Someone has really screwed up now...

Affiliate Monthly Payment Summary

Payment Status Name is equal to issued

Payment Date Payment Type Total
    Commission Amount Paid Currency
    5/11/2005 Domestic Check 2,033.46 USD
    6/8/2005 Domestic Check 14,490.34 USD
    6/15/2005 Domestic Check 3,441.16 USD

sure wish I was earning those kinds of numbers... still no payment showing for July 8th, covering May commissions...;o(....

**sigh**

Judith

Looks like they removed the affiliate payment summary for now. Mine was showing that I'd made $15 million in the past 3 months.

Mine was showing that I'd made $15 million in the past 3 months.
    LOL
    ermmm .... you didn't right?

edited because ... sigh I wish the smilie page would stop crashing my pc
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I'm thinking it might have been showing sales revenues or something rather than commissions paid. Mine looked more in line with revenue numbers, which of course are many times higher than commissions.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Not mine. My numbers were hundreds of thousands of dollars and more than any sales/revenues that I had generated for those periods.

Don't you start to wonder when this stuff appears...we find it...we report it here...LS sees our posts and pulls the program down. LS should have some system in place that automatically checks SynergyAnalytics stats and notifies them instantly if there is some kind of error like this, small or even huge like this one. We should not be LS's automated system to detect this stuff.

Not sure when this happened during the night but LS should have a night programmer that gets contacted when things go bad. "Even Ron" has a simple, low cost way of doing the same. I have a system in place that checks my websites and if a server problem occurs it sends an email to an address not at my server. When that email is identified, I have it set to send a message to my cell phone. I have it set to check every 15 minutes.

Maybe LS can afford to work incorrectly for hours at a time...I can't.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Not sure when this happened during the night but LS should have a night programmer that gets contacted when things go bad.
    I noticed the numbers were askew last night around 11:30 - 12:00 pacific.
    And yes, I'd have noticed a check that size coming to me and it would have seriously altered my mood towards LS had I received it lol.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Special Liaison
    Good Afternoon,

I just spoke with the tech department, this issue started early this morning. Once the issue was discovered the Payment Summary report was taken down. This issue should be fixed by later this evening if not sooner. Sorry for this inconvenience.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Gloria[/FONT]

hit and run replies.
    would have asked if this had anything to do with disappearing sales in reporting or the fact that the check cutting team seems to think I have no sales in may for a merchant even though their own reporting system states otherwise.

It's time to treat us like partners!
    Gloria,

Hit and run is right. We appreciate your message, but you are telling us what we already know after the fact. You are not telling all affiliates what is going on, either by email or a message at LS log on. You are not putting a message at the other, earlier post here at ABW that first brought this to everyones attention.

This is the same complaint that affiliates have about the support department. Quiet often we hear nothing, then when we do it is a canned response either telling us what we already know ourselves or information presented elsewhere.

Can we please beef up the support system to provide timely information, not canned, and can we do it in a way that all affiliates get it? This would be the professional thing for a company such as LinkShare to do. Otherwise it presents itself in such a way that we are not important and I thought LS was trying to make affiliates more like "partners".

Im sorry, but I just cant understand why something so simple is sooooo hard to implement. Is Mr. Messer micro managing things in such a way that each department cant provide input for positive change? It sure appears many of your hands are tied by what little positive change we have seen.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

you mean I can't keep the money?

Reports are back up. Sorry, folks, your high commissions from earlier today have evaporated.

But it sure was fun seeing those high numbers in our account this morning, even if it was obviously a programing error at LinkShare.

Now, the bigger question is how did this all occur? How can we be assured by LinkShare that their statistical recording of our sales and commissions is accurate? How many of you now have doubts? Not a good feeling is it?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

[QUOTE]Now, the bigger question is how did this all occur? How can we be assured by LinkShare that their statistical recording of our sales and commissions is accurate? How many of you now have doubts? Not a good feeling is it?QUOTE]

you want doubts?

I do diddle with Linkshare now, not that I did that much.
    So I'm waiting on a May payment for 2 merchants and none comes.
    I contact them on another issue and casually mention the payments thing, which they show as none being done for me.
    They dig a little deeper and today I get an email saying that Merchant1 the sale didn't occur until June.
    I think remember seeing the sale May 29th and I may be wrong that's fine. But I can't check, because the sale transaction has vanished.
    I can no longer see it anywhere. It's not reversed or anything, just gone.
    Now, in addition, accounting (check cutting team) says I earned NOTHING for them in May.
    Here's the hook.

Old reporting shows sales, reversals and commission owing.
    Analytics - which support says they and accounting use, apparently shows NOTHING.

I have no idea where to look to find this and have been going nuts.

So, with these two issues and the statement that accounting is on analytics all I can say is

Popdawg,

Sorry to hear of this, but thanks for pointing out just one more example of their flawed program.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread