Direct Deposit for Canadians
    edited because I sound snippy even when I don't mean to these days.
    Please note: We will only be able to make direct deposits of monies paid when both parties to the transaction are located in the same country. Thus, if you are a U.S.-based Network Affiliate, you may receive monies by direct deposit to a U.S.-based bank branch that are paid by U.S. Network Merchants. Likewise, if you are a Canadian Network Affiliate, you may receive monies by direct deposit to a Canadian bank branch that are paid by Canadian Network Merchants. All other payments will continue to be made by check.
    Translation:
    Canadian publishers can ONLY be paid using direct deposit by Linkshare merchants in the "Canadian" network. All U.S. merchants will still be paying by check.

Questions for Linkshare:
    Why setup the system like this?
    Will this be changed?
    Are there seperate "Linkshares" for each and every country that you accept affiliates from and will this happen for all international affiliates when it's set up?

Other networks, (Big and small) as well as some indies are able to do this, so it's not an issue of crossing international boundaries or different banking systems or some such. Sure that makes it more difficult but it can and is being done.

thanks,

guy who still hasn't been paid and if he hadn't had such a pleasant, helpful experience with the livechat person would be in full snap mode right now.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

* Please note that you can only receive direct deposits for monies you are paid by a merchant of the same country as you. In other words, if you are a U.S. affiliate working with both U.S. and Canadian merchants, you will be paid by direct deposit for payments by U.S. merchants, but not those by Canadian merchants. All monies which we are not allowed by law to pay via direct deposit will continue to be made by check.
    Ok so now, those other places are all breaking the law?
    Hadn't expected that lol
    I wonder if the 2 US companies I did sales for and who paid my comissions via direct deposit were also breaking the law.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

New laws take effect all the time. A lot of companies who were legal prior to the new law taking effect can probably continue doing what they were doing until forced to stop.

I remember when you can just open a bank account with no trouble. Now a days if the DOJ can't confirm your identity your account is locked.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread