A little help please? Nevermind - figured it out...

EDIT: Well, I did figure it out, but I'll leave the question in case anyone else ever runs into this problem. The problem is that I am currently accessing the internet from a different location than usual, and I am behind a proxy server in this location. As a result, when I request a page that has previously been requested, the proxy server just goes and grabs the previously requested page instead of going and getting it anew. Once I configured my browser to bypass the proxy server, all of the links work just fine.

Original question:
    Has anyone run into this problem before? I like to think that I'm pretty good at figuring these types of things out, but this one has me stumped right now (although I'm pretty tired...)...

Ok, if I click on any of my LS links (even directly from the LS interface), I receive the following error:
    "Error : Your click session expired!"

The url displayed when this happens is something like:

where #s denote some combination of letters and/or numbers respectively.

This happens for all my merchants when I click through my links. Note that I have been an affiliate for over 2 years and have yet to run into this problem. The links I have currently posted on my site were working as of a day or two ago. I figure that I must have some sort of spyware or something on my machine, since this is also happening for other affiliate sites' links (i.e. I'm going to other places I know that are affiliates and clicking on their links and getting the same error). I've tried a few basic things, clearing my cookies and history, modifying my security settings (decreasing the security), checking my hosts file to make sure it looks ok, running a spyware scan, making sure that the clock on my system is set to the correct time etc., but I cannot seem to get rid of this error.

I'm in the middle of a virus scan, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has ever had this problem. I know that there has to be a simple solution, and that I'm going to soon look like an idiot, but... Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by jmschmitt; July 18th, 2005 at 05:55 PM.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Los Angeles
    Dang JM .. that's certainly cause for alarm. Wish I could help but I have no clue. Someone will be by in a minute to answer, I'm sure. :-)

Good luck!

Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread