I am looking at my merchants first admin page, ( after signing in) and there is nothing on the top left that says RSS feed.

Or is this only for affiliates?
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

These are affiliate tools....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

"Program Uptime History" has been added to the "View Merchant" page so that you can see historical offline/online events. These won't exist prior to this past week but you'll get info going forward. This page is also linked to in the RSS feed if you use a browser based reader such as Pluck or other you'll be able to see that info immediately on notification.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Per the suggestions from Trust and Leader I believe, there is now a search for new programs over the course of the last several months... for example you can see new merchants who have joined in July, June, May, April - we are showing the current month and 3 prior.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

3. The coupon system is great...it has an RSS, why not make that RSS precoded then affiliates can promote it as a Coupon Feed on their own sites and start making it a promotional tool that consumers subscribe to.
    As per suggestion from Chris Sanderson, we have augmented our Deals Database feed with a version which contains all of the information on the deal including a tracking URL (though you will need to replace your ID) startdate, enddate, coupon code, etc.... to make life easier on the couponer.

Visit your account, see the "RSS Feeds" link on top left, choose the "Deals Database" feed and you'll see instructions for this Advanced Feed. NOTE: it is a seperate feed, albeit duplicate content from the original. We did not want to disturb the original which many people like as is.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

I wrote an SAS merchant who has had "Low Funds" for awhile and she wrote back to look at the program description, which shows Auto-Deposit, yet her status shows the Low Fund message. I just subscribed to the RSS feed, that merchant isn't there.

This type of detail needs to be fixed.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    That's very neat Brian, I like that... now I better get my coupons updated
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hey guys,

Sorry, a bit off-topic here....

I'm running the Cash-in-1-hour.com program in SAS and doing very well.

However, I would like to join the affiliates side of things and sign up other affiliates underneath me to promote. A 2 tier signup. I sign up first, then I get my traffic people to sign up underneath me, or I sign them up for them, give their linking code and send them an embedded creative ready to mail or send traffic to.

I was looking all over the SAS interface on the affiliates side and I can't seem to find this feature. Is this possible? ... I'm the main "super affiliate" and I want to sign up other super affiliates right beneath me and maybe I can get a kickback from what my supers produce?...

This may be a dumb question, but I needed to ask.

What about newbies?
    Brian

Dont' forget the non-datafeed affiliates.

The make-a-page feature is a great but cherry picking products is difficult if it is not shown on SAS but is on the merchant's site. The explanation for doing it and then converting the "?" is hard to understand and extremely laborious. Obviously individual product links are an on-going problem since the thread has been prominently displayed for months. All the other major affiliate networks have easy ways to create those individual product links. Obviously they think this is important and so do I.

Brian,

A few questions on when a sale comes in at zero and can you fix it? This has been happening for some time now.

Does the merchant see the zero dollar sale on their end? If so why don't they fix it? I know Frank Bee manually approves sales so it would seem like they would be able to catch it if they wanted to.

I just had another come in. What really ticks me off is I just went back to when life was good last year with a lot of sales coming in and found a bunch of them from Frank Bee's taht I didn't catch. I've been removing Frank Bees from my sites so that shouldn't be a problem this year. I'm sure it's too late to collect on them which isn't a problem but it would be nice to have it fixed

Exclamation table width too wide...
    Hi Brian,

I just check the "merchant listing" page on shareasale.com
    http://www.shareasale.com/out-programs.cfm
    There are a lot of pages such as this one,
    http://www.shareasale.com/out-search...m?category=hom
    the width is too wide when you view it in regular monitor(800x600), it may be cause by some merchat's incorrect html , but may be you can set the outer table to be specific size, so inner table will not be able to "oversize" it.

and if it look nicer, affiliates will stay longer and pick ... isn't it?

Phil

What we need to fix is the merchant sign up process
    I complete a step, no errors won't let me go to step 2

Come back later step 2 is now available, complete step 2 and
    step 3 is not available.

Guess I will go back later and check again.

No response to support emails,
    get voicemail on support line.

How do you expect to get new merchants?

Opinion
    Greetings,
    I feel that almost all ABW and SAS has done for us, has been to our advantage.When I check reports, I had a lot of traffic,sales down.Then, I checked the sales over the holidays,they have been poor.For example, Walmart's sales were mostly food items, low margin, they have already been fined $172 million in Ca., with 17 more cases pending, for forcing people to work without pay. I once met Sam Walton at a convention in Atlantic City, he came up from Ark. to find out how to trear his clerks better, this was not what he wanted, and never to put other retailers out of business.He had a friend, Jack, who staked him to his first store, he repayed him, with Jack's food makets, in texas and Mexico, the board of directors of the corp. i worked for, allowed him to visit our headquarters, for 1 week. After that, he travelled with the truck drivers,for over 2,000 miles.The retail business has become very greedy, so with the situation in this country, as you know, all hell is breaking out,in Washington,all we can do, is hope for the best, next year.Haiko. my birthday is Jan.18th. I'll be 73,can't believe it, my wife is gone, and many forum memebres are family to me. Also, to our friends in Texas, big congrats on the Texas win,they pulled it out at the last minute.If i lived there, I would nominate the QB for governor.
    Love to all.
    Just my same old 2 cents.
    JJ.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Brian, I've spent the better part of two days trying to get results from the Make A Page feature. When it works, it's a dream but most times, I get "0 results" when I know the merchant has the specific products or category I'm using in the search term or terms.
    Is there a secret to making this work?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Contacting merchants
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    I wrote an SAS merchant who has had "Low Funds" for awhile and she wrote back to look at the program description, which shows Auto-Deposit, yet her status shows the Low Fund message. I just subscribed to the RSS feed, that merchant isn't there.

This type of detail needs to be fixed.
    I noit only wrote to them, I called them, the Irish Elegance shop has had a lot of sales from me, but just because they are low on funds, isn't my fault.
    We get japped by merchants that advertise in the regular media, and the expense of putting their ads here.It stinks
    JJ
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread