Ebay Suspension
    Does anyone have any advice about how to get back on ebay after a suspension?

I had been doing ebay for almost a year and had gotten up to 775 positive ratings (99.9%), had attended Ebay University, and had just started my own ebay online store as my husband and I have just started a BBQ business. Then one day I made a fatal error that no one will help me to correct. I posted a coupon from my Entertainment book on ebay, which is fine as there is a section specifically for coupons on ebay and I had the well known disclaimer saying that people were bidding on my time to find, sort, mail the coupon. Unfortunately I did not realize I was unable to use a picture from the Blair.com website. Ebay has a ton of people who sell coupons and whose postings contain pictures that have been copied and pasted from those company's stores, but I guess I should have looked into it more as Blair.com saw the posting and turned me into ebay for violating their property rights. I can understand their concern and ebay's removal of the item, but now I have been "indefinitely suspended" unless Blair.com will pardon my error, not allow me to sell their items (when I get back on I am only doing my own products as I do not want anything like this to happen again!), they simply need to in essence "forgive me". I have emailed them numerous times, I have called and they refuse to help me out. To make it worse ebay will not do anything from their end and state that Blair is my only possible way of getting back on. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am so frustrated, my husband and I were getting so excited after attending Ebay University and having our own online store to use to sell our products.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sounds like the only solution is for you to kiss up to Blair and beg their forgiveness...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Unfortunately I tried, here is the response I got and now they will not return my calls, I do not understand why they are unwilling to help me out. It was an honest mistake and I offered to sign anything they wanted saying I would never have anything to with selling their products or within their market at all! They turned me back towards ebay but ebay states they will not even look at my case for a year. Here is what Blair wrote to me...

Dear Ms O'Connell,

Thank you for your recent email.

When you offered Blair Coupons on EBay, you did not have permission from
    Blair to use their Logo, which is intellectual property of Blair
    Corporation. Under the VeRO program, Blair exercised its right to have
    the listings removed. If you would like more information regarding the
    VeRO program, please visit this link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...nded-item.html

We will not at this time ask for reinstatement of your account in your
    behalf. You may of course appeal to EBay to reverse their decision.

Blair Corporation

Warren, Pa. 16365

Hello, Alycia:

I am currently looking into this situation, and have asked a colleague to speak to eBay regarding this matter.

It is my understanding, though, that Blair only asked eBay to have their TM'd logo removed from your listing. Unfortunately, Blair wasn't the first company to ask to have TM'd material removed from one of your listings, and because you had repeated violations, eBay, not Blair, chose to suspend your account.

I get the feeling that this was an honest mistake on your part, and I will see if my involvement can get eBay to reverse your suspension.

I will let you know if/when I have heard from eBay.
    Christopher Park
    Affiliate/Partnerships Manager
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074
    AIM: BLAIRAffiliates
    Twitter: BLAIRAffiliates

I'm really surprised the eBay would suspend your account for a single violation, when I've seen people violate nearly every rule in the book and get "warnings" over and over again.

I've used the VeRo program before, but have never seen an account shut down simply because of unauthorized logo usage. This surprises me.

Given your feedback rating, had you made it into the "PowerSeller" category yet? If so, there is a specific group within the PowerSeller support designed to help with account takeovers and suspensions.

However, you should know that if your account is reinstated, you'll need to be very, very careful... as you'll probably be on their "watch" list. Read through all of the listing policies as there are a variety of restrictions that are not always intuitive.

Good luck.

Paul

reply to Christopher
    Christopher,

Thank you for replying to my posting and for talking to your colleague about this matter. I understand that Blair did not ask to have me suspended but to rather have the TM'd logo removed from my listing. I am unsure as to why ebay is telling me that I need to get an email from you to be reinstated, but only know that this is the only way I can get reinstated except for waiting a year to appeal. Ebay’s last email to me stated, “if the indefinite suspension status of your account does not change, we are no longer obligated to address any emails you submit before the date given”.

You are right that this is not the first time I have gotten an email before stating that the VeRO program had removed one of my listings. I had gotten another one of these emails and was unsure what exactly I had done wrong. I tried to talk to people on live chat but, unfortunately, they could not check individual items for me and directed me back to a general VeRO information pages. So, I looked at other postings that people had on their auctions involving coupons (as that was the item I had gotten removed the first time). I noticed that most postings that sell coupons had a message stating that the person bidding was bidding on the seller’s time to find, post, mail the coupon and not on the actual coupon. I had used no such disclaimer and thought this must have been my problem all along. After all, there is a section on ebay for coupons so I assumed selling coupons was not the issues, but rather, that I had not included this common disclaimer. So I started inputting disclaimers on any of my auctions involving coupons.

Therefore my frustration is that, although ebay is stating this is my second suspension due to trademark infringement, it is actually the first time that I have been truly made aware and clearly communicated to, largely in part to Blair Corporation as to exactly what I had done wrong. Had this issue been clarified to me during my first suspension I would never be in this position today and therefore I appreciate any and all help and would be incredibly grateful for your understanding in this honest mistake and of course I will not repeat any such offense ever again. Please keep me updated with anything you hear from/send to ebay regarding my issue and thanks again!!

Alycia

reply to Paul
    Paul

Thanks for your posting, unfortunately I had not made power seller (maybe since I was messing with coupons), but I have found other websites of people who have had similar issues with ebay and not being able to get back on because of their customer support. I really hope that I will be able to get back on and I think you are right about the "watch list", I am only going to sell our products and no coupons or anything that I might even have a question about. Thanks again!!

Alycia

I've seen people get back onto eBay after Shill Bidding (which, I believe, should be an instant and permanent suspension), so you should be able to get there eventually.

It's amazing how some people are allowed to get away with so much, and others are shut down after 2 (relatively minor) infractions....

Odd... very odd....

Good luck!

Paul

While I certainly hope you are able to get back on eBay's good side, my advise would be to look at building your very own e-commerce web site to hawk your goods. It's not as hard as you may think.....

It will take longer to build up sales but in the end, you wont be relying on eBay's good graces to earn a buck. It's a long haul but well worth the journey.

I use eBay as a place to buy goods cheap and sale on my web site for a profit. If eBay goes bye bye, i'm still in business.. I just have to work a little harder at finding inventory!

A very instructive reply, Marty! I was going to suggest she try her hand at affiliate marketing! It seems that Alycia might have what it takes to make a go of it.

Alycia --

Sorry, but I don't have anything new to tell you, yet. My co-worker is still trying from her end, and I've emailed eBay, also. (Live Help was no help, BTW!)

I'll let you know as soon as we hear something.
    Christopher Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Hello, Alycia:

I'm sorry to say that we've heard back from eBay, and even though eBay was asked by both myself and a coworker to reinstate you, they have decided not to reinstate your account.

Let me know if there's anything more I can do.
    Christopher Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Quote Originally Posted by alycia529
    Does anyone have any advice about how to get back on ebay after a suspension?

I had been doing ebay for almost a year and had gotten up to 775 positive ratings (99.9%), had attended Ebay University, and had just started my own ebay online store as my husband and I have just started a BBQ business. Then one day I made a fatal error that no one will help me to correct. I posted a coupon from my Entertainment book on ebay, which is fine as there is a section specifically for coupons on ebay and I had the well known disclaimer saying that people were bidding on my time to find, sort, mail the coupon. Unfortunately I did not realize I was unable to use a picture from the Blair.com website. Ebay has a ton of people who sell coupons and whose postings contain pictures that have been copied and pasted from those company's stores, but I guess I should have looked into it more as Blair.com saw the posting and turned me into ebay for violating their property rights. I can understand their concern and ebay's removal of the item, but now I have been "indefinitely suspended" unless Blair.com will pardon my error, not allow me to sell their items (when I get back on I am only doing my own products as I do not want anything like this to happen again!), they simply need to in essence "forgive me". I have emailed them numerous times, I have called and they refuse to help me out. To make it worse ebay will not do anything from their end and state that Blair is my only possible way of getting back on. Does anyone have any advice for me? I am so frustrated, my husband and I were getting so excited after attending Ebay University and having our own online store to use to sell our products.
    you have felt the full force of the ebay draconian automated response system have you? it is rare for ebay to suspend for a first time offence especially for a user like yourself with 900+ feedback, login to your account and try to contact them with the feedback form, however the more ebay suspends it's golden gooses the tighter it's noose in the long run

[Removed 13 signature links - you are warned NOT to do this again]
    Last edited by DesignerWiz; March 16th, 2006 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Removed 13 signature links

Alycia,

You'd think that they would appreciate you promoting their business instead of punishing you. I got suspended for basically the same thing except it was a staples coupon. At the time of my alleged "illegal activity" there were 62 other auctions for the exact same coupon, and I had already sold over 200 of them and received 100% positive feed back. Pointing this out did nothing to help my account, nor did ebay do anything to anybody else selling their coupons. Why I was singled out is beyond me. I couldn't get anywhere with them so I went looking on how to get back on and found this ebay suspension website. I got back on despite their best efforts to keep me off and I've sold over 100 more of the exact same coupon with no trouble. Go figure. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know you're not the first one to have this happen to them, and I'm sure you won't be the last, but don't let it stop you from selling.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here's my take. All couponers are natural born SERP spammers and traffic scammers. Violating eBay's great VeRo terms is a natural for couponers selling nothing ...for something. You all use/abuse Google, Yahoo and other SE's as if they're your own Coupon cookie setting Yellow pages. I have some authorized distributors for tightly controlled brands and trademarks who are power sellers at ebay. Fat chance they, or the manufacturer offer coupons ...but constantly they find them on eBay searches and in the resulting Google SERP searches.

Took me 2 seconds to find an Overstock Trademark violator at eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/Overstock-com-10...QQcmdZViewItem with a storefront http://stores.ebay.com/Bidhounds-pound using eBays turbo lister and built-in SERP spamming tools. Look at the trademarks abused there on just one of the coupon spammer operations.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks Ecomcity!

Very interesting! Once the seller in the eBay ad receives payment, they will send a link for the 10% discount.

I wonder if that link will be an overstock affiliate link...
    Christopher Park
    Blair.com
    cjpark@blair.com
    (814)726-6074

Quote Originally Posted by Blair.com
    Thanks Ecomcity!

Very interesting! Once the seller in the eBay ad receives payment, they will send a link for the 10% discount.

I wonder if that link will be an overstock affiliate link...
    LOL .. of course it will be a cookied link. Couponers are all spammers and devise traffic diversion schemes to overcome their spammy SERP & PPCSE competition. Why is it a demand for AM's running programs like Blair to pass out the 2 best spam tools to their affiliates?? Even .XML spam food gets passed out http://www.coupons-coupon-codes.com/blair/coupons.xml

Blair could give a hoot who shows up in a Google search for Blair coupons hoping they hooker up with the Super Duper scumbags with coupon bait.

showing links out to safe sites .... while e-mail spamming the crap out of kidnapped shoppers.. http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/inc...com?safesearch

76 spammy e-mails/week ... entering our e-mail address on this site we received 76 e-mails per week. They were very spammy.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ebay Account Suspended? Get Instant Reactivation
    "I got back on eBay, and I'm staying on!"
    "I have spent COUNTLESS HOURS signing up for new accounts only to be terminated yet again. I have reviewed a TON of information about it as well. Everything from thousands of message board posts to a multitude of eBay ebooks and books from Amazon. Unfortunately all of it was next to useless and did nothing to keep me from eBay suspension again."
    "Just the opposite with this new, no holds barred, eBay guide. Finally a truthful, easy, and outrageously effective Ebook has arrived!"
    "Forget everything you think you know about eBay. Unless you have read this guide, you are blindfolded! Thanks to Robert's guide, I got back on and I'm staying on."
    Check Out at (edited out spam link) and Start Selling Again

Plesase copy and paste the link on your web browser.
    Last edited by Trust; September 29th, 2006 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spam

Screw that spammy eBay e-book link. If you do no wrong and use ebay just as a place to place your own product resale listings you need no eBook.... idiot! You play scumbag traffic and extra cookie setting tricks to outside of eBay nmoney and you'll get whacked again for gaming the ebay ebiz plan. Don't they teach ethics classes where you live?

i bought the ezguide thing--one fatal flaw: the book tells you you must get a mastercard gift card that allows you to register it/associate with a name/address (your new UPS box mailbox address and your new ebay fictitious name). Unfortunately, here in the states, the Patriot Act requires that all financial institutions document the RECIPIENTS of gift cards via a Social Security #. This makes the gift card angle useless. If anyone can dispute this, let me know and I will retract this statement. If you DO buy the ebook, make sure you try securing the appropriate giftcard FIRST before spending the time/money on new bank accounts, new IPs, new mailbox at UPS ($240/year), etc....i have not been able to get past the giftcard problem.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Armand_Hammer
    If you DO buy the ebook,

......you are a sucker.

pre-paid credit cards
    (edited out spam again) can help you with your pre-paid credit card you could use for signing up a new account.
    Last edited by Trust; October 12th, 2006 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spam

Exclamation Ebay Suspension help
    (edited out spam for the last time)
    Last edited by Trust; October 12th, 2006 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spam

3rd world scammers are everywhere.

...spammer...

Hi,

Listen closely, I've spent couple of weeks getting hold of this information that is now available. I can understand your frustration with eBay, considering silly suspension decisions on their behalf.

Many sellers like you contact eBay via email and await patiently only to recieve repetitive and useless replies. NOT ANYMORE!!

CALL THEM directly, speak to a live eBay assistant on the phone to resolve your outstanding eBay issues.

I have a document with valid phone numbers, including extension numbers of eBay staff and assistants. This will work for US callers and a separate number provided for UK callers.

(edited out spam, banned the spammer)
    Last edited by Trust; October 26th, 2006 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spam

26. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread