Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OK, these are NOT my sales
    I JUST joined Ford direct. My "Payment History" has SIX sales going back to December of 2004. Also there are four sales re: Frederick's of Holywood. My site is FAMILY safe. Yes, I think I did sign up for Frederick's, BUT I NEVER PUT ANY LINKS UP, so those cannot be my sales either. There are literally TONS of sales in my Payment History. How LS will EVER get this straightened out, who knows??? Something Very very bad has happened to the recording of sales in the LS computer. I don't know what to say. This is sad. Sad for the folks who actually made the sales. Somehow my list got "crossed" with at least one VERY SUCCESSFUL person's site sales. I don't think I could be the ONLY person with this situation... Probably in most cases, people don't notice a few extra sales or a few missing... BUT I know I hardly make any sales, let alone TONS... So just letting you know about the crossed wires. I have NOT gotten a check so far this month. Maybe this is why. Maybe LS has my account flagged as one with a LOT OF ERRORS. Maybe they fired an angry employee who took revenge this way, who knows??? Maybe that person only worked on certain accounts, one being mine... Or maybe someone did a lot of complaining and the employee in charge of that person's account moved all of his or her sales to my poor low earning account as a joke... It leaves me very tired just thinking about it...I think it must be a limited type of situation and maybe it was just one LS employee playing with the figures to get even with someone... I cannot take money if I did not earn it, so do not worry if you think you are the one missing these sales. I will not take credit for sales my poor lmiserable site did not make.

ABW Ambassador
    I posted about the same thing happening to me a week or so ago. I don't have JCPenney or Roses.com on my site but have sales showing up for them.

Trust No1: have you been getting checks with these commissions? This is only my second check which is due (overdue) now. My first one was something like $5 from a merchant directly. I do not know what to say... I will report it now to LS so they can put my account in with the other suspicious ones. All I can tell you is I am not going to take money for sales I did not make. This biz is TOO HARD, so if you made these sales, I guess at SOME POINT in the future you will get your proper payments. After I advise LS, I just have to leave it to them. I am tired, the A/C is off here for the last 2 days and over 90 degrees inside. Just know I am not going to steal anyone's rightful commissions. I wish you the best and I just have to keep on trucking on my poor unprofessional homemade looking site. Mostly I get Adsense sales. I know I did sell some Personalization Mall items. And a FEW other items. Well let me go now to advise LS of the prob with my sales.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's what i posted about it

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=60480

I sent two emails to LS. These are TONS of sales, not mine. If you are a big earner, a big gun and you are missing a LOT of sales from November 2004, you could sticky me and tell me and I will hunt through the list to see if these are YOURS. There is for example one payment for each of six months for Ford Direct. That should tell someone here something...

Trust No1: Thanks, I read your prior post. My case involves TONS of sales. Some top earner must have been wondering where his or her sales went, or maybe wondering WHY his or her sales dropped so suddenly. Here is why: they are in MY account! Not one or two, mind you, but HUNDREDS. I have not counted them, but there are hundreds. Most of the merchants ARE merchants I do have links up for, but I did not make these sales because my site is NEW, only a PR2, just out of G. Sandbox and ALMOST NO TRAFFIC. These ain't mine, kids. DESE is some a big guy or gal is missing.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My recent challenge to Overstock to look into account skimming, before or after the batch uploads, follows Amazonut's findings. Won't be the first time a network insider or AM skimmed sales to friends slyly covering their tracks. Once a major Computer Merchant (no longer at LS) did this for 9 months with a search bar script link. Hope LS gets to the bottom of this quick.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ecomcity: why would someone put sales in my account?? I am an extra idiotic newbie. OH, my name is very common, do you think someone at LS thought they were putting sales into let's say JOHN SMITH's account, and mistakenly put them in my "JOHN SMITH" account??? My name is not Smith, but extremely common. My first name is not so common, but I do not know if there is an affiliage by the same name as mine. There may be.... hmmmmm This should help LS. I think I recall when I signed up, that I could not use the user name I wanted, my name. I had to use a shortened version. Or maybe they were just "parking" the sales in my account for awhile until they felt safe to move them??? Me being such a newbie, probably they thought I would not notice. And I did NOT notice until Zeus made the comment today about looking at the Payment History. I had never looked there before... I almost passed out from shock... I think now that I emailed LS twice about this, they should be jumping on it. I hope to get my LEGIT check soon!!! As none of this is my fault...

A lot of factors have to come into play before someone posts about occurences like these. So this may actually be happening fairly frequently.

It could also be that someone has an affiliate ID very similar to yours and they've messed up their links.

The way I see it, you have two choices:

1) Pocket the money, or
    2) Notify Linkshare and let them track down the problem.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I notified LS. I am not a person who can pocket the money which rightfully belongs to others. Maybe as you say, Michael, perhaps the Affiliate ID number is very similar. Do you think someone maybe messed up their OWN ID number in the code of their links and their sales have been credited to me??? I don't fool around with the ID number. I just leave it as is... It is a very bad error on someone's part, but whose error it is, is LS's problem now. I sent two emails to LS through my account about this. That should help to get them moving. I think LS must have a way to see to whom these sales belong. I HOPE SO. I just want my simple few sales and my July check. Thanks to all for your input. All I can suggest is what Zeus said earlier in this thread, CHECK your Payment History. I hope your is looking correct and I will be relieved when LS straightens mine out. Maybe the rightful owner has such a huge site, he or she is unuaware of all these missing sales... Well, I will run along now. No A/C for 2 days, 90 degrees in here. I hope the A/C guy can FIX it this time...

Interesting - just for grins and giggles I checked my payment history and I have sales from 2 merchants that I don't have links up for either.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Well, I fgure if a person takes commissions that do not belong to them, LS will EVENTUALLY connect the dots and request a reimbursement. Honesty is still the best policy. Easiest too... whatever commissions I EARN, those are the only ones I want to receive. LS may be slow, but things can come back to bite people in the rear when they least expect it. I ain't interested in no probs...Someday, LS will sharpen up. I cannot imagine big earners wondering for months where their commissions went and not hounding LS, can you? Come on now... the jig will be up one of these days (but LS is so slow, goodness knows when, but they will wise up) and those who stole commissions will have to pay them back or face whatever legal penalties apply in their respective states. Me, I do not look good in stripes. I like to be FREEEEEE. No jail cell for me, kids...Theft is theft, some is grand theft. I ain't doin none of dat...Y'all can do whatever y'all want...I ain't in for it. It is too hard to earn commissions. Let the people to whom the commissions rightfully belong HAVE THEIR COMMISSIONS. Get real. If you are doing it, someone is for sure doing it to you and probably stealing a lot more of yours than you get of theirs. Contact LS and tell them when you see an error. Otherwise, remember the bite on your butt will come later....don't holler then...

By any chance do either of you have rotating Linkshare banners? I do, and will get clicks and sales through that for merchants that I don't otherwise promote.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Michael

from amazonut's original post, it seems that sales are being reported for those times that the affiliate is not yet enrolled in the particular program.

do you think the merchant/s will give out commissions to affiliates who are not enrolled in their program?

By any chance do either of you have rotating Linkshare banners?
    I don't have any Linkshare banners up.

Well, I fgure if a person takes commissions that do not belong to them, LS will EVENTUALLY connect the dots and request a reimbursement. Honesty is still the best policy. Easiest too... whatever commissions I EARN, those are the only ones I want to receive. LS may be slow, but things can come back to bite people in the rear when they least expect it. I ain't interested in no probs...Someday, LS will sharpen up. I cannot imagine big earners wondering for months where their commissions went and not hounding LS, can you? Come on now... the jig will be up one of these days (but LS is so slow, goodness knows when, but they will wise up) and those who stole commissions will have to pay them back or face whatever legal penalties apply in their respective states. Me, I do not look good in stripes. I like to be FREEEEEE. No jail cell for me, kids...Theft is theft, some is grand theft. I ain't doin none of dat...Y'all can do whatever y'all want...I ain't in for it. It is too hard to earn commissions. Let the people to whom the commissions rightfully belong HAVE THEIR COMMISSIONS. Get real. If you are doing it, someone is for sure doing it to you and probably stealing a lot more of yours than you get of theirs. Contact LS and tell them when you see an error. Otherwise, remember the bite on your butt will come later....don't holler then...
    Well if they want to jail me for 2 bucks that I got in a check months ago...so be it. I guess I'll just have to live with that. I certainly didn't *steal* the money from them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Folks, the numbers being reported right now are totally wacked...

Right now, it shows me having 15 million in total commissions the past 3 months.

No problem here with too many sales that aren't mine showing up in my act. So far I'm sitting at zero for the month.

On a brighter note, it's nice to see how honest the ABW gang are. WTG Amazonut and others

So I thought I'd go back and check my 2004 stats as well. First of all, I doubt LS will make any payments for something that's showing up in the 2004 November reports, but I'm not exactly sure where you're getting this information amazonut. I can't use Synergy because I'm on a Mac, so I'm stuck with the old reports. In any event, LS says I earned -$40 in November and about -$250 in December. These were my best months ever in affiliate marketing so I know something is fishy. I couldn't find any 15 million dollar commissions in 2005, but it would have been funny to see.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

So I used a friend's computer to finally take a look at the Synergy reports. Apparently Linkshare issued a check worth *80 TIMES* my normal commissions back in June. Of course I never saw this check nor would I feel right cashing it. Something is very wrong at Linkshare. Their programers aren't careful enough with the data and are letting it get out of control. They really ought to consider hiring programmers who know what they're doing.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    I think the reports got the decimal places wrong. You'll probably get a check that is 0.8 times your commission. They displayed in cents what you would get in dollars in the check at the end of the day.

All the reports are totally whacked. According to my report I was sent a check in May for a great deal of money. I didnt' receive any payments in May from LinkShare at all. My June reports show a lot less than I actually received.

Besides looking at Affiliate Payment Summary under Network Transaction Analysis, does anybody actually use any of the other reports?

ABW Ambassador
    I stick to the old reports in the old interface. The whole linksynergy section is pure nonsense.

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    I view only the Sales and Activity Report and the Affiliate Payment report. And the Affiliate Payment report is REALLY screwy at the mo (no sales data for most of July). Please LinkShare, DON'T MAKE THE SWITCH!!
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sure hope LS gets a handle on this reporting "blackhole". Other then clicks and impressions all prior years history has been erased from the old reports. Nothing beyond 2005 shows in the new reports. So we're flying on 100% complete trust that 3rd party thieves are't emptying the LS commission vault during the reporting blackout. My Golden Link Award must have really ruffled some feathers as I haven't gotten one LS sale since they were passed out. Nothing but site scrapping BOTs whacking my PR5 natural SERP pages and not even a Linkshare Press Release to make up for the exposure.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast