Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    $10,000 A Month!
    Dear CJ, Per your email below I have decided to build a "BHO" Parasite/Spyware APP so that you may consider me for CJ Performer in the future. I figiured that if you added up all the commissions from last year that were stolen form me by BHO parasite programs it would probably hover around 10K a month. But whos counting.

Sincerely,
    BB

<>
    "Based on the eligibility requirements, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accept you into CJ Performer. At this time, publishers are required to earn $10,000 in monthly paid commissions to qualify for CJ Performer. For further details about eligibility please visit www.cj.com/cjperformer.

We would like to remind you to use the Login Manager of the CJ Account Manager™ to link all your Commission Junction and BFAST publisher accounts, so you can monitor your performance all at the same time. Should you meet the requirements of CJ Performer in the future, we encourage you to reapply at that time.

Due to the overwhelming number of inquiries it is not possible to give an individualized response.

Thank you for continued support of Commission Junction.

Sincerely,

Commission Junction"

ABW Ambassador
    nice try. LOL

Question
    did they actually say 10K in commissions?

Is it just one month at 10K or a certain number of months?

I can remember way back when I finally met the minimum sales requirements to get the free datafeeds. I love it when they set these hurdles for me to reach for.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http://www.cj.com/cjperformer

CJ Performer is designed for top-performing publishers who have a proven track record of delivering results, work ethically within the CJ Marketplace and want to expand their affiliate business prospects. Publishers who qualify will be provided with a designated account manager, expedited technical support, and custom transactional feeds, while benefiting from Commission Junction's advanced technology and features.

CJ Performer is available to publishers using Commission Junction's CJ Marketplace and BFAST Partner Gateway solutions. To be eligible a publisher must have at least one CJ Marketplace account and have been paid at least $10,000 USD in commissions per month for the last three months. This amount is based on aggregate commissions across all BFAST® and CJ Marketplace accounts that are linked using the Login Manager. For publishers with multiple accounts, only the accounts that are linked will be considered in their application. Please allow two to three weeks for application review.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Okay, what about the majority of CJ affiliates who have a proven track record at CJ for many years, work ethically and want to expand their affiliate business prospects? Is CJ going to do anything them?

I'd love my own designated account manager. Hey, I've now got one at Linkshare (of all places) and only produce a fraction of sales for them compared to what I do for CJ. I'd love to have my designated account manager who could look at my 60+ a year sites producing sales at CJ this year so far and have them suggest other merchants that would be a good marriage with my affiliate marketing style. I've got an idea. Perhaps two or three of us combine our incomes to reach the commission goal and I then I get to work with the account manager every second or third week fo the month. Sounds fair to me.

Okay, worth a try, but still...I would like my own account manager even if I could be limited to utilizing their advice once a month.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm actually surprised that they set the bar so low. I know affiliates who make ten times that per month. I would have figured that there were much more than 200 affiliates making $10,000 per month on CJ.

If you want to get to that level quickly, you might look into PPC. You should be able to earn $10,000 per month at CJ by spending $5,000 per month on AdWords, as long as you bid reasonably and pick your keywords, products, and merchants carefully.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yes, that would be the way to do it, but I'm afraid I would be spending more and more to compete with those other 200 affiliates.

I run my business on a shoestring where nearly all comissions received is profit. I used to own a business with a store front location. One day I realized that all I was doing was providing an income source for my landlord, the utility companies, the Yellow Pages, the local newspaper, etc. More of what I was making was going to others than I was getting. I vowed never to do that on a long term basis. I do experiement from time to time, but do not try to depend on regular sources that require lots of my money to product my income.

So, what I make at CJ may not seem like that of the Big Guns, but I keep a very high percentage of what I make and I'm quite happy with that.

My point really is that I think CJ should look at the affiliates who have been here long term, producing a regular, high standard of commissions over that time and periodically assign an account manager to assist them. That is one of the reasons I have some special relationships with some Affiliate Managers. Because they take the time to look at my business model and suggest ways we can improve sales. CJ would benifit if they could offer this service once in a while, esecially when dealing with merchants that don't have dedicated affiliate managers that would normally do it.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I'm actually surprised that they set the bar so low. I know affiliates who make ten times that per month. I would have figured that there were much more than 200 affiliates making $10,000 per month on CJ.

If you want to get to that level quickly, you might look into PPC. You should be able to earn $10,000 per month at CJ by spending $5,000 per month on AdWords, as long as you bid reasonably and pick your keywords, products, and merchants carefully.
    This is not a joke Michael,

But, if I had to spend $5,000 per month on AdWords in order to maybe make $10,000 per month at CJ , I would rather take my chances with the State Lottery.

The only problem is that the numbers work the opposite way in the lottery. $10,000 will get you $5,000 on average.

Of course you could do it with much less than that, but I was just throwing out a number. With PPC, the sky is the limit. You and I can do better than 100% ROI, but others might do less. Some lose money.

Nevertheless, if someone is really interested in getting to the $10,000 per month commission level at CJ and aren't concerned with profit, they could easily do it through PPC.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

CJ & AdWords is like playing a slot machine, except that with a little practice you hit the jackpot month after month and don't even have to pull the lever after a while.

I would have figured that there were much more than 200 affiliates making $10,000 per month on CJ.
    Does it say somewhere that there's only 200 making that much $.
    Thanks for this thread. I had no idea that that level even existed. I applied today

Can I borrow $100000 to spend on adwords and make $200000. I will pay you back in 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBigGuy
    Does it say somewhere that there's only 200 making that much $.
    Thanks for this thread. I had no idea that that level even existed. I applied today
    Hey someone thanked me for a thread. I suppose I should play the lottery today.

With PPC, the sky is the limit.
    But isn't it true that some merchants have very strict rules when it comes to PPC?

-nishith

Most only restrict you from bidding on their trademarked business name or variations thereof. I'm talking about bidding on products.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

And do most programs allow PPC visitors to land on their (merchant) site instead of affiliate's site? I've seen atleast one merchant that doesn't allow this. So wondering if this is normal?

-nishith

Some do and some don't. It's usually laid out in the terms of the specific programs. Most allow bidding on generic words to land directly on their sites.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Some CJ merchants that do restrict certain keywords or PPC aspects will add this information to their get links section in their CJ listing.

And while we'r talking about PPC, I had a question. What can a merchant do to help the affiliates with PPC. Do merchants help with tracking of PPC for affiliates? If PPC is going directly to merchant's site, how can affiliate know if it is converting?

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by nish
    And while we'r talking about PPC, I had a question. What can a merchant do to help the affiliates with PPC. Do merchants help with tracking of PPC for affiliates? If PPC is going directly to merchant's site, how can affiliate know if it is converting?
    A merchant can supply you with the top selling items and any tools you need to build a site for them. As for tracking, I can't imagine that a merchant can help much here. As for sending PPC directly to a merchant's site, that is getting harder and harder due to the PPCSEs tightening restrictions on this. The second rate PPCSEs allow it, but the keyword here is second rate. It is best to send the traffic to your own page. That allows you control over seeing the stats coming from the PPC campaign and it allows you to presell the product or whatever it is that you do to add value or increase conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    As for sending PPC directly to a merchant's site, that is getting harder and harder due to the PPCSEs tightening restrictions on this.
    So Google & Yahoo (overture) doesn't allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    As for tracking, I can't imagine that a merchant can help much here.
    I think a merchant (if he's running indie program) can do a few interesting things. Lets say the affid is 442232. Merchant can allow the affiliate to add a number like 442232-[number] For example: 442232-5. And in the merchant's reporting, they can show how many hits came from '5' & how many converted and so on. Wouldn't this be helpful?

cheers!
    -nishith

CJ has the sid field, LInkShare has a similar one they can enable, some indies have similar setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar
    CJ has the sid field, LInkShare has a similar one they can enable, some indies have similar setups.
    Doh! That was easy.

I'm so challenged sometimes...

Thank you Superstar!

cheers!
    -nishith

On the topic of PPC, I have a couple of merchants that don't provide product links. I'd like to have a single url that redirects to the page of my choosing on their site (or mine).

I remember reading about a urlformat I can use, along the lines of

http://cj's URL/click-pid-MYPID?url=landing_page

But it wasn't working for me today. Am I missing something there?

Thanks,

Sean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast